Jungle's 3rd grow #co2

I’ve been trying to keep my VPD low for the itty bitty plants, but because the cooling I have available is piping in outside air (recall, even though it’s 77F here today, it’s still wintertime) which comes in dry. As a result, I had a choice between ~80F & 40% and like 70F & 35%.

I have a single disc ultrasonic fogger with a small fan pointed at it for humidification. It works, but it doesn’t have the capacity to significantly change the humidity in my 400 ft^3 tent.

So, to increase my humidification capacity, I bought a 12-disc version: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGZ18FNC, put it in a large bin of water and pointed a small fan at it…

And it is capable of turning the whole 5’x10’ tent into a cloud! My poor plants must think they’ve moved to the coastal redwoods or something.

Pics in next post.

1 Like

4 Likes

Current state of things. 21 days since dry seed.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Time to FIM?

3 Likes

I would, but I’m also reckless.

1 Like

I think I will tomorrow. They’ve grown quite a bit in two days.

3 Likes

FIMmed today. Bushy little things already.

Even if I’m not doing the full @Arrow , should I tie down the branches to help them separate a bit?

3 Likes

FIM the ones in Grodan blocks yesterday. The DWC ones have finally reached the water with roots and are starting to grow.

Is 110ml/day ec=2.2 enough for those little guys?

5 Likes

Nice looking grow.
Im interested in seeing how the grow in the rockwool cubes using the floraflex system goes.
Ill be tagging along.

2 Likes

My Grow #2 had some SLH autos in Grodan cubes. Worked fine. Was never able to get the watering automated, though.

I’m particularly interested in how well they grow comparing same strain, same tent, grown two different ways!

2 Likes

@Jungle i have rdwc but was checking out floraflex with 3 gallon coco coir quick fill bags.

2 Likes

I use their 2gal quick fills just for fun. Got them on sale - don’t have an automated top watering system but they fit perfectly in a round autopot, and they bottom feed just fine. It’s great.

Can’t say enough good things about their coco.

2 Likes

@Jungle what size cubes are them . 6x6 ?

2 Likes

Yes, 6". The 8" ones are HUGE.

3 Likes

@Jungle what ph are you giving the plants in the cubes ?

1 Like

Somewhere between 5.8 and 6.1.

3 Likes

@Jungle ill give it a try with ya.

3 Likes

I have a 4x8 tent with half of it RDWC and under a HLG Diablo, the other half is a combination of a 320W HLG 3-panel kit plus a HLG 1-panel kit.

Everybody getting Jack’s.

The four RDWC plants are much happier, bushier, larger. The seven rockwool plants are … doing fine (only an issue in comparison).

Recent pics soon.

2 Likes

Here’s pics from last evening.

The DWC guys are happy:

The rockwool guys were really thirsty. I made them happier after the photo:

7 Likes