Journal: White widow SCROG 2nd attempt ever

So im back again for round 2. I cleaned up my tent and have better cord management now, and added a steam humidifier on top of my cool mist humidifier (which wasn’t doing enough) . I also made a custom adjusting scrog net. I’m growing white widow again in hoping my final product turns out better than my first grow. It ended up being really harsh and tasted like shit. But it worked great to bake with! Lol anyways i will take what i learned through grow 1 and apply it here making this grow much better. At least i hope! :slight_smile: I’m two weeks in since they’ve sprouted. One is already having some issues. (Which is strange cuz i water both from the same jug, same ph) but i gave it some FF boomerang last night hoping for some recovery. And its lookin better overnight. Here’s some pics.

7 Likes

Very nice SCROG you’ve built. I think you’ll do MUCH better now that you have a grow under your belt. Good luck dude, and I’ll be watching!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

3 Likes

You are about a week ahead of me. This is my first grow. Looks like we have the same tent. I started w/2 white widow seeds. 1 sprouted. 1 did nothing. That was 10 days ago. I went with two more seeds and they sprouted 4 days ago.
I’ll be watching your grow should you continue to post on it.
Cheers and good luck!

1 Like

Well going on day 21 since sprout. And the girls and growing great. I just topped for the first time. Also started half dose of fox farms and some cal-mag.

2 Likes

Transplant day! I can’t believe how fast the roots grew! But they look healty. For my soil I’m using FF ocean forest with some perlite and peat moss mixed in. Hopefully the soil with stay nice and loose unlike my previous grow which was the cause of all my problems in the end.

2 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

Day 29 since sprout…so maybe day 20 in veg? I’ll go with that lol. That transplant was a success. They did get droopy the next day but I watered and today they are nice and perky looking fantastic. My deficiencies stopped as well. Everything above the bottom leaves are looking super healthy. Watered early yesterday. Going to feed late tomorrow or early Thursday. Here’s some pics.

2 Likes

I do have to work on getting that purple out of the stems though.

For anyone who’s actually following this. Here’s some more details.
Started off with 2 ww seeds from ilgm in a cup of peat moss with a little ocean forest at the bottom.
For my first feeding I fed half dose of FF (per ff feeding schedule) of Big Bloom, Grow Big, Boomerang, and half tsp of cal mag. (All in a half gal of water which obviously didnt use nearly that). After the first feeding i was still having deficiencies. So i used a full dose of the same nutes as above with my next feeding, which i will continue through the grow. Ph has been between 6.5 and 6.7 for every water and feeding. Temps between 74-82ºf Rh at 50 - 60%. Using advanced p300 led light.

2 Likes

Day 22 veg. Just tied the girls down today for some LST.

1 Like

Day 25 veg. Girls are looking super healthy and lush. I topped each plant twice which will be my last time.

2 Likes

Update: Day 34 of veg. Had some minor nute burn but not worried about it. Plan on flushing next week after one more feeding. I did put my net on today! Really excited to see it fill out. Hoping it turns out looking half as good as @hillcrest21678 scrog. Lmao. Here’s some pics.

1 Like

Update: Day 39 not a whole lot to report. Just been feeding and watering regularly. Here’s some new pics.

2 Likes

This is day 37 for mine just thought I would share.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. Sorry i haven’t updated in a while. Been busy with work and the holiday. So after my vacation i fed for the 2nd time in a row thinking because the gap was so long. I was wrong lol they started burning up. I flushed as soon as they dried out. Runoff Ppm was at like 2500! Yikes!. Got it down to about 1000. Just fed yesterday and they’re doing great now. Here’s some pics i just took. Also i will be going into flower this weekend i think…didn’t fill the net as much as i would have liked but I’m impatient lol. And also don’t want them too tall.

Can you tell me what tools you use for LST? I never done it before and would like to try for my 2nd grow ever. Thanks

Pretty simple really, i just use a long stick and a pipe cleaner and tie her down sideways. My scrog net i made with pvc, deck screws and nylon string.

Hello everyone. Again my apologies for not posting in a while. So i turned the girls to flower Dec. 13 and they’re doing great. Still just using the fox farms trio per feeding schedule. I bought some cha ching for late flower.

4 Likes

Thanks! Yours look great my white widow appears to be flowering very slowly and at first not at all. I switched them to a 12|12 to trigger the flowering process now that it’s started I’m think of moving it back to a 24/0 light schedule maybe? In order to help it progress. What do you think?

I read your thread! I’m not sure how your first grow went but this one is running smoothly! Only small mistakes have been made, very minimal and great catching your nute burn on time​:+1::+1:

I’m impressed you have the guts to top them twice! The first one being 21 days I like it! More tops=more colas!

I love the way you do business sir, and I cannot wait to see those big juicy buds!

1 Like