Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

@Cannabian you lost me in the first sentence hahaha im so esl when it comes to that stuff lol pardon me, im not familiar with the all the terms. Im going to look them up and read that again

I appreciate you a lot tho. thanks for all the info my friend.

What i did was take out the resistor and just put the wire in the wago connector then clamp it and it worked out well like DBRN32 advised.

I’ll call hgl tomorrow and check with them and make sure im good otherwise they will advice if they need to send me something

2 Likes

Not sure i understand the question? Put the resistor post and wire into the wago and close the clamp. You removed the resistor from the circuit right, i figured you could pretty easily put it back to the way it was abs then insert thd wire to the wago it was pulled out of and it would be good to go.

I would get you picture but mine i soldered to potentiometer. Hlg may have something,

3 Likes

Ash, as @dbrn32 said, in the factory, the resistor is soldered, most likely with a small soldering iron. Probably a machine? In the olden times we would find the location on the potentiometer, or wherever, heat up that area with a soldering iron a tad and melt a tiny patch of solder on there… then tin the wire forbthe resistor with a thin coat of solder, Im sure you can find a video online of ( how to solder ) ? Then fuse them resistor onto the part.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 That was my question, haha you answered it. So when I was just checking my plants I noticed the wire hanging. I wasnt playing around with anything then suddenly it came out. So you’re saying I can place the resistor post (wired side) inside the wago connector along with the wire and thats how it usually is?

I thought the wire and the resistor were connected somehow or wired together then inserted in the wago connector

Let me know know if I understood this correctly and I will try it when the lights come back on

2 Likes

@Cannabian Thank you so much for the explanation. Im understanding things more now, thanks to you and DBRN32. I watched some videos and what not. Im getting the hang of it haha excuse my ignorance

2 Likes

You can put both wire and resistor under wago clamp, but im not sure how it came. The resistor needs to be in series with potentiometer to do it’s job properly.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 gotcha, I’ll call HLG and inquire with them to double check how it came.

Thanks a lot for all your help my friend.

2 Likes

Update

So between the 14th and the 22nd of November I wanted to challenge myself and see if I can take care of my plants for 10 days without worrying too much about being technical and just play it by ear and thats why you wont see any data for that period. I did keep an eye on the ppm and pH for input and runoff of course to determine the next step. Everything seemed like it went well haha

I feed/water my plants on a shoe rack with saucers underneath them in a bathtub. I use the saucers to catch enough runoff for me to tilt them and measure the runoff TDS and pH hence why I stopped recording the number of cups for runoff.

On the 22nd, I just lost count of the number of cups I was watering and decided to keep watering until I have enough runoff to measure pH and TDS. Thats why I didnt record anything for it

I left that column for new growers to reference incase they want to learn about what to do when it comes out a certain amount.

I’ll be using calmag on water only days now. I’ll give them a break from defoliating to allow them to get more bushy then resume defoliating to allow max light and airflow to bud sites

Here are some data and pictures as of yesterday

WC
WC
CN
CN
Munson
Munson
GS
GS

@Myfriendis410 @Not2SureYet What do you guys think so far? Anything that I should change?
Based on the runoff Im going to feed again today except for the WC as input was 1040 and runoff TDS was 1120.

Is it that critical to record number of cups for runoff? I just water/feed until theres enough runoff to measure my pH and ppm.

6 Likes

@dbrn32 I ended up emailing them and they responded back saying that I will need a new dimmer and they will send one out for me. I was very pleased with their customer service. So I guess that resolves it haha

3 Likes

I’m not sure why you would need a new dimmer, but at least they are taking care of you. You have running at full power in the meantime right?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 That is correct almost 250w. the power meter sayd 249.8 haha but yeah atleast they are taking care of me you’re right. Doesnt hurt to replace it I guess

2 Likes

Not really. I always mix enough to get a generous runoff then collect the last of it for data. I don’t usually record volumes when I do.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Thank you sir

I’m jealous of your strains. Must be nice living in Canada.

2 Likes

@NewYep haha Hopefully I can keep mother clones for a long time. These strains are actually not from Canada. Aficionado Mendocino is the name of the genetics. Look them up and you might get lucky

2 Likes

I just transplanted matanuska seedlings from Nirvana

2 Likes

I saw their cherry noir for $550 everything else was sold out

Yeah they’re a little pricey and high in demand but the genetics are crazy good. I smoked the Cherry Noir and it was very nice.

2 Likes

@NewYep Just noticed they have 13th ghost for $220

2 Likes

I only keep track of my run off so I can use as little as possible. Top watering I go through a lot of water. I am looking forward to see how the Manatuska stacks up against @RAP s cross breed. :grin:

1 Like