Just a noob w/ questions

im growing in a 2x2x4 any lighting suggestions… using budget lights right now but on my next Gro i want to really get things right
![IMG_20220913_081227|375x500]

& will the lights im using now get my photo through flower.ik i wont get the greatest yield but really i’m just trying to make it thru this grow to learn.Oh & thnx to everyone that will/has commented this forum has been great!!!

3 Likes

Good afternoon :slightly_smiling_face:. From what I can see of your plant it is looking good. What strain are you growing! Have a great day! :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your doing it right you start out slow and easy over time you will want to try different things and that’s when the fun begins happy growing :v:

1 Like

You already know the answer, then. :wink:

4 Likes

People would be surprised at what will actually grow a plant. I’ve seen it done with daylight cfl bulbs. I vegged three photo plants with four daylight bulbs this year just to see if it’d work. They’re all in the woods doing fine rn.

It’s recommended that you have at least 30 watts of LED per square foot of grow space. I use a little over 40 watts. Some people use 50 or more. Anything 30+ will get you solid yields. If what you have works then save up as long as needed and get the best light you can. Many of us have wasted a lot of money on subpar lights only to end up buying another one. You’ll save money in the long run and have better yields if you just wait and get an HLG or something similar.

1 Like

Budget lights can grow budget buds. Good lights can grow good buds. Real good well you got the idea. Don’t know anyone that starts out with the idea to grow budget buds? Just saying.

5 Likes

Check out green beam grow lights. They have quantum board style lights with samsung lm301b diodes and meanwell driver.

Couple peoples on the boards saying good things about them. Cant post a link to them, but pics show enough for you to find them.

4 Likes

AK420 Photo
GG4 Auto

1 Like

I’m among em. They aren’t the HLG Diablo boards, but for a cheap light that grows better bud than it’s pricepoint, it’s exactly where I’d put my money (and have).

@Fiz @SynysterChris @Jonesy287 are also rocking Green Beams. I know Fiz has made a full harvest under hers, Chris is pretty close to harvest. Jonesy just got rollin, but I’m expecting great things :v:

2 Likes

I find it very hard to complain about my harvest, which was 21 oz from 5 plants - one of them was 8 oz. :blush:

6 Likes