On to another first for me. 4 weeks ago (don’t remember the exact date) I dropped 2 Panty Shot (regular) seeds from Marty aka SoFem Genetics. They were super super slow to grow in my tent. Then 2 weeks ago I dropped 3 Zia Farms Lemon haze (regular) seeds. They took off great. Yesterday I moved them out to my garden bed. All of the soil in my garden came from 2 places. There’s 1 year old garden soil that someone dropped off for me and I’ve been dumping all of my once used roots organic original blend soil in with it over the winter and spring, mixed a huge bag of perlite on top and tilled it all in just before I planted my strawberries and peppers. Yesterday I took 20 gallons of fresh roots organic soil and blended it in only where I was putting the plants so they have fresh nutrient loaded soil all around their root balls and I added some extreme mycorrhiza in the holes. Watered them in with 2 gallons of pH 6.3 dechlorinated tap water. This morning my little ones are perky and happy. I’ll upload pictures once I drink my coffee and put shoes on. Lol.
I’m not going to tag anyone in on this grow but please feel free to follow along.
Outdoor grows are always interesting!
We shall see Kap. I know I’m going to have males to pull out. Hopefully I can get at least one female of each strain.
Ok, here’s the pictures as of this morning.
First up is Panty Shot. Both seeds sprouted slow and are deformed/mutated. This strain has Kush lineage. Number 1: grew 3” tall and never had any first true leaves then sprouted 2 branches.
Number 2: sprouted to about an inch tall then grew a ball of leaves. Now showing some branching, but still by far the smallest plant.
Next up is the Lemon Haze. 2 weeks above dirt now and all 3 are showing some branch development.
That’s a great line up!
I’m sure they will like their new home and reward you with a lot of growth in the next 2 weeks…
Going to follow along here as well.
Well thank you madam Vet. We haven’t really talked much but I am a vet as well so thank you kindly for your service.
Thanks for yours as well
How is retirement treating you?
I’m loving it! …for obvious reasons
I’m enjoying watching the outdoor runs people are putting together
After a full week out in the sunshine the plants have responded well and have all been topped. Hopefully that will encourage the branches to grow out before they start to show preflower.
Panty Shot 1: has 2 main branches, both topped at the 5th node now.
Panty Shot 2: also has 2 main branches, is a polyploid and has been topped at the 4th node.
Lemon Haze 1: topped at 5th node.
Lemon Haze 2: topped at 5th node.
Lemon haze 3: topped at the 4 node. Processing: C3E17805-1672-4E99-8A4F-ED875261EC12.jpeg…
No signs of preflower in any of the plants, but both Panty Shots are showing alternating nodes. I expect to be able to determine sex in another 2-3 weeks. Right about the same time these plants will get their first supplemental feeding.
Here we are 15 days later. The plants got their first feeding today, about a liter each of full strength jacks 321. It’s been hot and rainy for the past few weeks but the plants have grown rather quickly. I’ve confirmed that 2 plants definitely have calyxs. One of which appears to also have a male flower forming. Another plant looks a lot like a male to me and the rest aren’t really showing yet. I’m going to keep an eye on the suspected males for the next few days. I’ve been spraying all the plants with neem oil any day where there’s a good break in the rain to try and combat these bugs. I’ll switch to spinosad (captain jacks) if I absolutely have to use something during flowering.
Fingers crossed no males
Went to visit a friend last night. Back around Mother’s Day I gave him a clone off one of my Orange Poison plants before it got pollinated. He put it outside in the ground with some Fox Farms Ocean Forest and it’s now over 5’ tall and almost 5’ in diameter!
Hell yeah, looks awesome
Well, I’ve still only got 2 plants that I can absolutely confirm female. The other 3 are still hard to tell. We’ve gotten a little break in the rain over the past few days so bug problems are reducing since I’m able to spray with neem oil daily. I mixed up a batch of Jacks 321 recipe with silica and Tribus original. Spread 3 gallons out between the 5 plants. I wasn’t noticing any deficiencies as of yet and they’re all growing between 2-5 inches a day. 29 days ago is when I put these ones outside and all were under 6” tall. Now the tallest are 4 feet and the shortest is about 2.5-3 foot tall but they’re all over 2.5 foot in diameter. I’ll update pictures here soon.