Jewel's is growing autoflowers again. This time its Jack Herer~Bubble Gum~ Northern Lights~Amnesia Haze look

I’m thinking LST.
I have this same fear :joy:

I’m thinking LST. That, I have experience with. I don’t have any experience with Jack Herer though. She’s good for now then, LST will commence at a later date :+1:
I appreciate your opinions. I also read a lot of failures in my search for knowledge on the subject. Some very nice successful tops. Ya, I’d eff it up. She’s growing too well for that. :v::green_heart:

5 Likes

@GreenJewels

Sorry a little off the LST post, but I have some friends in the north that’ll be making the long journey south very soon.

6 Likes

Awww, beautiful @Jza444. Thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

@GreenJewels You are welcome. I love watching them develop then take off. They have a really long way to go from where I’m at. It’s amazing they can travel that far.

1 Like

Good afternoon @GreenJewels, I have zero experience w autos but I see you got some good advice from people who know what they’re talking about. I would have opted for the lst as well, plus I’d hate to see anything bad happen to Jack H, especially since she’s doing so nicely (as are the others, but JH is the one I’m rooting for) :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

3 Likes

I super cropped autos in this journal, however, I did LST for a long time 1st, and I waited until they were growing vigorously.

4 Likes

Looking good jewels. I’m not brave enough to top autos. That’s some great pics of the Caterpillar.

3 Likes

J and Jz… im slowly talking baby into a greenhouse for a mini butterfly garden. Do i have to release every year??? Think i should google this ish! She loves lookin at yall pics. I love the idea of year round outdoor pot :joy::joy: auto party!!!

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Well, you are gonna need lots and lots of milkweed. I live in the upper Midwest and I do not rear them, but they are abundant around here. Pretty rural around me. They start heading south around this time of year.

1 Like

Im in Mississippi. N think i have milkweed seeds somewhere. My ma brought like 200 diff types of seeds… Jewels has told me that but ima pothead… so milkweed… what was the other thing for the glasserflys?

2 Likes

Not sure on that. Might want to ask Jewels. I know the milkweed is for the larval stage.

1 Like

I top at 2 weeks lst at 3 and super crop at 4 weeks then under a scrog. This a small 2 x 2 screen with lots of bud sites. Plant a extra and play with it. Autos can take a lot but some are just small. People think they hurt the plant but really it was going to be small no matter what. Every once in a while a plant is just destined to be small. My blueberry auto 9 weeks.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info @Painfree. I’ll definitely try it some time. I think maybe my Amnesia freebie once these three are done
@PurpNGold74
Monarchs use milkweed to reproduce (lay eggs) and the hungry caterpillars will devour lots of it. The butterflies eat nectar from all sorts of flowers… including milkweed and those zinnias u liked that u picked. The butterflies love my Butterfly bush but be careful and see if it’s invasive in your area. They sell sterile varieties too. I have a lot of flowers in my yard.and there’s a lot the butterflies :grin: different host plants for different species of butterflies. Here’s a good link to help with monarchs :butterfly::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Don’t do it!
I topped my ZLZ Auto on the morning the 4th node arrived.

The solo cup is slightly taller than the plant

7 Likes

I did it when I started seeing hairs

blue cheese auto

6 Likes

That was my most recent advice as well. I’m just gonna stick with LST autos

7 Likes

Yeah I’m just going for big photo plants now days lol if I get some auto seeds I’ll throw them in the mix. I do prefer to top them tho autos because I believe with my cridical jack topping it made a way bigger plant then mine that wasnt topped

2 Likes

Wait… beautiful butterflies can be invasive?! :exploding_head::exploding_head:

2 Likes

It was night blooming jasmine purp… nightshade…lol I only remember because of how they devoured mine…

1 Like

Well that settles that. Loco will not be topping his autos…I was gonna do one for comparison but I think I’ll get a couple more auto grows under my belt 1st…

2 Likes