Jungle's 2nd Grow

Seems a bit high to me but they like what they like…

1 Like

Tagging an expert @Nicky. Thoughts? Note I have CO2 (currently at 1025±25 but can go higher)

1 Like

Killing it :clap::clap::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Happy growing

@Newgrwr2018 advice please?

Consensus seems to be that approaching DLI=60 is fine if the plants deal with it ok, but >= 60 requires CO2. How much CO2 enables how much DLI seems to be missing. Both @Newgrwr2018 and @Nicky may have thoughts on this?

In that vein, I’ve measured my VPD as 0.24kPa, and I understand that the ideal range is 0.5 - 0.7 kPa. I’ve lowered the dehumidification setting in hopes to increase the VPD a bit, but I’m wondering what other advice anyone has re VPD?

These plants are sucking nutes out of the water fast. My sunrise PPM readings of the nutes for the last 6 days are 665, 645, 620, (added nutes) 770, 670, 640 (and note the water coming out of my chloramine filter is ~200ppm). I’m adding nutes now.

Also, this plant was yesterday

and this is the same plant today

Is that maybe related to my (currently) low nutes concentration? Or something else? All four plants were fine yesterday … and it seems like the other plants also have similar leaves (edit remove: this is the only one with an obvious problem). Help??

edit: this indicates a K deficiency, agree?

Adam

1 Like

@Covertgrower or someone?

Looks like mechanical damage to me. Especially if it’s on one leaf.

@Covertgrower It’s on the leaf above it too My Brother. :v::call_me_hand:
@Jungle could you have possibly spilled some nutes on a couple of leaves when watering?

Nope. I haven’t put my hands on any of the four plants in days. (CO2 = I prefer not to open the tent)

I’m 100% RDWC (and the res is outside of the tent), no real chance of that.

I do apply Mammoth Canncontrol as a foliar spray, but only weekly on Sundays, so that’s not it either.

You sure it’s not K?

1 Like

Could be more likely to be calcium, but could be the spray too. Need more information about what you’re feeding.

1 Like

I’m running:

• GH Flora trio
  • ArmorSi
  • CalMag
  • HydroGuard

and the Mammoth Canncontrol as a weekly foliar spray

The last nutes change was ~10d ago.

Does that give enough information, @Covertgrower ?

I would monitor ppms, and maybe add additional calcium if you can, in between res changes. Two leaves I wouldn’t be overly concerned, continue monitoring.

1 Like

I’m just going to change the nutes today or tomorrow, that’ll fix whatever the nutes issue is (assuming it’s a nutes issue).

It is on all four plants, though. But all of them look plenty perky and green, so … shrug. Potassium or Calcium, but I’m just going to take a sledgehammer to the problem.

Am still looking for co2 help, though. Anyone wanna tag someone that’s an old-hand at CO2?

1 Like

@peachfuzz may help, he’s old school.

1 Like

I have CalMag, but I don’t want to overdose. I do see where it could be either Cal or Potassium (on a seed company’s graphics, which I won’t post here).

How would I add Cal only?

Jacks nutrients part B will add only calcium, or a eggshells dissolved in vinegar will provide calcium.

3 Likes

No further brown spots after adding nutes to the system. Keeping an eye on it though.

Added 1/4hp chiller this morning (80F nutes isn’t such a great thing, and ice barely made a dent in the temp). Chiller works great! (Oversized a smidge for 35gal, but my system is expandable to four or six more plants). From 78 to 75 in 10 min.

Chiller users: any issue with condensation on the outside of the plant buckets?

Water - 70F, tent - 85F & 70%

1 Like

Tagging @Pheno

Yes, I have a chiller.

1 Like

I figured by the pic that you did…I did not see it … nice man … does it make buds lol