Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

You are just in promix right? It shouldn’t be that hig for how you are feeding :thinking:

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet the clones came in an organic mix (promix HP, crab meal, alfalfa, worm castings, etc), thats why. When I transplant to 4 gallons it will be straight promix

2 Likes

how do the plants look? I guess that would be the next question. Since the numbers are not that high because of the promix it would be important to make sure all other factors are in line so they are uptaking nutrients? I am sure the pros will get you sorted.

3 Likes

I would go by what these guys say. If you are now feeding Jacks. You probably can get away with just feeding it till your numbers finally balance out. jacks is pretty mild compared to other nutes out there.

3 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona Its because theres organic stuff in the medium, thats why the run off is high, you treat it like a hot soil.

@Not2SureYet I’m not feeding Jacks anymore, it was only once and the run off was high so I didnt feed again after that.

Alan advised to keep watering until runoff TDS drops. Been trying to get intouch with him to know how low should the runoff TS be to start feeding jacks. I havent been feeding because im waiting for the runoff TDS ppm to drop, but i dont know how low do I want want it to be to start introducing jacks without hurting them or stressing them.

Here’s tonights data:

Cherry Noir
CNs

White Caviar
WC2

Munson
Munson2

Granny Skunk
GS

@Myfriendis410 What do you think sir? Im just watering based on your advice until the runoff TDS goes down. How low should it be so I can start introducing Jack’s at full strength again?
The numbers are in the pictures I posted above.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

I agree 25% min and more like 40% runoff for perfection. Don’t water till pots are fairly dry and light in weight ur in promix not coco;)

2 Likes

Looks like the solids have come down enough to resume feeding.

4 Likes

@Hoppiefrog sounds good my friend

@Myfriendis410 Thank you sir. I will go ahead and resume feeding tomorrow. Just for future reference. Do we want the runoff TDS to be below 1000 ppm in a sItuation like this to start feeding dry nutrients?

2 Likes

In soilless supplementing everything; yes. Despite being started in soil which when depleted just treat as Promix.

6 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Appreciate your help boss! Hope you’re enjoying your new place and settling in nicely.

1 Like

Update

@Myfriendis410 @Not2SureYet I resumed feeding tonight. What do you guys think of the pictures and how they look based on the data?

-The White Caviar looks droopy. She was a little dry.
-The Cherry Noir looks alright
-The Munson is growing at a very slow rate
-The Granny Skunk is showing some deficiency and leaves curling downwards. Could this be cal/mag def?
-Runoff TDS & pH are lower than input. What should be done based on that?

White Caviar
WC2

Cherry Noir
CNs

Munson
Munson2

Granny Skunk
GS

6 Likes

I am with @Myfriendis410 If this was mine. I would be feeding her till she pulled out of this funk. Jacks is super forgiving if you will be using it again. My run off ppms seem to stay around 1000 - 1100. I forget how I got it up around 1500. But after about a week. Things balanced out for me.

6 Likes

@Not2SureYet Thanks sir!

3 Likes

Your numbers look good, your right at the point you should keep feeding.
You definitely were to high before

4 Likes

@Nicky Thanks. I will keep feeding at this point. probably every other day

2 Likes

As you probably already know Ash, your damaged leaves will not show any improvement, BUT! They wont get any worse! You should notice an improvement in overall health and vigor, especially in the new growth.
I purposely do what you have there to stunt or slow growth over winter, those monster plants I have in the greenhouse looked terrible before I planted them outside. The clones are starving and dry as a bone right now. I can change all of that by a good feeding and remove all the crappy dying shit, basically take the plant out of starvation and rejuvenate it.

See these look like garbage now, I will feed them in a few days and clean them up. Once they show improvement, I will carve a bunch off them to slow progression again. These plants can really take a beating. This is also a good way to test a plant for hermaphroditic tendency. Beat the shit out of them and if they dont throw balls out, the genes are strong!

8 Likes

@Cannabian Thanks for the info and advice sir, much appreciated!

4 Likes

Yep anytime! Oh I forgot to add that you dont want plants to look like this if you are in production, like actively vegging towards flower, this is stasis mode only.

4 Likes

Gotcha! thank you! @Cannabian

3 Likes

Hey do you know how many watts per sq foot we are shooting for with the quantum boards? HLG told me to run mine at 80% thats like 220 watts. which would be 44 waats per sq foot. Its currently at 182 which is 36.4 watts per sq ft.