Jbum’s first ride on the grow side

Outta likes but no rush. I won’t be doing anything till tomorrow anywho just trying to get a grip on it lol.

2 Likes

Cool, since you will not be addressing this till tomorrow. I can make sure the info I give you is some thing that may help you. I am going to feed real quick, check my notes. I will post up a page so you can see how my grows tend to run. I have 2 plants I think right now that are close to 5.0 for the run off. I will explain why I am not to concerned about that right now as well. I have never grown in soil. Only coco. I have chased numbers before and only made things worse. It is super rare for me to ever flush. I will explain there too. I am not a veteran grower and don’t know all the ins and outs like they do. I can only share what I have found works or didn’t with me. And offer an explanation to hopefully give you an idea why I do what I do. I will be back in about an hour :+1: Rest assured though. If I do not feel like I can offer reasonable help. I have no problems tagging in those I am sure can add to this. The last thing I want is to mess up some one else’s grow.

3 Likes

Cool and no rush please do what ya gotta do. I really appreciate the input like always ILGM members rock! Looking forward to hearing from you as I love to take in all the information my ole brain can handle!

3 Likes

Once I get my new grow up on here tonight. I will tag you in if you want

3 Likes

Tag me 2

1 Like

Me 3 haha just kidding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I already know where you’re at

2 Likes

Yes please. Thanks

2 Likes

Rather than flushing, just give plain water next time they need fed, and measure again. You may be right about the K deficiency. I’m new to coco, and I’ve only grown herbs and veggies in it so far, but I’ve read it contains it’s own potassium typically. Perhaps that’s all been “used up” and you need to bump up the K in the feeding? At any rate, I would give just plain water with Cal/Mag and pH adjusted a little high to bring the pH closer to 5.8, and see what the PPM comes down to before you flush. Or, depending on the nutrient line, regular flushing may be necessary. Sorry I’m not more help.

Using Emerald Harvest and I did not see where they recommend a flush. Strange thing is the last feed the one that was at the lowest PH and highest PPM turned out to be one of the better results. So kinda along the lines at what your saying. And kinda what I was trying to do. So you think just water/cal Mag and see what the PPM is from there?

For a the next feeding at least. If it’s still high and she’s not eating, maybe then take more drastic measures.

2 Likes

Exactly ph water them test ur ppms going in and going out see where ur at u can always feed them if ur ot high enough with ur run off ppms. @Not2SureYet what type of nutes u use? I’ll look for ur journal imma coco grower also.

1 Like

Ok, I guess the first thing I would recommend is not getting to hung up on numbers. I use them as a guide. But let the plants tell me how I am doing.

Coco is not the same as soil and needs treated differently.
I would tell any one new to growing in coco and asking about feeding is. Less is more. My experience has shown me. Autos for the most part do not like fed heavy. For me, heavy equals about 600ppm. I have done grows at 300 - 400 ppm and average 5 plus oz per plant with 10 1/2 oz my best.
I feed Photos a little heavier. I tried the 800 - 900 range and found ppms in the 600 range just seem to work best for me all way around You will see people feeding 1300 plus ppms. If you want to try that, I would work your way up to it.

One thing I have found number wise. if I feed in the 600 range, my numbers stay a little higher ph wise for run off. The only time I have issues with the ph being low is when I try to use a 3 gallon pot. For the most part. All get 5 gallon or bigger unless I think it will be a very small plant.
This is my feeding chart I made up for me using the GH flora grow trio nutrients. 1 tsp equals 5ml.

I
Unless you are trying to feed real heavy, let them dry out often or get very little run off. Odds are you will never have to flush your plants. The run off will act as a flush for each feeding.
I use 1/4 tsp of Armor si and 1/2 of cal mag for every watering and feeding. As i get about 2/3 into flower. I just the cal mag down to 1/4 tsp.

I am not saying this will be right for you or it is how you should grow. it is how I grow. It took me a while to figure out exactly what works best for me. I still have things come up like every one else. Doing things basically the same way each grow makes it easy to deal with things as I see them come up. When I start my next journal in here. I will try to detail things a little more than I do on the other side.
If you are going to flush. I would start with some thing like florakleen. I use straight ro water. I don’t ph it at all. I keep flushing till I get the numbers where I want to see them. Once I have the number where I want. I will water again adding cal mag and armor si. Also PHing the water. Then start feeding as I wish.
I think you will find. You can have very low run off numbers and still have a healthy plant.
This was a big bud I did that is a great example. I fed it at 1/4 strength for the whole grow in a 3 gallon pot. I got root bound and my ph numbers dropped under 5.0 I still got 9 oz from her.
I had the help of of a few members here that basically held my hand that grow.

What did I learn from that. One was not to chase numbers. I kept trying to water at a higher ph hoping the run off would change. It never did. it just cause more issues because now I was watering with a pretty high ph. I think you will find. Some things just require a little trial and error to get them figured out. If you are patient. Odds are good that by the time your plant is finished here. It will have taught you a lot. making you next grow easier and more fun.
I see you have a few leaf issues. And I suck at diagnosing others plants. So maybe one of these friends may be able to give more advise :grin:
@Myfriendis410, @MattyBear, @MacGyverStoner, @raustin, @Covertgrower @Bogleg, @dbrn32

8 Likes

This is my new grow. sorry. it will not let me tag any one :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Great thanks! I will give em PHd Cal/Mag and see how they respond from there. Appreciate the insight and your time @Not2SureYet along with everyone else!

4 Likes

Hey we appreciate you man!!!

3 Likes

So morning update!

Watered in at 5.9 with Cal/Mag and a PPM of 370. It takes me a lot to get my PPM down since I’m starting around 8! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Coming out PH on the first one was 5.5 and PPM 1034 holy moly Batman. But other than the apparent lack of Cal/Mag they seemed to be ok and fairly perky.

3 Likes

How do you get it down

2 Likes

Some guys are using bottled water cause there start. At 550 ppm

2 Likes

I use AN PH down. My PPM is about 175 out the tap but adding the c/m and PH down raises that number.

1 Like

I should probably check my ppm out of sink from well

1 Like