Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

@Jackie_Daytona Fingers Crossed :crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

Big and heavyā€¦Big and heavy! Sing it with me everyone!

6 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I havent used calmag on water only days. Do you suggest I use it based on the pics?

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet Forgot to tag you in my last question

1 Like

Awesome as always brother @ashhhh :wink::muscle:

2 Likes

I was looking for your thread. I thought I was going to have to search you out. I miss a half a day any I am hundreds of post behind. I always use cal mag. For water only days. I use just the cal mag. On feed days. I use every thing. Depending on what nutes I am using. I use the cal mag on water days with Jacks. This next auto grow will be back with GH :grin: So far 3 seeds dropped. More to come later in the week.
These are looking good. I see I missed a lot

3 Likes

@Dagao22 Thank you my friend. Appreciate it

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet Haha glad I tagged you then. So far Iā€™ve been using Armor Si Silica with Jacks when feeding and water only on water days. Do you suggest I use GH Calmag alone on water days only or what would you do based on the photos?

Thanks for your feedback. Im loving those plants so far

3 Likes

I use the silica on feed days and the cal mag on just water days. I use the Epsom salt for the feed days. I may not need the cal mag when watering. I am just following what has worked for me. That is how I did it for this last grow. The manatuska was Jacks feed and cal mag on the water daysā€™ I am not sure if @RAP is over here a lot. But I just got more of the Manatuska seeds from him. He is selling some beans to help off set a new grow room he is doing. I bought a pack after seeing the monster single cola I got. I want to do a full sized plant to see how it would be.
And thanks for the tag. I will try not to get lost again :wink:

7 Likes

@Not2SureYet Sounds good to me. Thanks a lot for all your help my friend

3 Likes

Hey @dbrn32 I noticed one of the cables for the dimmer fell out of those squared looking things that you attach them to and secure it by pushing down an orange stick ontop, Iā€™m sorry idk the term for maybe wago? Haha

The lights still come back on but I cant dim it down anymore. Should I call hlg or can I attach it back again. There was a small thing inside the box. I donā€™t remember putting it together the dimmer came attached to it automatically.

I can hear a very low buzz from the driver

Here are some pics

6 Likes

That is indeed a wago connector, and the item in your hand is a resistor.

You should be able to get by without resistor as long as you donā€™t crank to zero. Even if you do, probably wonā€™t do anything but i wouldnā€™t leave it running there. Just flip up the lever and put wire back in then clamp lever back down.

7 Likes

I tried doing that, I took out the resistor and just put the wire and clamped the lever back down but the lights wouldnt come on @dbrn32, its working with the resistor clamped inside tho. Should I try again or not?

2 Likes

The resistor looks broken, or is that just the picture?

Doesnā€™t make sense that light wonā€™t work without resistor though. The light will run at 100% with nothing attached to dimmimg leads. With potentiometer wired in the driver will run 10% per 10k ohms. The resistor is just there to keep you from showing driver 0 ohms resistance. In other words, when you turn pot all the way down the resistor would keep light running at something like 10%.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Thats just the picture, I unclamped the wago connector and it was inside. Im wondering if theres a way i attach the wire whilethe resistor is inside?

EDIT: I just put in the wire without the resistor and its now working. is there a way to connect both at the same time. does the wire connect to the resistor or what exactly?

Is this an issue that I need to call HLG about?

2 Likes

If the resistor isnā€™t broken just put it back in the way it came.

3 Likes

Can you tin it and solder it in?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I dont even know how it came lol it was already connected. I dont remember setting up a resistor

Do you know of a way that you can insert both at the same time?

1 Like

@Cannabian Do you mean like place both in at the same time or do you mean twist the cable around the wired piece of the resistor and jam it in?

1 Like

No tinning is pre soldering each wire then soldering them to either the board or another wire. Its just getting some solder already on the wire to make sure you get a good bond.
Like if I have 2 wires and I wish to join them with solder, I prep both wireā€¦ strip etc. and then heat up my soldering iron and melt some solder on them both, then I hold them together and put a tiny bitbof solder on the iron and fuse them together. It makes the joint super pro with no blob of over solder and it improves the contact. You can also do wires to switches and such using heat shrink to insulate themā€¦ place enough heat shrink over the wire firstā€¦ do the weld, pull the heat shrink over and use the heat of the iron to shrink it on thereā€¦ for bigger jobs use a soldering gun and thicker solder. Same thing applies. For the most part, you wint use heat shrink soldering to a board, but I have in wierd occasions. Also heat shrink is rarely need for things like resistors and diodes etc. Its just a good skill to have.

2 Likes