Jake3 First ever outdoor grow

Do outdoor plants stretch like they do indoors or does the strength of the sun keep that down?

1 Like

@Jake3 This is kind of a loaded question and it’s geared towards soil/container….me for instance…I’m in the ground…compost soil mixed with happy frog…top dressed with HF dry amendments and am using FF nutes:

10 days ago this plant was a foot tall

Now it’s over 2 foot

3 Likes

Indoor lighting can only dream of being as good as outside :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I totally agree. I just don’t know if the lighting is the reason that they stretch in transition.

1 Like

And I bought more ilgm seeds… 10+10 on the g13
10+10 super silver haze and 10 gold leaf. All 3 strains are photo period. Now I can’t wait as I also picked up a 4x4x6 tent from a friend so now I’ll be purchasing a new light, exhaust fan and circulation fans. I’ll finally be able to have a veg and flower tent as well as the ability to run a cloning/ propagation area in my closet. Perpetual growing will be in the near future!

2 Likes

That’s great Jake!!!

2 Likes

And I just broke the rules. Well, my rule anyway. Now we have 3 Panty Shot clones on the left (indica dominant) and 3 Lemon Haze clones on the right (sativa!!!) these clones are from the only 2 plants to identify themselves as female so far. These are my backup plan of the plant from my other grow (indoor) turned out male.

5 Likes

I know I’m wayyyy behind in pictures for everyone. It’s been a rough week here but let’s get this show on the road. My 3 Lemon Haze plants have all shown themselves to be female!!! As for the Panty Shots, my shorty decided to throw balls all over the place. I’ve been watching that one plant very close waiting for this. The larger one is a full fledged female though so now I’ll just pray for no herms.

Lemon haze girls

Panty shot girl

And the Panty shot boy

Balls!

4 Likes

Plants look awesome! Congrats on mostly ladies :+1:

2 Likes

I still have my 6 clones are doing absolutely fantastic as well. The 3 Panty shot came from the female luckily. The 3 lemon haze actually came from the shortest plant (#3). All 6 clones showed signs of thrips when I first brought them in so they got a quick wash down with Neem oil and the damage is still visible but has not gone any further. All 6 also have thrown roots. Panty shot needs a few more days in the cloner but the lemon haze could be planted today. I’ll wait till at least tomorrow evening to pot them up to solo cups with canna coco and jacks 321 recipe with Tribus original. They can stay small for now while we still wait to see what happens with the plant in my tent.

3 Likes

Thank k you kindly

3 Likes

Ok. 3 of those lemon haze clones are fully rooted and transplanted into solo cups of canna coco with perlite hydrated with jacks 321 and Tribus.

3 Likes

Wow! 18 days since I’ve updated. Well, all 4 girls are beginning to really flower now. The 3 LH plants are a little farther along than the 1 PS plant. I’ll take pictures this afternoon after work. They’re all shooting for the stars now. Have grown almost a foot in the last week.

2 Likes

Here’s the updated pictures as of 4:30ish this afternoon.

Panty Shot

Closer view of a PS top

Lemon Haze girls

Closer view of a LH top.

4 Likes

And just because, here’s a shot of one of my Orange Poison clones that I gifted out in early spring. She’s just over 7 foot tall and 5 foot in diameter. There’s another one of these clones in my neighborhood that I went to check on today. I forgot to take pictures but it’s an absolute mammoth! About 5 foot tall and easily 7-8 feet through the middle.

5 Likes

Hey! :wave: So sorry, just been catching up. They’re all looking divine! Nice green and so tall! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nice looking ladies. Good job happy growing

1 Like

It’s been a wet end of summer for most of us in the eastern US, so my girls got a good haircut today to help airflow and remove all or at least most of the smaller under developed bud sites. They look naked to me now. Especially the 3 Lemon Haze. The Panty Shot on the other hand is about a week behind the Hazes’ and so bushy that I literally lost my wife on the other side of the plant before her defol. Forgot the before pictures but here’s an after shot

And some tops pics
Panty shot

And the 3 LH

And the pile that came off them all. (There’s a 20’ watermelon vine in the bottom

5 Likes

I know how you feel about the rain. They look nice and healthy good job on the deformation. Happy growing

1 Like

Looking good, friend! :hugs::+1::+1:

2 Likes