Journal 5: Hellraiser’s Cherry Ice Cream

UglyRashEskimodog-max-1mb kingo
Here we go!

2 Likes

Looks like we got a trifoliate. This was the first one that popped. Coco seemed almost dry at the top and cup was light so I watered till runoff and repeat.

Others are still heavy so leaving them alone

6 inch mini fan is now on, blowing some air against them to make them flicker and stronger

7 Likes

Love it. I just pulled 6.33oz off the triploid I harvested. I hope this little lady treats you right

3 Likes

@Underthestairs That’s a nice haul, congrats.

Thank you, I hope so too :smiley: tag a long and lets see how it will turn out

2 Likes

It looks like you are off to a great start there :+1:

1 Like

@Not2SureYet Thanks!

1 Like

Looks like the other 3 are not going to pop. Checked on them and there were no signs of any slight cracks so I guess I’ll go with the 4 that popped already.

I got some dynomyco that I’ll use when its time to transplant them to the 5 gallon fabric pots

Current environment: 27c 31%

5 Likes

To raise the humidity up, I placed a humidifier set at 60% and this is where the fan is set to kick in.

Light schedule changed from 24hr to 18/6

To reduce stretching, I lowered the lights from 30” to 24” away from the plants

Environment is now 24c 52%

7 Likes

I’m in for the ride! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

@Bamamojo glad to have you on board. Lets learn together

Thanks for coming by :smiley:

1 Like

Should be fun! Let’s roll!

1 Like

Looks good. Did you get the dimmer working or is it now just running all out all the time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I got it to work, however I the potentiometer is reaching maximum output when the dimmer is halfway through, so @BobbyDigital helped me out and suggested the potentiometer hes using and should fix that issue. I was able to find a friend of mine who received them yesterday and will mail them out to me as soon as he can. If I had ordered them through Amazon USA they were going to get to me in a couple of months from China lol

2 Likes

Change of plans.

Seedlings didnt show any sign of progress or growth. Based on experience, I went ahead and chucked them. I don’t want to waste my time on them and wait to see how they will turn out.

Dropped 6 seeds of Cherry Ice Cream from @Hellraiser and I’ll pick the best 4.

Expanded a brick of coco with Jacks 321 and Silica. Full strength at pH 5.8

Lights at around 90w and 24” away.

Environment 26c 27%

@Myfriendis410 May I please request a change to my journal name to “Journal 5: Hellraiser’s Cherry Ice Cream” ?

7 Likes

There you go, Ash!

FYI it seems like any seeds sprouted this time of year are slow anyway. Mine are 3 weeks old and just starting to grow.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Thank you sir.

Alright thats good to know. I just didnt want to risk it, knowing what I ended up with on previous grows.

All 6 seeds broke ground yesterday. Droplets of water kept covering the seedlings so we’re back to the humidifier. Turned on the mini fan to shake them a bit.

The heat mat I ordered for them didn’t get delivered today so I’m hoping it will be here tomorrow.

Cups are still a little heavy so I’m leaving them alone until they dry out a little more before I give them another feeding.

9 Likes

That get’s much applause from me!
200w groot
Are you gonna try to grow out all 6?

2 Likes

Thanks!

No just picking the best 4 :smiley:

3 Likes

Day 3 above ground

Heat mat got delivered today and set at 27c. The probe is inserted through one of the holes on the bottom of a solo cup.

Lights are still on 24hr

8 Likes