Just a question

So I have a Mars hydro tf100 or whatever it’s called I want to bring my light up more but I have a fan blowing to keep it cool do I have to do that or will it be okay with put a fan blowing on it it seemed to get hot like the part where the buttons are … is that normal ?

1 Like

Lights get hot Nate, try your best to keep an eye you don’t blow that hot air back at your plants

Use inline fans to draw air out and away from the grow

As far as normal, yes it’s normal

4 Likes

That makes sense I never thought of that and yeah I have the online fans and other fans just need to get my light higher didn’t know if it needed to be cooled or it’s fine

Led nah your good bro

2 Likes

Thanks man figured I was … plants are getting tall and I have to put it up as far as it will go at the very top

1 Like

It’s a pain I the A, but sounds like you know what your doing!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that lol but my plants are doing very well about 60 days out of soil now have to do some adjustments today

1 Like

Trust me no matter who you are your always fine tuning your grow!

You seem to be wise enough to read the girls tho and that makes a huge difference

1 Like

Do you have a ducting style exhaust fan if so you really dont need to cool them more then the ambient temps will that’s why the metal heatsinks are usually on the overly large side ( particularly with mars since they add extra angle reflectors)

1 Like

Yeah I got all that … just fed them some big bloom from fox farms see what happens now

Nate, I have a similar issue with my Maxsisun pb4000 with Dimmable remote. It gets hot, so I have a 6” Vivosun inline fan with controller so it’s blowing about 390 cfm cool air on my pb4000 grow light. Hope this helps you, it help me tremendously good luck. Btw, 119.00 at Amazon fan filter ducting tube and clamps

2 Likes

Nice set up man , yeah I don’t have a fan on mine anymore and it’s fine I alsways check here before I do anything as I’m need to this , just really not sure when to harvest or what to look for I’m 60 days out of soil now so I know I got time but always get nervous

Anyone have harvest Information in simple terms lol what to look for etc … @GreenSnek @PharmerBob @OldSkool

Nate, ty man, yeah I like totally different then growing outdoors for sure. Yeah 10” fan on top of the tent to help out a bit. Ok so harvest, YouTube, videos that way you’ll have an understanding. Mr canucks, mr growit. Very instructive. Treeinapot, is good or hempinapot, with his GoPro cool vids though. Me I use a 10x magnifying glass to look at tri combs for an amber color, no whites, or clear, I’m waiting just a bit longer on Runtz, and Super Lemon Mac, then cut and hang and dry. Hope this help good luck

1 Like