JILS 2022 outdoor play

I am between grows and having growing withdrawals. So getting to watch yours and others grows helps. Thank You for the pic and all updates are welcome :hugs::v:

2 Likes

Outdoor grower here too. I have never heard off the pine tar kush. I will be watching to see how it does. Durban is good old reliable outdoor so awesome choice. I just started my outdoor stuff last week too. It’s an exciting time of year.

2 Likes

Az outdoor over here. I like the grow plan what part of the globe are you growing in? I got like 2 more months before planting.

2 Likes

I usually top around the eighth node, and keep the top four for branching, and when the plant starts to flower i will strip all larf, and small buds until I have 8 to 12 inches of solid cola. This really helps when growing sativas that produce fluffy buds. 38 degrees north. I can pretty much put anything out by may 1st, but thats if you want huge plants. I grow just for myself so i have been putting plants out later. I use to put plants out as early as possible, but then you wind up with trees.
Now if your growing a landrace sativa things are wayyy different…

2 Likes

count me on this to watch. im excited for this outside grow.

1 Like

The pine tar kush next to the 5 gallon bucket is really taking off. The plant in the back of the greenhouse is a monkey slapz and the one in front is a wedding cake. I got some autos ill be posting soon. I have mimosa cake, afghan Hawaiian, and wedding glue for the autos.
The two plants in the greenhouse is 100 percent organic. I dug a couple of holes and filled them with some nice black creal soil from a buddy up north. I mixed in a box of down to earths bio live, azomite, and green sand in with it. Today is the second day that i have watered with compost tea. Its black cow composted manure, bat guano, ms, a little dte, and sugar. Ill be applying these teas every day until i reach a specific color that im looking for in the plants.
I said earlier i wasn’t gonna grow trees this year, but what the heck, I think we all enjoy seeing a big plant…
On top of the creal soil i also have a bag of neutral potting mix that i recycled from this past winter. Its 80 percent peat and the rest is compost and worm castings. Then on top of that is a bag of black cow. So its the creal black topsoil then potting mix, and then manure compost for the 3rd layer.
The ptk is already starting to stink. It was a clone gifted to me by a friend. Im particularly fond of the ptk so far. The grower said it smells and tastes like pinesole, and that pine taste is what i have been after for 20 years so we will see… I got the ptk early February and kept it on a 19/5 light schedule and there is absolutely no reveg. I did have to trim it a few times, otherwise it would have overgrown my tent.
I will also be making some seeds with these crosses with a couple different kinds of pollen. Ill explain all of that when we get there… Thanks for stopping by! I love to talk shop so…

10 Likes

I am set to watch!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty excited for these

2 Likes

Trees :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree: :palm_tree: lol got to love the challenge, I’m set to :eyes:. :popcorn: :popcorn: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Those are some sweet Morels love them… :v: :sunglasses:
I am going to be lurking here… set to watch

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
Just a little update. Everything has taken root! I just have some more straw to lay and ill be pretty much set. I have been using compost teas every day now for about a week. Ill back off in a few days and apply once a week afterwards.
The trick to growing a big auto outside is getting them in the ground while they are seedlings. Im pretty excited to see how these autos from fast buds turn out… the ptk is really starting to stink. I cant imagine what its going to do once it flowers. Im also trying to grow a big pumpkin. The pumpkins are dills atlantic giant. They are known for growing record breaking pumpkins, so im pretty excited to see if i can something big. I dont need a record breaker. I just want something that the kids can show off…
Thats about it. O yeah the greenhouse is getting HOT! 110 Degrees yesterday. The monkey slapz dont mind the heat but i think the wedding cake prefers something a bit cooler.

Uploading: 20220514_133150.jpg…
Processing: 20220514_133032.jpg…
Uploading: 20220514_133004.jpg…

1 Like

4 Likes

Just a close up of the monkey slapz. It loves the heat and organic ferts. I topped it because its growing so fast… I hear people getting up to 35% thc on this strain. Sounds like hype to me but i do love the color of this plant, and cant wait to see what she does during flower.

4 Likes

Damn that would knock me cold… No couch lock just spat… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Lol. Thanks for the laugh. Thats exactly what im hoping for. Something to lay a guy out!

1 Like

Plants are looking great!

3 Likes

I dont have many plants, but am happy with what i got. For some reason i have this feeling that the monkey slapz is something special…

3 Likes

I’m a fan I am gonna watch this grow . I love grows of any kind of plants

3 Likes

Thanks bud! Ill be showing bits and pieces of the rest of my garden too. The pumpkin plants are dills atlantic giants. They are bred to grow record breaking pumpkins. I just gotta try and grow a big pumpkin for the kids to show off. First step to growing a big pumpkin is starting them indoors and planting them on big mounds. They just took root and producing flowers which i have been cutting off because the directions i read said you only want one pumpkin per vine and to grow one pumpkin after the vine reaches 10 feet… once my vine hits 10 feet and i get a keeper pumpkin ill come back with more info.
To the left in the cages are for celebrity tomato plants. They are determinate plants meaning they only produce once, but darn good tasting tomatoes. I have 50 more to plant.
The autos from fast buds took as well. Ill get a pic of them in the morning. I like growing inside dont get me wrong, but love growing outdoors under the sun. This greenhouse is new to me too. I cant wait to see the difference between greenhouse and the plants grown in the open.
Its hard to find research on greenhouse vs outdoor. The only thing i heard was that greenhouse grown is supposed to look like indoor weed. I dont know. I guess we will find out.
Surely somebody on here knows the difference.

3 Likes

Here some summer squash and my lady standing next to Dr Grinspoon we grow in our own blend of soil

5 Likes