Jake’s first grow. AmH Auto

Here we are at the end of week 2 above the dirt. Vertical growth has slowed down a bit while the girls work on their root structures. Thelma is looking like she’s going to be a bushy girl while Louise seems to stand a little taller with her smaller leaf structure. All in all they both seem to be moving at a steady pace. I’m up in the air on what size pot to use this go round. I had ok results with my 5gal air pots but the buds seemed airy and my 3 gallon pot grew much smaller buds that were way more dense and potent. Both plants were the same strain and genetics and had the same feeding regiments. Help me out here!!!

4 Likes

I am beginning to think that I f’d up this run. After looking back in my journal, I’m noticing that these girls are nowhere near as big as they should be. Not to mention that the cotyledon leaves are already starting to turn yellow. My thought process here is that in my first 2 plants, I used peat starter pucks then put them directly into a large pot. I’ve sprouted these last 2 in solo cups. Could they be getting root bound already and having super slow growth from that at this point? They’re 17 days from breaking ground. I definitely have not over watered And I don’t think I’ve under watered either. @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @Kilgoretrout @GreenFlex @repins12 @DankBank22 @Davyg @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Covertgrower

4 Likes

No but you would be smart to transplant them now, their tap root already hit the bottom.

4 Likes

Hey man they look good to me for 2weeks ur just used to looking at those monsters I just got mine in the dirt a week ago

3 Likes

Could be root bound in the starter pod. I tried those things for one run and decided against them.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t think they’re root bound yet. A transplant to the next size up would possibly be premature as the soil could still be loose around the roots right now and disturbing it could cause damage. You will know better when you slide one out to take a look and that’s what I would do. A good root system then I would move it, loose soil with a poor root ball then I would leave and monitor for a little while yet.
I’m with @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie I also tried those pucks and binned them as they’re prone to drying out and a pia to rehydrate

2 Likes

Are you feeding them anything in the cup? Is it just the peat pellet in there?
I would recommend a transplant into a medium, should see more growth that way.
You do have to be careful with seedlings but survive just fine as long as care was taken.

I use rapid rooters, but they’re not in there very long, before I transplant them into something.

1 Like

I think they look great. I have seen almost full plants grown in solo cups. I use these so I can just drop them into a pot and am good to go. I like the 5.5 x 6.3 size

https://www.amazon.com/ENPOINT-Non-Woven-Seedling-Survival-Planting/dp/B07S231QHF/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=nursery%2Bbags&link_code=qs&qid=1603816864&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-6&tag=mozilla-20&th=1

1 Like

Peat pellet was the Last grow. They’re in a solo cup of Fox Farms ocean forest now.

I would just keep doing what your doing brother if that is FFOF in those cups that is what I use and have never had an issue with them not wanting to grow just be patient and go back over your elements…is it too cold? are they getting sufficient light? what do you have them on 24/day…18/6? They look like they are healthy and no leafs to the edge of the solo yet so I would say make sure you have good drainage on the solos and don’t over water, some time’s mother nature take’s her sweet time for no reason of ours! Hope this helps brother!

1 Like

I think I figured it out. Unfortunately it was me again. I decided to check the calibration on my ph pen and it was a little off. I thought I was watering 6.5 and was actually hitting closer to 7.3. Re calibrated and adjusted the ph. 2 days later now and they’re exploding with good growth! Sometimes it’s the little things that we overlook. Trust me. I’m good, really good at overlooking the little things. Hahaha.

Louise

Thelma

6 Likes

I think your good I use bigger starters cups . And I also wanted to pass on that I was told was only for autos plant your seedling right from the paper towel i(f that’s how you germ) into the pot your going to grow ur plant in reason I was told is you don’t want to shock or stress that will cause less everything

these are 14 days

1 Like

Well, I transplanted Thelma and Louise the other day and unfortunately Thelma had already thrown out pistils. She’s still in her stretch and as of tonight she’s about 9” from dirt to cola. Louise is about the same size but shows no sign of maturity yet which I’m happy about.
Thelma

Louise
Both girls ended up going into Roots Organic soil because nobody around here has any Fox Farms in the store. I don’t know much about this soil so if anyone has experience with it please chime in. I haven’t fed the girls anything other than pH’d water so far. @Not2SureYet @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @Nicky @dbrn32 @repins12 @GreenFlex @kellydans @Growinggreg @DankBank22 @OlyBoy98503

6 Likes

@Davyg @Covertgrower @Interlu @James68 @Kilgoretrout @registereduser

2 Likes

I’ve no experience with your soil but those babies are looking super healthy and loving it. I use Canna and don’t feed at all during veg :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Plants look very happy ! I haven’t tried the product but I think @dbrn32 uses Roots organic soil .

3 Likes

Looking Great and I have not used roots organic but I would just watch your plants brother they will let you know if they are hungry for sure!

3 Likes

Does anyone know how and if I can still get the boveda sample packs? @GreenFlex @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Nicky @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @OlyBoy98503

2 Likes

I think they shut it down but it was on their website before.
This was like this spring.
. Along time ago

1 Like

You mean the small packs? Or were they actually giving away samples?

1 Like