JILS 2022 outdoor play

You got it going on! Those plants are Nice and Healthy looking

1 Like

Look’s pretty good just growing there, you probably have some rich natural soil, people make a common mistake of over fertilizing , myself included :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank @BudzMS and @Nip! Yeah its pretty fertile soil. Its got alot of clay in it. Im curious in seeing how that little plant turns out.

1 Like

I know one thing clay’s like cement, my Aunt told me to come get a plum tree if I wanted it , It stayed there, I almost broke the shovel :rofl: but plant’s actually seem to grow well in it

2 Likes

I hope the plants like the clay. We have a lot of clay on our place and the grass doesn’t grow well in it. They look like they are thriving :blush::v:

2 Likes

I grow outside, what I do is dig out a hole throw a little granular insecticide in the bottom, fill with a quality potting soil , I start seedlings in a gallon pot until they have a good root system, then plant, I have had good luck using this method ,everything i grow has to be camouflaged unfortunately, my state is not 420 friendly

2 Likes

There are mounds that dont have as much clay in them, and thats where the volunteer plant came up. It still has enough clay in the soil where if you plant seeds you have to break up the surface soil so the seeds can sprout. So cannabis is a stronger plant then i originally expected. I dont think im gonna fertilize it. It would be nice to see what mother nature does wild… my autos are planted on that mound too. I did what Nip mentioned. Dug a hole and put potting mix in it then planted the seedling with a cage around it to keep the rabbits out. My soil is by no means as good as the topsoil just north of me. The soil north of me is jet black dry not wet. Thats what i got in my holes for my photo plants and they love it… after the autos are done ill move on to the photos. Thanks for taking an interest everyone and explaining how you do. It really helps alot of readers. @Nip interesting about putting granular insecticide at the bottom of the hole. Would you mind explaining that please?

1 Like

Sure, when I first started growing a few years back, I had some Healthy plants hidden in the woods, I had no idea what was going to happen, they broke at the base of the stalk all 6 i had , Cutworms after doing some research there are a lot of underground pests, so I started using Seven Granulated insecticide i haven’t had anymore problems

2 Likes

Thanks Nip! Seven has alot of organic products.

2 Likes

I was kinda scared using it at first, but it doesn’t seem to hurt plant’s, I’m always glad to listen and share, this is interesting very good information, there is a lots of Pro Growers on this Forum

1 Like

I agree. Theres so much that can be talked about. I just finished an organic sour d only using aloe gel and coconut water during flower and its bomb ass smoke. Gave me the spins the other day lol…

1 Like

I Smoked some Gelato Yesterday I was Fried, first time tasting it , a friend stopped by and smoked a joint with me! I’m wanting to grow some Gelato

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it! Feminized is cool with me i have a long grow season , i may not be able to grow them right now, but always next year, I’m not set up for inside growing yet, I been thinking about a small grow room and trying it during the winter

2 Likes

Just a few pics of the autos.

The mimosa cake smells like maple syrup.

A couple pics of the photos.

All photoperiod plants have been topped at least twice. Im done topping. Time to let em do there thing…

5 Likes

Filling out nicely :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks man! I need something because i only have a quarter z left. The mimosa cake auto is really maturing fast which is good because ill be puffing on that asap lol

2 Likes

looks so good.

2 Likes

Thanks brother! All i have to do is net them and water, and keep people out. I have a camera on them but dont know how much that would even help. This is the 3rd year planting here. Faith first, and fingers :crossed_fingers: they make it…

3 Likes

I had to chop the mimos cake auto do to bud rot. It was ready anyway. So now its the afghan Hawaiian and the wedding cake autos thats left. The Afghan Hawaiian is the tall Christmas tree shape plant with the wedding cake just to the right of it.
The photoperiod plants are starting to stretch. Cant believe its that time of the year already…

7 Likes

Just got done netting a couple plants. They are really starting to stretch! Monkey slapz is one the left and a wedding cake on the right.

5 Likes