Just a few brown fan leaves... am I done?

I have a fairly unreliable aquatic pH meter. Any suggestions on a good one to buy for my next grow is highly welcome.

I think I’m too acidic but I can’t tell because my meter never stays steady. I’m probably Week 6 of flower. I’m also wondering if this is just signs the plant is just used up. 1st grow so there’s a lot of error in my trial. I’ve been using the FOx farm bottles and powder. About 38%humidity and 73°-

75°

1 Like

I use a HM Digital PH-80, I like it.

Nice looking buds!

This is the meter I use. I bought the entire kit so I had the calibration liquid. It works very well for me.

1 Like

If you want accuracy every time, chemical testing pH is best, I recommend bromothymol blue and it’s associated color chart, it’s as easy as matching paint chips. I also use a Myron L EC meter that I check regularly and calibrate when necessary. It’s important to keep the cup and electrodes clean and salt buildup free, that goes for any electronic testing meter.
IMHO, pH is too important to trust to faulty readings and subsequent false remedies. pH determines what’s gonna live, and what’s gonna die, you just need to keep it adjusted to what species of plant life you’re growing.

I have the same meter but after a year i have to calibrate it for every use and even then it takes forever for it to get a solid reading. How do you store your meter when it’s not in use?

@OneManGang,

Nice plants you have there but you have two things going there my friend.

1.) Is WHITE POWDERY MILDEW

Get Rid of It –

Once we observe the first sign of powdery mildew, it’s vital to remove it as quick as we can. Fortunately, there are many easy ways to
do these using ingredients that are available at home. So, apply these materials and get ready to say goodbye to the problem.

Homemade Remedy

One way to get rid of powdery mildew is by using a popular homemade mix. Simply combine 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a quart
water in a bottle spray. Then, mist the mixture on the leaves to stop fungi from growing. We can also use this as a preventive method.

Other Sprays

Oil sprays from neem and sesame seeds are also good options to combat powdery mildew. Even fish oil can do the trick. As a last resort,
we can mix 40% milk and 60% water to create the popular milk spray.

Interestingly, proteins in milk form a natural antiseptic when exposed to the sun which then kills the mildew. To keep it at bay, spray
every ten days but only when the sun is bright. For indoor growers, artificial lights make a good substitute for the sun if they want to use this method.

Tap Water-Paper Towel Method

This method of getting rid of powdery mildew is so simple that we will only need a wet paper towel. With it, gently wipe the infected
leaves thoroughly until we can no longer see white patches.

Just make sure to avoid bumping the leaves too much while wiping to stop the invisible pores from spreading. This method is also a
good preventive measure to ensure no mildew will develop. Another good option is to wet the paper towel using a quart of water with
one-half teaspoon baking soda

2ND) YOUR ( TRICHONES )

THIS ONE IS AN AWESOME HIGH OR PERFECT!

THIS ONE IS JUST KICKING BACK AND

THIS ONE IS WHAT’S CALLED GOOD NIGHT IREEN OR COUCH LOCK

2 Likes

It’s not mildew. I had that last summer on my peas and zucchini. The leaves are splotchy brown, but not like when you’re using tap instead of RO. This seems like an acidic/basic qualm.