Jewels new QB autoflowers

With all that fruit, I hope you know how to make wine, or shine :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: sounds perfect :green_heart:
I love a good tequila now and then. I’ve experienced to much and will never do that again :joy::v:

Same here. It is the devil! :joy::joy:

And i have loads of neices n nephews n love fruit. Not to say im again learning a few new skills… and i bet im talking to the perfect mentor :wink:

1 Like

Oh no, not the the perfect mentor. Just used to have a few red apple, green apple , pear, peach and mulberry trees. One hell of an old Concord grape vine or 10 :joy:. Loved that old farm house on the river. River water was the nutes back then and don’t ask me the pH :joy: I’m starting over now with 2 apple, wild berries and a tent :raised_hands:

1 Like

Ive come to a realization one day smoking pot. I was high af so bare with me.

Ok so grass grows. Plants grow. Trees grow. River water. Rain water. No pH’n needed. But obviously they need 6-7 for us to grow them right? Soooo why? Why is 6-7 so important? I dont think it is. I think the earthy water and precipitation and whatnot have always been around 6-7 so the plants that survived and evolved n survived are the ones who used 6-7. Does that make sense? Like u dont have to pH outside because nature bred the plants to take water how she gives it

3 Likes

I’m sure the stronger ones did evolve to accept a wider pH range. I know some of my bushes and flowers do better in acidic dirt. I just add azalea fertilizer. So do blueberries they love acidic dirt. They will grow but not thrive and bloom as well. Some I don’t think care as much and can absorb in a huge variety of pH’s. Some are still picky, like pot. definitely part of why some plants won’t grow in certain areas and others will. Acidic dirt varies by regions too. I have been meaning to see what the pH is of my dirt. I used to try that distilled vinegar baking soda test. Didn’t get anywhere with that I need to check now that I have a meter :joy: learning to grow pot has made me a much better gardener :+1::grin::v::green_heart:

I gathered all my buckets and was going to get busy with building my bubble buckets and got a little side tracked.

First I gathered some supplies

Then I sewed a good strong string around the pots top so I have something to tie to now and in the future.

Gave her base some support.

Made sure NOT to go to low :grin:

Used another pipe cleaner and gave the top a little pull in the opposite direction, making sure her base stayed still and tied it to the string on the pot.

In the future I’ll move that up as she grows, and gently train her side branches as needed. I’m leaving blueberry alone right now, she’s just fine as she is :grin: :+1::v::green_heart:

12 Likes

Now thats a lesson in LST. Bookmarks for future references

1 Like

The happy family today :green_heart:

Blueberry is looking happy today.

Did you notice anything on that last pic?
Here , I’ll get a little closer

She’s going to have a lot of buds with all those sites so far.

Amnesia Haze is 34 days old
She is tolerating the LST.

Temp 68.8 RH 57.
Water and Cal mag in the morning. Have a great night :v::green_heart:

10 Likes

The fam is looking good Jewels😉

2 Likes

You’ve got pistils! Looking really nice so far.

2 Likes

They’re both still a little damp from pH water 2 days ago. I dropped my pH pen and broke the head so couldn’t test my run off. New head coming today. I need a pH pen built like a 1950’s tonka truck :persevere:
Blueberry is 37 days

Amnesia Haze is 38 days

Looks like some cheese fell into the distilled water

After soaking for a day, I put her in rock wool. She will be my first hydro grow :blush: and I’m so excited.

9 Likes

Congrats on getting the hydro up and running Jewels! So excited for you :wink:

2 Likes

That Blueberry is looking like an Afina level Bush! Wow! And yay! Dont u love those damn jumping beans :joy:

1 Like

Yes @PurpNGold74 I do love those jumping beans. There’s another that keeps wiggling, like it’s trying to jump. 4 girls in my 32×32 only a month apart would get pretty crowded…the struggles :facepunch::grin:. I’m loving the looks of that blueberry. I’m hoping she stretches more though. I have the light up as high as it will go 27" from bb and 28.5 " from AH. She looks like she will have a lot of buds. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Yea im sure u have a bit of stretch left. When did ya flip?

looking fabulous!

did i tell ya i like cheezzzzz i did did

3 Likes

They flipped themselves last week :grin::facepunch: …Auto’s . I’m keeping the light up for a bit. On photos how long after the flip do you wait to lower them usually?
Thanks @Big123
I’m pretty sure I’m going to love cheese too @Haildamaged :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Just let them stretch up to the lights til they’re at 24" or so from the light, then start lowering it when the stretch is over. Listen to your plants. They’ll tell you if it’s too much.

3 Likes

I forgot ur an Auto kinda gal :man_facepalming:t5::joy:

3 Likes