Did another defoliation 2 days ago

Temp been around 25-26 during the day and 21 during night time

Humidity has been higher than id like been sitting around 55-60%

Purple kush

Caramel

Lemon Bubba

Sunset Sherbet
The smallest of them all

Will chop them in ten days so I can have enough time to dry and cure before I leave for vacation for a month

6 Likes

They look great. I feel like I am the only one here to have my branches turn to rubber at the very end of the grow lol :pensive:

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet Thank you sir

Is it happening to all plants or just specific ones?

2 Likes

Looking good man…
That lemon bubba has my name on it :blush: :dash::dash:

2 Likes

@Sincitytoker Thanks buddy!! She’s all yours :smiley:

1 Like

Most of the ones I don’t scrog or that grow tall. The ones in my 5’ tent as starting to fall over now too :angry: lol And I am using silica. I don’t see a lot of others having these issues.

Have you ever tried the branch “chiropractic” technique? I’ve seen videos, but I have no experience or personal evidence to substantiate it.

@Not2SureYet That’s odd. Havent had that happen often but i see it on a few branches sometimes but i guess its the weight of the bud just pulling them down. I will say this though, I did not use any Silica this grow, just straight jacks 3-2-1

Im sorry buddy, I’ll try to find some answers for you if I could and will share it. Im assuming you increased the silica?

1 Like

I have an unknown strain that can’t hold up the colas, I have to scrog them all the time yet I keep it an clone it alot as it’s good. An yes I dose it heavily with silica. Just the strains charicteristics

1 Like

I just run 1.25ml per gallon of the silica. Maybe I should try increasing some for flower since this is normal for tall plants. These here are close to done. So I am little late on them.

1 Like

On those I’ve been using 51/2 to 6 ml per gal.

1 Like

Yesterday marks the end of week 8 of flowering. Lights came back on today at 6pm, watered them around 10pm and switched off the lights at 10:40 to start the 48 hr dark period.

One last look at them before they get cut up.

Purple Kush
Might look like most colas are shorter than other but they’re actually just falling on each other. Big plant

Caramel

Lemon Bubba

Sunset Sherbet
The runt

7 Likes

Very nice

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Looking good
Nice color buds in the purple lush
Great job

1 Like

Thank you man. The purple kush def brought out her beautiful colors. Will be updating my journal with the yield after I dry and weigh them

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Might not go for the full 48 hrs of darkness, maybe just 36 hrs of darkness then chop.

When I chop them, was I supposed to chop them down in less than 2 minutes so that theyre not under light again?

Is there any harm if they’re subjected to light at all before chopping?

1 Like

I am going to say no for my self as I have had to do a few like that. I know others that always chop with the lights on. How ever. I still just turn my lights off at night and chop the morning after. I use a little green flash light. @Myfriendis410 can tell the difference with any strain he smokes. He helped me a lot to do things right here. :grin:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8BMWT4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet Thanks for the info Brian. I turned off the lights last night so in about 2.5 hrs it will be 24 hrs of darkness but I’ll leave them in the dark until tomorrow then chop.

So what does that period darkness before the chop do again?

1 Like

It has some thing to do with the trichomes. The main thing is for chopping during the light is to keep the chlorophyll down in the roots and from heading back to the buds. I think that is the right way to explain it.

1 Like