Jake’s first grow. AmH Auto

If your wanting to buy the small ones, Amazon has them.

1 Like

I was thinking they were done with the sample packs a couple months ago but went to there website and at the top it says take the boveda challenge just put in my contact info than I had a sample pack in the mail…now I did not know they were sending it and I did not get anything on the site just gave my info and they sent me samples. You could just try to do that and maybe get lucky like I did. Good Luck!

1 Like

I want samples lol I bought about 150 of the Integra Boost packs. A lot cheaper and they are doing just as well for me.

No disrespect meant here, But I would really advise against this unless you feel you really have a handle on starting seedlings. It is super easy to over water going straight to a final pot. I use nursery bags to start seedlings in. Once the seed has a tail. It goes in a rapid rooter and then into a nursery bag. This way. Once it is big enough for a final pot. You just plant the whole bag in the new pot. No shock at all :grin:

I use these if you are interested in seeing them. I use the center bag and cut it down about an inch shorter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQXCD8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

This is why I love this sight I had no clue about those pots I have to try thanks man

1 Like

So here we are ending week 1 of flower for Thelma and entering week 1 of flower for Louise. Both girls seem very happy and oh man does Thelma put out a nice skunky smell already! I did a little LST to open up the bud sites on both girls. Louise has my thermometer in the pot with her.

2 Likes

I agree boost packs are Awsome.

So I’m beginning to see some irregularities in both girls. Thelma is showing some very light colors in her leaf veins. I’m thinking either a sulfur or iron deficiency.

Louise has just a few leaves with spots on them that are lighter in color than the rest of the leaf. I’m thinking she’s showing the start of a calcium deficiency.

Your in soil right?
Do a soil slurry sample to check your PH it’s the only way to be sure.
Then feed the second one cal mag for sure.
The other one with the stripe yeah that’s different but I have seen it before and it’s usually genetics I wouldn’t be worried at this point.

2 Likes

Been almost a week since the last update. The girls are doing well. I’m really liking this roots organic though it has a lot more perlite than ffof did and I still added more without even thinking about it. I started feeding them at a touch over 1/2 strength.

Thelma stopped really producing branches after her 4th node but she appears to be stacking well now. She is getting 32 ounces of pH’d water every 2-3 days.

Louise is in her stretch and staying relatively small still and that’s how I want her.

2 Likes

Perlite = airey soil. Cannabis loves airey soil
Looking healthy
:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Here we go! Thelma and Louise are doing great and seem to be very happy.
Thelma is beginning to really pack on weight though some of her branches are definitely lacking. She is in week 3+1 day of flowering

Louise is a monster compared to her sister and in need of a lot of tucking with minor defoliation. Week 2+1 day of flower for her.

3 Likes

So it’s been 15 days since my last update. I keep forgetting that my medium is coco based and not soil so the girls are a little lacking as they keep drying out too much. I’m in week 5ish on Louise and she’s just not building any size to her bud sites. She has gotten huge though so I’m thinking she’s just going to be super slow to finish. Louise also has started to fade despite getting good water and feed just spaced out too much. With the size of the plant itself, if I can get her to start packing on weight she has the potential to be a 3+ ounce plant. She has over 20 “tops” exposed to light.

Thelma is in week 6 of flower and has stacked well and shows a decent bit of trichome development. Nothing to write home about but I’m thinking I’ll see about 20 grams of decent quality bud once dried and cured.

With autos, I’ve been starting my countdown for weeks in flower as soon as they start throwing pistils. I assume that probably puts me a week or so earlier than when it actually starts but that still would leave Louise very underwhelming in mass.

3 Likes

Every time you let the coco dry out. You do a little more damage. That is some thing you have to keep wet. Even if you have to set your phone as a reminder :slightly_smiling_face: It will take the plant a few days to recover each time it dries out. And odds are. It will effect you in the end. The up side for you is how long this will flower for. Gives you more time to get her straightened back out.

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet I absolutely love when you reply to my posts. I’ve so much respect for you, Nicky and a few others. This is my first grow in a coco based medium and after I’m through with this, I think I’ll do a full coco grow as I’ve been following a lot of them and the response rate from the plants is so much faster than soil or a blended medium like this.

The reminder in my phone is a great idea, but my new rotating work schedule makes things tough. I work 8a-4p for 7 days, 2 off, 4p-12a for 7 days, 24hrs off, then 12a-8a for 7 followed by 4 days off. And I can get mandated to stay late or come in on any day off. Auto pots may be a thing for me in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks Jake, There are a lot of great growers in here. They seem to be spread through a lot of threads. If you have issues with watering because of your schedule. You can always use a larger pot. That will add more time between waterings. With a 5 gallon. I can go every other day if I really had to. You could even go to a 7 in coco. It would use more coco. But would buy you a few days if you needed. My plants grow pretty much the same size in them. I also re use my coco. I use it twice then toss it and start with fresh. I have gone 3 times. But I feel like my plants get a little smaller on the 3rd time. As long as you are in those small pots. You will have watering issues if you don’t stay on top of things. Autopots are a great way to go. Or I love them. I have 8 of them :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve grown AMH autos twice now. Seems to be either poor genetics or just a difficult strain to grow. First one grew big with lots of bud sites but they were all just airy and fluffy. I blamed myself for that outcome due to being my first grow and having a bunch of poor environmental conditions. Second time around I got fatter buds but still airy and fluffy. One thing I did notice on the second grow is that after watering, it seemed that the buds would get slightly fatter and more dense but after a couple of days they would start to shrink down again. Was very strange to me. I grew a WW auto alongside the last one and that plant grew fine. Are your buds dense or just look dense but when you give them a little squeeze they’re very soft and airy?

2 Likes

Hey all! I hope everyone is doing well. Thelma sure is getting closer to harvest time now. She’s showing about 25/75 clear/cloudy trichs today. I started her all water flush this evening. I’m hoping she takes about 10-14 days to finish up.

Louise has shown great improvement in the last few days. She’s getting some green color back and is losing fewer fan leaves as well as finally putting a little weight into her buds and beginning to show some frost.

3 Likes

Hey all! So I began flushing Thelma 2 days ago. Expecting her to really start maturing and her runoff ppm was super high at 2200. So I flushed with 6.3ph tap water and a touch of cal-mag ppm 425. 3 gallon pot and I only ran 2 gallons through her got her down to 1750ppm. Now here’s the part that blows my mind. She started foxtailing hardcore in the last 2 days. She’s now covered in brand new pistils and fox tails that stick out 1/4-1/2” outside her normal bud structure. My temps have not changed and stay around 73f at canopy level during lights on. I’ve heard that autoflowers are prone to foxtailing, could that just be what’s going on or could there be something I’m missing?

She’s definitely getting more frost though.

3 Likes

Not too much to report for Louise. She’s technically in week 6 of flower but showing bud size that I would expect for week 3. I had her so messed up before. She’s straight now and starting to pack on weight fast and throwing heavy frost fast. The picture is 0-60 in the last 4 days. With any luck she won’t surprise me more by finishing super fast now. I’d really like to see her flower long and hard to see what she can really do now.

3 Likes

As I sit here this afternoon thinking about how I’m going to dry my harvests not that it’s cold out and my camper is no longer an option. I remember someone posting something about a drying basket that actually had activated carbon builds into it. Supposedly it’s nearly smell proof. I just wish I could remember what it was called. After searching google and amazon for the last few hours with no luck, does anyone know what I’m talking about? @Hellraiser @Nicky @GreenFlex @Covertgrower @Not2SureYet @dbrn32 @kellydans

5 Likes