Just 1 leaf is doing this

I have a leaf that looks a bit funny … I know what no water, too much water , nute and heat burn look like … North. lights, Fem. Indoor , ph is right , 600w HPS , 16" away from that leaf … MG, nutes added soil. She has taller branches that dont have it … ???

Just my opinion @bluethumb but maybe give her a little Micro-Mix it’s all off the nutrients like iron zinc copper ect. More people should come along with more support and advice :v:️.

1 Like

With the leaves being dark green and waxy looking it could be from the MG . Too much Nitrogen maybe . But we should have someone else with more experience chime in . What kind of soil are you using and what nutrients are you feeding ?

3 Likes

Im using the MG All purpose , time release soil … The rest of her is fine and the other 3 girls are fine as well …I tried adding nutes , like a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon just once and they didnt like it … I cant add any nutes for another 25 -30 days .

1 Like

I think it looks like it has nitrogen toxicity (curled leaves, dark green, waxy appearance).

6 Likes

I think @Bogleg could well be right mate lets see if we can get another opinion for you @SmoknGranny @raustin can you help out some if you have some time please :v:️.

From my online research it’s probably nitrogen toxicity from the time release MG. The general consensus is not to add any additional nutrients that contain nitrogen and to water sparingly. Flushing will not help. Personally, I have not used MG as I thankfully read here and elsewhere before I started growing this year. I’m giving a shoutout to @garrigan62 and maybe he can give you some better advice :blush:

5 Likes

For some reason I can’t see the pictures.

Im not feelin the Nitrogen could do that ?? They have been in the soil for months. The other plants (same soil) arent doing this and being near the top, you would think it had to travel past all those sucker branches on the bottom and not affect them ?? I could be wrong… Yep

From seedlings to flower your plants require varying levels of NPK. Some strains & individual plants can & will tolerate to some degree higher levels than others. Again, I, personally, have not yet had the problem you are having so I can’t speak from experience. :slightly_smiling_face: But I do a lot of research especially when I see a topic brought up here. I’m sure someone will eventually come along here with the right answer :+1:

4 Likes

Looks like nitro to me. Mg as in miracle grow time release soil if so then it is def a toxicity. Try to stay away from mg lots of issues with toxicity

4 Likes

Doesn’t really look like a cal mag issue

2 Likes

Could be both - there could be a lockout happening if there is nitrogen toxicity.

How come?

Just a point of reference, during the third or fourth week of flowering, one of my five plants suddenly suffered nitrogen toxicity. It was planted in the same soil and received exactly the same nutrients as the other two plants of the same strain in the same grow.

Unless you are comparing clones from the same parent plant (that also received the exact same treatment), these sorts of issues may be plant specific, even within the same strain. I agree with @Bogleg, it looks like a N2 toxicity to me as well. It looks like there are a number of leaves that are showing early signs as well.

Considering your soil, I don’t know how to move toward correcting this condition. Maybe @Countryboyjvd1971 or @SilentHippie will have an idea.

Again, from what I’ve read specific to MG the general thought was that flushing would release more nitrogen even more & possibly cause an increase in nute burn. Since I have NO personal experience I hope others will clarify & correct with their knowledge. :blush:

2 Likes

Okay that make sense to me. Thanks!

1 Like

It kinda does to me also if dealing with a time released fertilizer. That’s why I did a specific google search re: Miracle-Gro. I’ve also read where others who have used it have good results and utter failures. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

@SmoknGranny yes do t flush it I would trans plant to a non mg soil so you don’t have to worry as much also in end of bloom you still need to flush so again I would transplant to a non MG like fox farms is a good soil

3 Likes

Thanks @BigDaddyCain for your input for @bluethumb and your clarification. I was tagged in for my input here and did the best I could :slightly_smiling_face: I’m trying to fumble my way through learning with my first grow myself. :wink:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny ya don’t give up I promise by your 3rd grow you will have a pretty good handle on it and if issues arise we are always here to help happy growing it does get easier

1 Like