Just a newbie looking for feedback

So for the sake of comparison the first photo I posted was taken on Monday. This one was taken this morning, I also checked pH and ppm both are still holding steady and water temp is still at 77°. I just started my 12/12 cycle yesterday so we’ll see how things progress. It kills me not to be able to check on them whenever I want!

1 Like

@cooknkd
Your ladies r looking great. I hope mine do just as well. Still have a few weeks before I can start flower stage. Just FIM’d my GL lady a few days ago. She is looking good for being only two weeks into veg. Really getting bushy for a GL. Will be posting more photo’s today in my grow log. Good luck.

Adding a photo of my GL lady. She is looking good.

2 Likes

@cooknkd
My BS seeds are growing legs. Out of the six seeds, looks like 5 are sprouting. That is amazing for bag seeds. Going to put them in dirt for now and maybe grow them just to see what they are.
Here are a couple of photos of them. Just hard to believe they are BS’s. I dont think MY thumb is that green. :herb:

Since they hare started this well, I hate to just put them outside in a hidden corner. Wrong time of year. I am getting a new tent the end of the month so if I can find a spot to put the old one so I can use it as well, I will grow the BS. At least some of them. Old gardener showing.

1 Like

@cyberblast
i didn’t do any FIMing as i just wanted to make sure that i could get them to grow. and as i am really new to the world of growing and forums, i do not know all the acronyms so i’m going to ask what “GL” is? either way she looks good.
and i was given 11 BS seeds and i actually got 9 of them to sprout but i screwed up by moving them around a bit too much because the production on my tank was taking a bit longer that i had anticipated. i had one seed that was outgrowing her dome and had to move it and then i added a my circulating fan and it caused everything to dry out so i lost the first 6. the pictures i posted are 4 of the last 5 that sprouted. so had i not screwed up, i’d likely have 9 plants now instead of only 4. that being said, i’m kind glad that i only have the 4 as i think that’s a good number for me to deal with. and the yield from these, no matter how much, will allow me to reinvest and get some better equipment rather than all of the DIY that i have.

@cooknkd

Hi guy, sorry, GL stands for Gold Leaf. It’s a Robert design bud. He has the seeds in the store. It’s a great plant. You might want to try it down the road.

2 Likes

Great Indica Hybrid! Grows like crazy and great yields! @cyberblast @cooknkd

1 Like

ok, a quick update here, i was out of town, for a week, running a half marathon and then moved right into some meetings for my work.
so after basically no maintenance and just let my gals do their thing for a week under the 12/12 lighting, this is where we are. i check ph, ppm and water temp when i got back to town today and ppm has actually gone down a bit, not up like i expected and ph has only gone up by .1 from 5.8 to 5.9. so it seems that this strange hybrid of a system that i have here is doing pretty well. no signs of stress, yellowing leaves, wilting, etc… the only odd thing that i have noticed is that they are growing out and not up. so they are not very tall but jeepers are they getting fat.
so any and all thoughts or questions are welcome there!

2 Likes

@cyberblast @bob31 i’ve read great things about it one the site. i fully intend to experiment with things once i get this system dialed in. i may give this strain a go in the future. but my ultimate goal is crazy potent buds cause i wanna make some edibles that will knock people’s socks off. i work in foodservice so cooking is my passion and i like getting people really stoned with my stuff! :wink:

2 Likes

@cooknkd

Your ppm should go down as your plant absorbs in nutrients.

@Ray4x see i kinda thought that too but then they are also “drinking” the water as well, right? that would be the other thing, i bet i’ve only lost about 2 gallons of water out of that tank, maybe a bit more. i kinda messed up and forgot to mark the tank as i will filing it so no i kinda have to eyeball my water level. i mean i know where 77 gal is on the bottom of a net pot so i could probably do some complicated math and figure it out but i think i’ll just wait until i drain it.

2 Likes

@cooknkd

Yeah probably a good idea to mark it next time.

But yes they are drinking water but we can’t be too sure at what rate they are taking in nutrients. It’s not like a 1:1 ratio if you know what I mean.

1 Like

@cooknkd

That is what mine are doing. Growing out, not a whole lot up. Especially my Gold Leaf gal. She is going up but she has just bushed out big time. And the OGKush are kinda doing the same though not to the degree of the GL girl. My one other, a White Widow, is jut sitting there right now. Not growing a whole bunch. Getting ready to put my screen up for my scrog over the GL gal. And let it grow there for a couple of weeks before I go to flower.

1 Like

Great set up man looks awesome

1 Like

@Ray4x i definitely understand that it’s not at 1:1. And the PPM only went down by 100 or so, not like a crazy amount i need to worry about right now. well i was just to excited to get the tank up and running, i forgot! but i got it next time fo sho!

@cyberblast i’m not stressing it too much cause they look healthy as all get out so i’m just gonna let em go and see what happens! i’m curious to see your SCROG when you get it up though. create a topic for that one and tag me in it or if you have a grow journal, tag me! thanks!

@Hogmaster thanks, appreciate the kind words!

3 Likes

@cooknkd
I will keep you posted. As a fact, I do have a grow journal going so will tag you on it.

1 Like

@bob31 @cyberblast @Ray4x @Covertgrower @Hogmaster @Myfriendis410 @Wishingilivedina420state @suctionmed @Countryboyjvd1971

ok, i think i’ve tagged everyone that has commented previously. after a bit of traveling for work and just working my ass off in general, i’ve finally got some time to update things here. so the pictures i’m posting after all of this are my ladies at about week 9. i honestly forgot when i planted them so it could be a week less. (funny thing about me forgetting, i don’t even partake!!) . anywho, on to the upadate…

so it was a drain and refill after about 2 weeks-ish in the tank. flushed with GH flora kleen and added a bit into the nute mix as well. cleaned all of the tubing from the air pump, got some new stones and repositioned them because the airflow was causing them to shift to one side of the tank. moved the ladies around a bit and dropped the hoses through different holes. so far it’s working brilliantly, we’re about 12 days after the the draining of the tank, as of today.

though i was initially going to use the lucas method, i opted to not go that route because the ratios of nutes recommended by GH is easy enough to remember and measure and i figure it’s good enough for NASA it’s good enough for me. so i’m just using what they tell me to do and thus far much better results, and i’ve had some crazy growth over the last 12 days, i’d say at least 6"-8"…

checked pH and ppm today as well and it’s holding steady at 5.8 and just over 1100, respectively. so i honestly haven’t had to adjust much of anything. (knocks on wood)

i do have one question… should i or should i not trim off some of the lower leaves that i know aren’t going to have buds on them? part of me feels like i should because those leaves are growing larger and i’d like the plant to put more energy into bud growth rather than leaves. or do those leaves on the bottom help with light absorption? or maybe i’m just thinking too damn much and i should mess with shit if it’s working?

thank you in advance to anyone who gives advice! and i’m still open to any suggestions that you all might have… and without further ado, here is the progress of my ladies!

3 Likes

If you aren’t in flower yet, look at the plant from a flowering standpoint. If there are some wispy little branches down low and deep, they won’t amount to much. But during veg there’s all that sugar production going on. …

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I am in flower, there are plenty of wispy ones under there. I was more curious about the larger leaves that I kinda feel like are just taking up space. Not that I planned to trim them bare or anything crazy…

1 Like

@cooknkd I don’t have enough experience to say otherwise. I will say I didn’t trim any of mine, and I managed little popcorn buds down there. The more light you have the better it will reach down through canopy. I don’t recall your lighting situation but if you have sidelighting those little buds will still be potent enough and develops more than you think. But your mileage may vary…

2 Likes

Tuck leaves when you can. I’ve gotten pretty tough on the plants so I remove all of the understory which promotes bigger mains and better airflow.

2 Likes