Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

I definitely need less anxiety in my life, where would a fellow Heritage lover acquire some seeds @Cannabian? Did you purchase them, or were they gifted?

Chugging along nicely ash :v:

3 Likes

@Enlightened420 Thank you sir. Apparently, according to Neil Young, if you chew on some peppercorn like 3 or 4 pieces it will help with marijuana-induced paranoia.

"Whenever you consume cannabis flower, a complex reaction between various cannabinoids—including commonly known cannabinoids like THC and CBD—mix with various other plant properties to induce what’s known as the entourage effect. In its simplest explanation, the entourage effect occurs when these various plant properties collaborate to strengthen one another, and therefore become more effective. Terpenes “may contribute meaningfully to the entourage effects of cannabis-based medicinal extracts.”

Basically, terpenes can affect the physiological sensations you experience from marijuana. Eating a mango, for example, 45 minutes or an hour before a smoking session will guarantee the THC high stays with you longer. That’s because mangoes contain myrcene, a terpene also found in cannabis that expands the maximum saturation levels in your endocannabinoid receptors.

these different terpenes can produce different adjunctive effects. “Anecdotal evidence suggests that the terpene alpha-pinene is alerting, limonene is “sunshine-y,” and beta-myrcene is sedating,”

Guess where alpha-pinene is predominant? That’d be black peppercorn!!!"

6 Likes

Thanks for the info ash :+1:
Knowledge is sustenance my friend

3 Likes

yea i took my humidifier back to the store after messing with it and the seedlings for a couple days.

1 Like

This way definitely seems better and cost effective

1 Like

The Real Seed Company has many varieties of old school hash seed. Selected from traditional farmers. I am growing Balkhi right now and I have 3 distinct phenos. One of them is outstanding! Tight buds, heavy branching, high yielder. Probably 2 pounds a plant maybe more. These plants typically have 15 percent thc and high levels of cbd and thcv! There are several varieties like this.

The roof in this image is 12 feet high but Ive been vegging a long time, these plants show sex at about 6 weeks and are good to grow indoors if you so desired.

4 Likes

To help with a bad thc high you can consume some thc cannabis.
Spicey food like the peppercorn.
Also citrus, have some not from concentrate orange/apple juice.

2 Likes

Like Im not pumping the Real Seed Company, I looked long and hard to find a good source of reliable seed that is non modern hybrid. Angus has that seed available. The prices he charges are quite reasonable, and so far, the plants Ive grown are exactly as described within obvious reason. The seed germination rate is 90 percent or better thus far. In fact I havent had a failure yet. A few males, and I would have used one but it was sativa and I was afraid it would blow its load on my Afghans. He has a great selection, and he will personally respond to your emails, I really like that.

3 Likes

@Cannabian How long do you veg those monsters for?
Do you have pictures of your plants in flowering? The colas must be huge

1 Like

The colas are forming as they are only in week 3. Its dark here now or Id photo them for you. But to answer your question, I sprouted them Jan 01.

They grew under lights until May 20

I specifically had to try to keep them small lol :laughing:

I planted them in the greenhouse in farm dirt.

6 Likes

They got bigger
And bigger

10 Likes

And bigger!
I looked at em today and they are starting to get frost on em! So thats nice. Crappy thing… the western hemlock looper moth is infesting the area and Im worried about caterpillars m, so Im going to hit them with BT tomorrow.

18 Likes

Man that looks awesome @Cannabian Thanks for the timeline and pictures. I need to get my ass down to BC haha

3 Likes

Door is always open!
Free pot for everyone!

7 Likes

Nice looking plants

2 Likes

Thanks @Deepsix

Happy cannaversary @Deepsix

1 Like

Thank you @Bulldognuts

1 Like

ok so heres the deal, when you grow from seed its a good idea to take clones incase you get a bullseye :dart: plant. You can always destroy the rest.

As you can see here the Numba 3s are on the left, numba 2 s on the right. Numba 1, although looks fantastic and has huge colas is not a contender.

2 Likes

Appreciate it. Likewise, Mi casa su casa. Im here in Nova Scotia

1 Like