Journal - Grow 2 Electric Boogaloo - GSCE + Blue Haze

@dbrn32 @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @beardless @CMichGrower @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Nicky @KeystoneCops @kellydans
Hola! Happy 420!

Picked up some more strains greenpointseeds is having a 50% off 420 sale. My collection is huge now…over 50 strains. I am so set now…with cloning I won’t NEED any seeds for a very long time.

@BobbyDigital
I will attempt to adjust the exhaust… Currently the ac infinity controller is set using the high/low temp and humidity feature.

How do you specifically control the fan speed while also having those set?

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s one or the other. But you have an ink bird controller to handle the humidity for you. I’d run the fan manually, on a low setting, for a few hours to see if temps come up.

@Bobbydigital K… I’ll attempt slow the fan down… If i can get the heat up and consistant during lights on, I will then turn up the inkbird humidity setting to fit the increase in temps for vpd.

Thank you!

1 Like

Any chance you know the proper emissivity for a Cannibis leaf?

I found this but wanted to be sure that the general 0.94 for vegetation was accurate for pot:

Sooo… I set the exhaust speed to 1. Moved my oil filled radiator heater in front of one of the oscillating clip fans. Increased heat pad to 80F from 77F.

Heat now at an average of 82F.

Increased the humidity to 77RH for VPD… Moved sensors and the other oscillating clip fan to more effectively distribute the coolmist humidifier output.

Humidity now averages 65.2RH.

Not sure how to increase it further. Any tips for sensor placement, etc?

It’s close enough, I forget what the exact number is but it was up there in the .94-.97 range, seen it in one of Dr. Bruce Bugbee’s youtube videos.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser

Sweet! Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know what it is for cannabis either, but I think most plants that are commonly tested fall in .96-.98 range.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @Covertgrower

After up potting/transplanted with the new soil… Roots Organic Original… Should I again wait to add nutrients to water for a couple to a fee weeks as the soil has nutrients?

Or just when in seedling and early veg?

I just transplanted to 7 gallon fabric pots yesterday.

2 Likes

I’ve never used the Roots Organic mix so can’t tell you for sure but the company says start feeding 10-21 days after transplant so can probably go a couple weeks before feeding.

3 Likes

I treat it like ocean forest. Ph’d water until runoff hits 1000 ppm.

4 Likes

You should be good for couple weeks.

3 Likes

@BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @dbrn32
Thank you!

@Hellraiser I should have done more research… It was all there for me to find. Thank you!

I added a telescoping pole (cheap metal projector stand/hanger) to both tents. For more consistency in temps and humidity levels, I attached my Hygrometers(soil level & top of canopy), the inkbird humidity and inkbird temperature controllers sensors, and finally AC Infinity fan sensor(temp/humidity).

I also added a fan that is on a pole behind and goes on with the coolmist humidifier to spread the moisture around and at plants more efficiently and effectively.

After some sensor placement adjustments… Temps and humidity are more consistent and measured at the canopy(generally)…the plants immediate environment.

I also am experimenting having the 48"x20" heat mat, which was set at 82F due to basement floor temps even up in a pallet, off to save a bit of possible wasted energy… Seeing that it has been on auto with its temp controller for a couple months now.

They are looking great. Below are picks of the plants and sensor pole.

The Godfather OG… Small pot… Will be transplanted tomorrow as I underestimated how much soil I needed for the four 7 gallon fabric grow bags.

If you see anything you think needs adjustments I am all ears and appreciate all of your advice.

3 Likes

A sample of #6 from my first grow of 9 plants:

It’s going to be a tasty night watching Oak Island.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @dbrn32

I just realized, as I was organizing my seed collection that the seed packs from ilgm and the packs from weedseedsexpress are almost identical.

Would anyone know which is which? Ilgm has “girl scout cookies extreme” and wse has “girl scout cookies”. I am not sure which one I am currently growing.

1 Like

No idea, but I won’t disagree that it’s possible that either site is possibly using the same source. Difference for ILGM, is that they stand behind germination issues, and offer replacement. I don’t know about the other site.
It’s possible that express is even using ILGM’s seeds too. I don’t know enough information to give you definitive answer one way or another.
Batch on the left is a fresher date based on the code on the bottom. 3/10/21

1 Like

@Covertgrower You… are… awesome!

I did not realize that was a date code… Was able to match up orders.

I AM growing ilgm gsce… What I had planned.

1 Like

That’s odd. ILGMs bin for GSCE is 03:04:03.

2 Likes

@Bobbydigital @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Hellraiser

Hola! I have decided to switch tents today or tomorrow to the flower tent.

Is there an acclimation period I should keep in mind before switching to the 600 Rspec?

1 Like

I typically give them a few days to a week. If they can handle it at 18hrs there won’t be an issue for 12.

4 Likes