Jungle's 3rd grow #co2

Intro
This is my third grow. The first one was … a novice try. The second one turned out ok (and yielded 2+ lbs), in a combination of locally bred/sourced (Terple, Mt. Vernon Kush) and some autos which were a gift from my brother-in-law (Super Lemon Haze autos). I hope it’s ok to show non-ILGM seeds.

I’m going to grow four plants in the RDWC setup, and several more in a Floraflex setup (see below). I’m germinating 10 seeds …

I do have a set of the large bags of Jacks, but I also have a bunch of GH still. I’m going to use GH this time and hopefully I’ll have enough to make it through to harvest.

Previous grow:

This time:
Tent

• 80x120 Tent
  • co2
  • Intake air direct from outside (winter into spring in the DC area)
  • Co2, humidity, temperature controller
  • Instrumented for VPD monitoring (see 2nd grow journal for details)
  • Household dehumidifier, condensate pump
  • two large oscillating, plus one small fan
  • Humbolt Seeds Hella Jelly feminized from seed (10 seeds)

RDWC in half the tent

Floraflex & Grodan in the other half

10 Likes

Day 0, propagation begins

There were 8 larger seeds, and 2 smaller ones. Hopefully they all sprout, but I really only have room to grow out 7 or 8.

11 Likes

Nice. I’ll be watching :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Green with envy at what is happening over there.
Still illegal here in Australia.

3 Likes

First world problems. Lol. I’m looking for a bigger place right now. Only have space for a 2x4 where I’m at. I’d love to have more room to grow.

5 Likes

Nice, I want to follow along

Nice! Following along. Cant wait to see another grow!

Day 4:
Turns out there were 11 seeds in my 10 pack. Of those 11, 9 have tails and have been moved to 1 1/2" Grodan cubes. 2/11 still in paper towel.

Look at this weird sprout:

Kinda looks like a twin? Click & zoom in if you wanna see.
Thoughts?

8 Likes

I believe you have twins :women_with_bunny_ears:

2 Likes

YIKES. What do I do with twins? Surely don’t separate them? Just let’em grow?

4 Likes

Plant it and see what becomes of it. I’m gonna tag :label: along if you don’t mind. :v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

From another cannabis website:

TWIN SEEDLINGS
This mutation is very common. Polyembryonic seeds contain more than one seedling. Once germinated, it will produce two taproots instead of one. If carefully handled, these seedlings can be successfully separated into two plants. Strangely, one of the two plants will be a normal offspring of both mother and father. The other plant will only be a clone of the mother. Three-seedling polyembryonic seeds have also been reported. Despite its interesting biological marker and outcome, there is no real advantage to breeding plants with this trait. No effort has been made thus far to develop a true-breed with these characteristics.

It seems like I might want to separate them and grow’em both out to see what happens.

5 Likes

May be the best option. I’ve never had twins. But now we know.

2 Likes

I suppose the right time to do that is NOW … currently they’re snuggled together in one cube.

3 Likes

Thats pretty cool, i didnt know that one was normal and one was a clone of the mother. I actually had a twin this grow and i just clipped one, now i wonder which i got the mother or the normal one :thinking:

3 Likes

Well, the twins have started to erupt, so I know which cube has them in it and I can try to carefully separate them tonight.

5 Likes

No real need to separate. Just train them away from eachother.

3 Likes

Update

• 6 days since beginning with wet paper towels
  • Separated twins, carefully (scalpel to cut the cube carefully to release plants easy, move one plant to new cube, lightly rubberband the cut cube)
  • All have germinated, but there are two that are ~1d behind.
  • I’m going to have to deal with the helmets soon, I think.
  • 400 PPFD, ~34 DLI – high for seedlings, but they’re doing ok?
  • VPD ~0.18 kPa

Go little seedlings, go!

3 Likes

400 PAR is about perfect, ive tried lower and they strech pretty good, but thats just me.

1 Like

Beginning of week 3 from paper towel (16d from dry seed). I transferred all but 4 of the little cubes into big Grodan cubes, and ~12h later they’d all perked up and seem quite happy.

The four plants that are in DWC haven’t reached the water yet, so they’re not quite as happy (yet).

Decided to just do Jack’s on the whole grow. All the plants have 50% strength Jack 321.

5 Likes