Jars or vacuum seal for freezing?

I have 4 oz of flower I want to keep fresh for up to a year. What would you advise? @Astrocreep @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster

Cure it and vacuum seal it cool dark place

1 Like

@Hogmaster So you never freeze it?

1 Like

FYI if you vacuum seal in a plastic bag you’ll have a solid lump of green worth nothing but edibles. Did it back in April and ruined several ounces. You can grind it but it’s bong material: too fine for a spliff. I haven’t vacuum sealed in jars but that might work better.

I was told that freezing the bud degrades the THC; refrigerated would be great.

2 Likes

Im with @Hogmaster seal and store cool dark place
If you dont have a jar sealer
Place a jar in bag then seal that will prevent what happened to @Myfriendis410
Once cured i would also place a 53% bovidia pack in sealed jar as well fir long term storage
I never freeze unless processing it

2 Likes

Well I’m an idiot haha!

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971

New experiment with no bias. I vacuumed sealed one bag. Crushed weed and turned to brick. Other jars I kept as is as the weed was perfect (after two months)and the jars sealed due to cold in freezer. Anyway both are back in freezer and I will report back. I’m taking a risk for science and hope to improve our education.

3 Likes

vacuum sealed mason jars with your choice Boveda (personally I like the 62%, but that’s me) kept in a cool dark shelf works pretty good. It’s kind of an investment, but most of it is reusable.

2 Likes

Wasnt appling that buddy lol @Myfriendis410
We are all short sighted sometimes
Lesson learned and all that
And to be honest with you the idea was given yo me ny a member sometime ago dont recall who tho

2 Likes

It’s okay; I came to grips with my idiocy decades ago. Embrace it! I say. Hahaha!

1 Like