JILS 2022 outdoor play

@JIL Looks like the Monkey Slaps is doing well, I will find out if I have them or Runtz seeds hopefully tomorrow. How has she been for outdoors?

3 Likes

Pine tar is pretty good… its considered a heritage breed

2 Likes

They may be calling it an auto, when it is actually bred with a day neutral plant rather than ruderal genetics?

1 Like

True clays are made from dead organic matter and are considered highly fertile, the problem with clay is ot isnt very pourous, water has a difficult time penetrating it. Air does not have much space to exist in it. The best thing to do is either add 50 percent well composted manure or hot organic compst with course sand added to both. Dig up a huge hole… make it deep if clay wont drain! You dont want roots sitting in a pool of stagnant water. Take what you remove and place on a tarp. Place an equal amount of sand and manure or green compost next to the clay. Grab a cement mixer or wheel barrow and mix equal proportions of each together really well. You will end up with a cheap but very nice super soil for cannabis. The manures that are preferred are any animals that poop pellets, alpaca, lama, rabbit etc. Even domestic deer. Sheep is good too. Because of the organic material be very careful to not overwater because organic matter holds water very well. Even in the heat of the year, 90f plus I only water 3 times a week.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Shes been a real treat to grow so far. Its an easy to grow plant with lots of vigor. Its been topped at least twice and is pushing 7 ft already. If the buzz is as nice as she is to grow its gonna be a real treat to smoke. Just give her space to grow and youll see it yourself. @Cannabian you are right about the clay soil. I have tried making my clay soil better and it takes huge amounts of compost and sand to make better… do you have a link about the autos you were talking about?

2 Likes

There are numerous strains that are ( day neutral ) or short day plants. In other words, autos that occur in nature but are not hybrids that contain ruderalis. Ruderalis cant be cloned, or revegged to any reasonable degree. When its done… its done. Whereas a short day or what cannabis terminology, botanists would disagree, we call day neutral, can be cloned and revegged.
If you check out RSC there are a couple day neutral plants, the Im growing is Lebanese. It grows easy, is fast to flower, can get more bud than standard autos. I believe the super autos are being bred from plants such as these. Anyway, check them out. There is alsona super auto called Muey thai or something like that… it supposed to be able to put in some mass. I cant post links to these things on this site sorry.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info bud! Ill look into that.

1 Like

Monkey slapz getting its stretch on. Im sure this plant is gonna be a multiple pound yielder…

8 Likes

Wow that girl is a beast! Looking Good :blush::v:

1 Like

She’s a Beauty Queen, How did you get her so Bushy? All my plant’s seem to be Tall and Lanky, I guess it’s because Bruce Banner and Gorilla Glue are supposed to be tall, Sativa Dominant, my Girl Scout Cookies are not as tall and more bushier

2 Likes

Thanks! Thanks @Nip! I topped her when she was real young then a couple more times by the time she reached 3 feet i stopped topping her. If i remember correctly i topped a total of 3 times. Shes about 8 feet tall. I bet she would be 12 feet if i diddnt top…

4 Likes

You’re Welcome, I’m back in cannabis school, I been reading Roberts Manual about pruning and supercroping, i been extracting some fan leaves to expose some Bud sites, but I should have really done it a few weeks ago, im in full Flower right now, sure don’t want to damage my plant’s, here is a picture of my Bruce Banner got some nice Buds starting

3 Likes

Thats a fine looking plant! I hear great things about that strain. Supposed to be super potent. I hear ya on going back to school man. This is a great hobby. Always something to learn.
Thing is when you top a plant multiple time you gotta tie the thing up or in my experience they will eventually break down. Now plants that have not been topped do fine with just a fence post holding it up…

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment on my plant’s, I have worked my butt off hauling water nutrients and spraying for bug’s, went through a dry spell and heat index as high as 108 ° alot of work involved but nothing better than fresh Buds, Always something to learn i don’t think it ever stops, but I love it

2 Likes

No problem brother. Healthy plants do take alot of work. I hear you on the water hauling. Its hard ass work especially when you have to make multiple trips during hot weather. I remember carrying 2 buckets in each hand with a couple buddies. For years and years we did that. When my state went legal a couple years ago i started using a water line. Cant beat a water line lol.

3 Likes

I’m for legalizing all states, Until then I’ll just Gurellia Grow, I’m definitely not buying anything off the streets or paying a outrageous price , not eating any legal canna gummies or CDC hemp crapp , guess im a old school pothead :partying_face:

3 Likes

I have a question, hopefully you can help me out, I been doing some pruning on my plant’s, getting rid of some fan leaves, I want to get some sun on the Buds and air flow, I been reading Roberts manual on pruning, supercroping, etc , how many leaves should I extract , do you think it’s to late , and should just leave them, I sure don’t want to mess with the Buds, it says it should be done before flowering but im late doing it

2 Likes

I dont think removing some fan leaves is gonna hurt anything. I always went by 2 weeks into flower then back off the pruning. Its not to late to do some supercropping imo. What i do is i wait for my buds to start to form then ill clear or strip everything on all limbs except for the last 12 to 15 inches on the limb or where you can see where the main buds are forming. I recommend striping all larf and put that energy into the tops. Otherwise you will have a bunch of little buds below the main shoots. I do believe stripping the larf or little buds will put energy into your shoots. No i dont think its to late at all… im still waiting for my buds to form some so i can see where to stop stripping so i get one main dominant cola. Hope this helps. Please keep us updated!

2 Likes

Hey , Thanks it Helps, I’m with you on all those tiny little sucker Buds not very useful! I have cleared the bottom of the stalks early, but I’ll start on the branches, I’ll keep you updated 312👍

2 Likes

Sounds great! Please do!

1 Like