Jumping on the Tribus Train

Just ordered my first round of tribus. I hope the investment is worth it! We shall see though. Those who use it, can you enlighten me on how many applications and frequency? I have 7 plants thatll be transplanted into 5 gallon pots this week and i want to make sure i have enough to go around :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use Tribus Original once a week…

I feed to runoff twice a week… In soil.

In between I water with Recharge and Tribus. I mix it up by the gallon of RO water…

1 tsp Recharge
1/4 tsp

I water per instructions for Recharge:

I go with 12oz. There is not runoff.

Plants have never been healthier.

Also I use Great White for transplanting…

edited to add tag to link

I use Urb and apply it once every 2 weeks. Microbe products increase nutrient uptake. The microbes in these products consume the nutrients in your soil and then poop out a more easily absorbed form of those nutrients. Feed the microbes with unsulphured molasses (essentially sugar.) I add a tablespoon of molasses to the feed once a week to keep them healthy and populous.

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy i give the girls organic unsulphered once a week too. They love that stuff. Its like plant crack.

3 Likes

I have only used Tribus original, but i feel like 1ml/gallon once per week is plenty.

2 Likes

I use homemade lactobacillus. I’m shooting for some high octane buds for the grow I just started, not weight, necessarily. Would Tribus be a better investment than Fish Sh!t? I’ve used Fish Sh!t and honestly there hasn’t been a ton of difference between the home lacto b. and the FS. @MidwestGuy @dbrn32

1 Like

I don’t know that there is much difference between the different brands so long as you choose a brand known for quality. I’ve only used Urb and it works great. Other growers rave about Fish Sh!t or Tribus. They are all pretty much the same imho.

I’ve never done homemade and don’t know anyone (other than you) that has. Can’t really comment on it. Don’t see why is couldn’t be equally effective as long as you have a good recipe.

1 Like

I figured just as much. Come to think of it hellraiser did a comparison grow and I believe he said something along the lines of not enough difference to rave about. The homemade is easy to make. And a helluva lot cheaper microbial lol. I’m going to hydro store today (shoulda gone yesterday) for coco and was thinking about picking something up for that extra umph.

1 Like

I’m curious. How it is made?

2 Likes

1qt Mason jar. Add white rice and wash it, but save the wash. Add a little milk and cover with a paper towel and rubberband, set aside for a week or so. Scrape all the culture from the top (can be used for cheese or yogurt). The liquid is the bacteria you want. I cannot remember, for the life of me, measurements, but it’s a 5 minute YouTube watch.

3 Likes

Pretty cool. I figured milk was in it with a name like lacto…

1 Like

So more along the lines of Korean Natural Farming(KNF)? Nice thought about trying some recipes

1 Like

This is a knf method.

@Borderryan22 using a product like fishshit or tribus is just ensuring a wider range of goodies is included. The main differences from one product to the next is usually the concentration and how many different strands are included. They are all designed to do the same thing. For my indoor stuff i use tribus, for my vegetable garden i use formented rice wash.

3 Likes

Woooord thanks for that. I’ll try a small bottle of tribus.

2 Likes

Wait to see if there is 4/20 sale. There usually is, and it’s usually a good discount.

3 Likes