Journal 4: More Light

Nope, he uses the 20-10-20 at 1.3EC/650ppm every watering, look at the board under NPK.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser Why dont we go ahead and use that instead of the 321?

1 Like

Certainly could but probably would be best to use his medium mix as well since it’s all part of the “system” that works for him. Any weakness in the nutes, he makes up for in the medium. I’m not going back to peat mixes though, love the coco.

5 Likes

Hey @Nicky where did you get your Agsil 16H Silicate from? Im also in Canada so just curious

1 Like

Yeah; he starts with peat then adulterates it with vermiculite and gypsum which helps provide a bolus of C and Mg.

3 Likes

@ashhhh can’t get it in Canada have a “friend” wink wink from the USA send it up

And we haven’t seen bugbees results from his mix he has a course but it’s a university course price of course. I think some people on reddit are using it but I agree with @Hellraiser I’m not using peat it’s harvesting is taking lungs away from the planet and we need all the carbon sink we can get

4 Likes

@Hellraiser do you adjust pH after adding recharge?

I still have my plants in solo cups and just fed them with jacks. I just added 1/4 tsp of recharge to 4 cups of jacks mix which is a quarter gallon. Do I feed them till run off again or do they just get a little bit?

You should adjust ph before adding recharge or any microbes.

This

2 Likes

@Hellraiser pH was adjusted before adding recharge as I had to feed my plants. It was at 5.8. I checked to see where the pH was at after adding recharge and it went up around 6.6. Should I disregard it and go ahead and feed them?

Now I’m thinking I mixed too much. Would you give them half a cup each or less? You mentioned you give a cup each to your girls in flower right?

Yes

Don’t need much but half a cup or 4 oz or so would be good.

1 Like

@Hellraiser Thank you sir

1 Like

Fed plants
Expanded coco with jacks full strength
Transplanted to 1gallon nursery pots

25-26c 50-60%

6 Likes

Should I go ahead and start giving fishsh!t even though im giving them recharge once a week?
@Hellraiser

2 Likes

Sure thing, give them fishsh!t as well.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser and that’s a daily thing, unlike Recharge once a week, correct?

250ml will last me a while or not?

I do recharge once a week, fishsh!t recommends with every watering, which would be daily for coco growers. Can get expensive doing so, up to you how much you want to run thru. The directions say 3ml per gallon, multiply that by how many gallons you use in a day, then divide 250 by that number and you’ll see how many days that 250ml bottle will last you, say I use 2 gallons of water a day X 3ml equals 6ml used every day, divide 250ml by the 6ml and you get 41.66667 days that the bottle will last. Do it every other day and it’d last twice as long (83 days)

2 Likes

I can’t find the instructions but it’s 2-4 ml per gallon I belive for coco/hydro
I talked to the guy on the phone turns out the main guy is a personal friend of my grow store and he told me in autopots only run 2ml per gallon.

I think it for sure helps Durring veg the root growth is proof, I’m sure it helps in flower but I haven’t been running it this round because my plants I knew were not going to be the best and didn’t want to spend top dollar on this crop lol.
So like @Hellraiser keep in mind the cost.

I Geuss a test of clones could be done running it in flower vs not running it in flower… However my next run. I’m doing perlite vs no perlite it’s the autopot question I gotta answer lol

3 Likes

@Hellraiser @Nicky I think I’ll just skip it for this grow and stick to Recharge once a week and a friend of mine from the states will mail me some Agsil 16H Silicate.

Anything else you think I should add with jacks, recharge and Agsil 16H Silicate?

1 Like

Mkp for your Jack’s… If you want to get crazy an amino product and fulvic acid (not humic)

1 Like

@Nicky Im going to wait until im closer to flower to order the MKP for Jacks.

Any fulvic acid brands or types you recommend? Is it going to be worth it or meh?

1 Like