Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

I think 30-50 wall draw watts per sq ft is the flowering range without CO2.

2 Likes

allright cool, thanks

Yep. I think it was the low 30s with QBs and more towards 50 with the purples? @dbrn32

2 Likes

Whats the hps?

I like about 50-55 watts per sq ft with HLG, running about 500 watts in each of my 3x3 tents for flowering. I use less than half that in veg. But I am light overkill man.

6 Likes

at what height do run them?

In one tent with the tall blue dreams - light is about 18-20" above tallest colas - can’t move light any higher LOL, in other tent with shorter plants - light is at 24" above. Both running HLG UVA 30 as well.

2 Likes

You can use photon efficacy data posted on horticulture lighting group site to calculate light output at common drive currents. Then calculate ppfd average for your space using light/area, then plug into dli calculator on their website as well.

4 Likes

alright thanks

2 Likes

I really gotta learn more about lighting before I chose to do a bigger grow cuz all I got out of that was bla bla bla lmao :rofl:

4 Likes

At least you know you need to learn more lol.
Learn about DLI and go from there.

@Hellraiser I’m about the same I run 480w of 3500k with uv/IR in my 3x3.
Have a 320xl hlg in my 4x2 but I want to get rid of that setup and get a 4x4/4x5 and run strips in it

3 Likes

Chopped part of a plant to shut the greenhouse tonight after work. Got a bitbof bud rot showing up here and there. Nothing major. Got 2 x 8 square foot window screens loaded with buds. Stinks really dankly! It seems a bit earlier than I was hoping? But less than half the plant. Just so I can close up the greenhouse right? Zhould be an easy half pound anyway just off that stuff!

3 Likes

I fear it’s just a matter of time before I add more QBs to my 3x3’s. I’m thinking about adding 2 more QB288 rspecs for flowering - 6 QBs running at 100 watts each, like the new HLG scorpion rspec setup. They will fit and would help light up the corners and sides more and could be closer to the canopy with the reduced watts and heat per QB. I don’t see a downside to it. even blasting the HLG 550 at full power for a couple flowering sessions now, I’ve had no bud bleaching or excessive foxtailing, or problems controlling the heat so I think I can push some more watts without issue, specially when it’s less intensity per QB, just getting better coverage and spread.

5 Likes

Just do it ! Get the fixture and satisfy that urge!

3 Likes

Sounds good, another half pound is always good to have around.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a done deal already LOL, will get that going for the next flowering sessions.

4 Likes

You just gotta do it! If I was an indoor guy… in a heartbeat !

2 Likes

Oh …

Should be an easy half a pound dry! Probably more? And thats just the part of 1 plant that was blocking the greenhouse cover :laughing:

7 Likes

Nice!

I usually look forward to my outdoor crop (just 1 or 2 plants usually) about this time of year but she died in the summer, looked great one day and dead by the next day LOL, first time thats ever happened. But I’ve had great indoor harvests all year so can’t complain.

6 Likes

Do you plant your dope in the ground or in pots?

3 Likes