Journal 4: More Light

My next thing is going to be re-using coco rather than throwing it out and constantly buying more. The 2 week water only will work nicely with that as 2 weeks of RO water daily cleans out the coco pretty good - under 200ppm by harvest time. So yeah personal objectives and goals can drive whether you want to flush or not.

5 Likes

Ahh good view.
I have yet to re use any coco or perlite, at least this will let me know if their are any significant differences between using coco and perlite or just coco.
The root systems are so large in these pots it seems like it would be very difficult to break it all apart by hand, and messy.

I think there is an enzyme product out there that will consume all the roots though, if that really works then maybe just buying double the amount of pots I need so I can rotate pots while the enzyme eats away the roots in the ones I harvested while the next set grows. Come next harvest the one set would be ready for plants.

@Hellraiser

4 Likes

I am reusing my Coco for the 1st time now.
I just got that enzyme product recently and started adding it.
Why would we need to use new Coco every time? Inert media?

When it fully dries out and you can pull the stalk and only the main root stalk comes out.
Then there were lots of roots remaining when I broke up any clumps.
I just left them in so I felt compelled to get that enzyme stuff when I learned about it.
I also add biochar, Mykos, and Perlite when I reuse the Coco and mix it well.

5 Likes

I have to let mine dry out for about 3 weeks. After that. it breaks apart easy and is pretty easy to sift.
I can’t try the water only since all mine are running off the same rez. I guess I could run an extra set of lines to see if it drops the ppms when finished.

2 Likes

I had already been using an enzyme product for many years that does that - AN Sensizym but there many many others like Cannazym.

3 Likes

Day 6 of week 6 of flowering

Cookie Haze is swelling up nicely to the point that its overcrowding snd falling over the rest of the plants. Will have to tie them up tonight to manage light exposure to other bud sites

14 Likes

Nice big colas!

5 Likes

Thanks. First time for me :smiley: must be the second kit but its also much bigger than the other plants so genetics I guess. Cant wait to weigh it

4 Likes

Yeah genetics most likely, some strains grow big ol colas and some don’t but the additional light is certainly not hurting either.

4 Likes

Best I could do with tying them. Had to leave that one hanging on the left a little so it can get some light, otherwise its higher than where the lights are set :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Day 1 of week 7 of flowering

I lowered the light power a little since I’m approaching the end of flowering.

Jack Herer. The frostiest out of the three plants.

Monster Bruce Banner

Cookie Haze. Wish I was able to clone this one. The colas on it are insanely huge. Smells like mangoes too

10 Likes

Very nice, Ash! You’ve really stepped up your game, dude.

5 Likes

Thank you sir, it means a lot coming from you. Still A LOT more to learn!

4 Likes

That’s true of all of us.

9 Likes

Looking great ash, I agree you have really stepped up your game. I could tell you were going to because of how you act like a sponge and were very organized spreadsheets and all.

@Hellraiser thanks yes the AN product Senzime

@Flying-High I’ve always used new coco because even when I let the pots dry out completely the root call is the whole pot.
Maybe I’ll try the Senzime like @Hellraiser suggested. However my space is very limited so there have been a couple variables.

3 Likes

Thank you @Nicky I really appreciate it. Cant wait to step up my game even further!

2 Likes

Day 4 of week 7 of flowering

Heres a closer look at the colas

Cookie Haze

Jack Herer

Monster Bruce Banner

Thanks for stopping by!

8 Likes

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon

3 Likes

The JH is looking mighty close…

4 Likes

Right?! That’s what I thought too! Might have to cut through the net to ler her out first. Will check the trichs tonight and see if I should start doing water only for her at the end of week 7. What do you think @Myfriendis410

1 Like