Journey from cutting to crop of northern lights

they sure are :smiley:

1 Like

I could be wrong a bit in the post above! you can tip out your plants from I’d say the first or 2nd set of full 5 finger leaves! remember though that it takes a full month for hormone levels ect to level out. so if you do tip out you should wait about a month before putting your plant into flower. H

Traumatic Brain Injury, I’m actually kinda lucky, it could be much worse then it is. I survived and that’s really all that counts anyway.

Ok, so, no pinching or cutting (unless I’m making babies LOL) scrog, which if I get it right is tieing the plant down to a horizontal chicken wire (sorry can’t seem to remember the exact term)

The plant then spreads out with many top colas, many BUDS.

Well, as I stated above, def looking forward to your future journal entries. If you have any advice for me, it is always greatly appreciated.

Wow! glad your still with us buddy.

Mebbi my terminology is wrong. I don’t train my plants ( I have and I do have some sativa I’ve trained to grow horizontally. there ready to go into flower now.) I just grow many in small pots rather than growing 2or 3 on to be bigger plants before flowering. As for tipping out there are a few opinions about it and perhaps you should read a few articles about it before deciding on what is best for you in your situation. H

the first time I took cuttings they were the lower branches of a plant just about to go into flower. I removed them to encourage growth at the top. They worked well. A friend of mine takes these lower branches off of all his seed grown plants and gets a 2nd crop like that. he grows from seed every 2nd crop and grows from cutting in the alternate grows. H

H,

Thanks, I’ll definitely try that, I’m assuming it works for all plants. I’ll have to wait until I can have 2 different grow areas, I’m assuming the cuttings would need a different lighting schedule. I would need a vegging room/area n a flower room, correct??

Sorry, TBI can really suck at times like this. The pot helps so much with the hand tremors, pain and most of all sleep.

I have learned so much from this forum, I’ll post some pics of my grow area I put together n my plants as they grow. Again, thank you for your journal, very well put together. I only had to read it 3x before I completely got it, other journals n post I usually have to read a dozen or so times over a few days before I can completely comprehend.

Thanks
PS: As long as you don’t mind may I seek advice from you from time to time regarding my grow.

1 Like

This is also the way I go about getting my cuttings but the strain I grow is bred to be muti-topped and lollipoped…as I stated in previous reply I haven’t been having very good odds with my clones. So after reading your thread I thought I would give it a try as it was time to do some trimming but ten days later I have lost a few and have a few already showing some root grow at the soil line. Thanks again for your journal it has helped me and my odds have already increased!

1 Like

Build a bubble cloner, check out my thread @Allen13420
I was terrible with cloning but ever since I made my own bubble cloner my odds are 9/10 successfully rooting!

1 Like

update 4/5 August 16 Days 14/15

I will reply to posts made soon. Busy day away from the comp sorry.

@Allen13420 here is a pict of my home made bubble cloner …Hammer .

this first is of the cloner i made and used 2 standard domes to cover it … this pict is roots taken 8-9 days after cutting.and placing inside of the bubbler…Hammer

4 Likes

@Allen13420 Also 2 more points to think about , one in all your clone picts those girls look like their out rite drowning …water very lite …# 2 keep this in mind when using a bubble cloner …look at my water .closely ,youll see its Very Aerated, 24"x30" approx. .and iam using 6 --4" stones in this one …i watch the bubbles and move them a little if i need to even out the bubbles … lots and lots of tiny bubbles …Hammer …

2 Likes

@ktreez420 …Where’s your thread .couldn’t find … @ me from it, so i can find easier…Hammer

Wow those look amazing! Yes they are drowning, thanks for the thread info on bubbler cloners. I was tryin to follow the steps in this thread and do things the way hoojafink was step by step and I wasn’t for sure if he had them sitting in water or not I have tried cloning well this is my fourth attempt and I’m horrible at it. What doesn’t die off normally turns hermie. But with good advice things are starting to look loads better. I really like the bubble cloner and got some parts, 4" air stones and new aerator. That one was just a horrible attempt with what parts I had laying around. Just a few questions I have does the smaller tote have to be dark colored I only have a clear one. And what’s the ph of the water in the cloner. 5.5- 6.0 just like dwc?

@Allen13420 Go to DIY Bubble Cloner …me and ktreez are talking about this very thing … if cant find ill @ you … Ps not ducking your Question …But read his thread and read my post …the reason is their to Diff PH’s . Hammer

2 Likes

HI guys and gals. My most sincere appologies for not being here to update this thread. something came up and I had to be away from home for a while. I abandoned that set of clones as there would be no one here to give them the special attention they were requiring at the time I had to leave.

I have however taken some more cuttings and will start updating again once we get to around the 2 week mark again. Once again I apologise for the unexpected break in the diary. H

Hi Al, I don’t have my clones sat in water just in pots as shown and then in a empty seed tray for convenience of moving them around.
Whilst we are on the subject of wetness, I have used about 1/3 less water(mix) than I used in the reel above.
I used just 1 ltr to water in all 12 of my new ones.
This I have done because of the hi rate of bottom end rot in the last batch.
I hope your are coming along nice now. H

that really is a beautiful sight! thanks for sharing. I’m unable to devote anymore space to growing at the moment so I will have to carry on utilising just the space I have in my grow rooms. Definitely gonna get one going once I have more room to do so. H

I have I few that made some roots but most of them had the bottom rot like your talking about probably were I had them in the water. I’m just starting and learning as I go, with every experience I learn more and get better. You need to check out the dyi bubble clone thread it is amazing what these guys are doing. My biggest problem is it takes too long for new grow to start and puts way to much stress on the girls and they all turn hermie on me. That is the few that do mak it. I’m going to try the bubble cloner with my next attempt.

2 Likes