Jamaican experiment

I brought a few seeds back from Jamaica recently I planted one just to see what happened. Since sprouting it has been growing 1/2” a day. It must be the daughter of a clone because it sure is growing funny. Most of the fan leaves only have three leaves and some only have one. I’m just letting it grow, only watering when needed. The past few nights have been cool for Florida with lows in the upper 40 to low 50’s. I think this has slowed the growth down some. It an odd looking plant that’s been in flower for a few weeks now. I’m guessing a couple more months before it’s anywhere near ready for harvest.

2 Likes

Hello, pretty cool to bring something back and get it going! Unfortunately the reason why she’s looking so weird hopefully it’s a she but judging by the pictures it does look to be female… regardless the reason it’s growing so weird and shooting out 1 and 3 leafs is because it is trying to going back into a vegetation state instead of sticking to flower. What’s happened is at one point the sun has gotten less and less from the plants location meaning it’s getting less than 12 hrs of direct sunlight. The plants need atleast 13 to 14 hrs to maintain vegetation growth if it gets to 12 or below with no sunlight or direct light it will initiate the bloom or flower phase. It could also be getting light at night from a street light or a security light or outside fixture from you or your surroundings. It will be fine if you can either supplement more light thought the day or get it into total darkness when its dark. I would personally try to bring it in like a garage or somewhere if possible and supplement light with a fixture and manipulate the outside as much as possible as it’s not the ideal time to grow outdoors with the cycle of the sun. Either way the plant looks pretty healthy it just wont yield a whole lot but still fun and very cool!!

2 Likes

If you could get us some better pics of this area a couple pics would be great as I cant tell for sure but those may be male parts or a swollen calyx which is female…

1 Like

I know it’s not the ideal time for growing outdoors and there are days when I think it may be a hermaphrodite, but I don’t care. If it is then I have more seeds. I still have seeds and I plan on growing some more when the weather warms up. Most plants in Jamaica are grown outdoors and the climate there is 12/12 year round with little variation in temps. This grow is just for my education. If I end up with some smokable product or seeds that’s even better. I’m not expecting much. I’m keeping a daily log for use if I get serious about trying for that 32 oz yield per plant in the future.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, hopefully she’ll produce some good smoke and free seed are always a treat.

3 Likes

@ArtG the seeds I threw away in panama…I wish I had brought some back from Jamaica! I think its cool good for you!

3 Likes

I harvested about 18 grams from this plant and it is a one toke wonder. Everyone I’ve shared it with has remarked on how powerful it is. I almost killed myself with a severe case of the munchies on one occasion. I have a few seeds left and planted two more hoping I can produce some more seeds. This strain is grown outdoors in Jamaica and is resistant to most, if not all types of infestation. When cured it smells earthy with a hint of lemons.

1 Like

do you think it was exactly the same as what you smoked in Jamaica ?

Better!

1 Like

The seeds came from the bag I was smoking in Jamaica. But the one I grew here was a female so it probably had a higher THC content.

1 Like

thanks I was wondering if I could duplicate an exact copy of something in an inside grow that I smoked before that was grown outdoors