Journal 4: More Light

I never get a residue unless using some thing like bud candy. Certain things don’t seem to mix perfect with Jacks. I would think one would do though. All you want is to keep the water from standing still. An extra to have laying around is not a bad thing though. I have had one wave maker go out. I have one that after a year old or what ever. Wants to run backwards when I plug it in now. I have to un plug it and re plug it in a few times to get it running the right way. Now. I leave it plugged in and running in an empty tuppar ware bowl when I clean the rez. So I don’t have to fight with it any more lol

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet Do you give bud candy with Jacks?

Yeah i usually keep a few around. One just got busted, so now im left with one. Definitely a good idea to go ahead and buy a few more cuz i only have 1 left which im using.

1 Like

He doesn’t use bud candy unless he’s top feeding anymore @ashhhh if I can remember correctly, but then again I swore Brian said that humic stuff caused issues and I Geuss I was wrong oops.

Bought a new couch and paid the dog hospital bill, really hoping Ashley delivers it on time (Dec 1st)

Check it out both the end and the middle recline

So no lights right now…

Ps in 3rd I’ll be off for the next 4 days or so… Mostly.

4 Likes

@Nicky Looks like a sweet couch man, congrats! Love the color and recliners. Hope the dog is feeling well. Both of you will be getting cozy on the new couch haha

Yeah I feel you, vet bills cost a lot on top of that nice couch.

Nice, you’ll get to enjoy some time off. Guess we’ll be seeing you around more often during that time.

2 Likes

I don’t get it till Dec 1st

Yeah it’s the first time I’m buying new I’ve always bought 400$ used stuff I get a smoking deal on sectionals.

But I couldn’t find what I wanted and mines 5 years used after I bought it used and I figured it was the only thing our house really needed so I pulled the trigger after looking at about 20 different online stores.

@ashhhh also do not run air stones, pumps or wave makers.
15-30min every 2hr is what autopots recommends I run mine for 30min then 1hr break

1 Like

Its definitely worth it man, nice addition to the house. you can always resell it at a decent price, as long as its maintained properly.

So 30 mins every 2 hours. Perfect. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah it works really good on those mechanical cheap timers. One tab down 4 tabs up, all the way around lol.

Yeah I have a microfiber sectional that is going to get a rug doctor cleaning and I’ll take anything for it on marketplace once I get the new one.

I’ll be getting rid of this one, it doesn’t recline but it longer, new ones wider though. Man that’s the only pic I have don’t even have those recliners anymore lol

3 Likes

@Nicky Yeah, I’ll be buying a few timers this weekend to go with my new lights and wavemaker. I received the pH down and flexi tank but not the autopot system. Unable to get intouch with them at all, emailed them, still no answer.

Hopefully it comes soon. I ordered my qb last night so it should be here after the long weekend.

my setup will get a nice upgrade. im pretty excited

Yeah that looks like a good one but the new one is definitely a nice upgrade. I personally prefer Grey too. Nice purchase

Also I need to dechlorinate my water, do you recommend I get another flexi tank to fill up for that purpose and use that water to refill my actual rez?

Whats your process like?

at what point do you refill your rez? when theres still some left do you drain it or just add on to it?

1 Like

I spent 100$ and got a inline water filter that hooks into my cold line on my sink. Super easy installed with 2 wrenches and a thing of Teflon tape.
I put a GAC-10 carbon filter in it.
First I did it so my girl woild stop drinking bottled water and now it’s for all the watering for the grow and animals as well.
My girlfriend likes our tap water the best, better then any tap water and I agree.

I replace the filter ever 6-8 months (you can start to taste the water change) filters like 40$ it’s such a good house upgrade.

So like this, but you most likey will have to just get different fittings because the ones in the pic won’t be the ones under your sink. Ours were pex lines.
Super easy someone at the old China Tower will help you out.

Here is the Gac-10 filter inside the housing you want.
Pentek_155109-43_GAC-10

Mine cost more because I had Cullagen build it for me since at the time (6 years ago) I didn’t own any tools

2 Likes

@Nicky Thanks Nicky!

1 Like

Anytime bud, just out for a rip

2 Likes

Those don’t drop your ppms of you water right? I thought I ready you need an actual RO system for that. I was looking to those too a long time back because I thought I could just use water straight from the tap here.

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet My tap water is actually good, I get a readong of 0 ppm on my bluelab pen

Its just chloride that I need to evaporate

3 Likes

You kill me. I am at 535. I am surprised it doesn’t come out like syrup :laughing: or in powdered form

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet hahaha thats jokes, im surprised too. I still have to buy an inline filter for my cold water line. With this hobby, something else always comes up haha

1 Like

It is awful water, but better than the 'Village or Santa Maria! I think VV is up around 750 and everyone uses a softener.

3 Likes

Jeez what kind of water do they provide over there lol

1 Like

The groundwater is just high in soluble minerals. Lots of iron and gypsum and sulfur that has to be removed by the muni water company and I’m guessing heavily treated. No chloramines though.

3 Likes

Are you still running only 1 HLG 260? If so, that is really holding back your yield potential, need the 2nd 260 to maximize yields in the 3x3. While some growers with the right strains can hit 2 grams per watt, it is a lofty goal, much easier to hit 1 gram per watt even with not so high yielding strains, specially on a consistent basis. You’ve seen my formula for getting a pound per harvest, lots of light - over 1000 ppfd in every square foot of the tent at plant canopy and no wasted space - wall to wall bud.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser Thank you so much for your advice. I have good news for you sir, my second HLG 260 is on the way, I ordered it a few nights ago. Im probably going to buy the UVA as well, just waiting for flowering which is in a few weeks. I’m confident that I’ll be able to achieve that, based on what ive seen in your journals. I’m excited!

I did want to get your opinion on this cookie haze plant. Its clawing but the color seems fine so I don’t think its a nitrogen toxicity issue. I switched off the fan that was hanging above it incase that was causing it. Im giving her the same food im giving the rest of the plants. Any insight?

4 Likes