Jack's vs Chemgro, Nicky's 2nd attempt

That would be a good test.

I used them in soil quite often and always liked the improvement there so bringing it over to coco, trying to get the best of both worlds. I like to change stuff up often, keeps me from getting bored.

4 Likes

Ya I’m sold on perlite vs coco I figured 50/50 would be a better test to see the difference but then again I have switched to the pre mixed stuff and I’m liking not having to mix it due to lack of dust. Autopots recommended 50/50 but it definitely is messy compared to 70/30.

Im not sold on what I’ll do yet but I’m sorta leaning to 50/50 since autopot recomonds that…

4 Likes

I was able to skip away after work last night, very rare, and drove 1hr 20 min home to surprize my girl when she got home from her CPR course.
This gave me the opportunity to work on the plants a little.

I was composted the tomatoe plant and this gave the green crack more room, I also re worked some wires and for now I have used zip ties /tie Wraps to secure the light as high as possible.
I took a bit of time to Lolipop and will see how the plant looks in a week before I do any defoilation up top. There are many thin branches die to the multitude topping jobs I did in order to control height. Will be Intresting to see how all these plant bud out however not my preferred method.

Next I re hung the lights and trimmed the Scott bed topsin the big tent. I’m so shockedas to how full that tent is… Very true sativa the stretch is sooo much the buds are going go broken up into little single buds I doubt I’ll see much if any main colas. It sucked to trim off dead tops but the light destroyed them and my girlfriend didn’t move the lights, however it would. Have been hard for her to so this method of light hanging is a game. Changer thank you @Not2sureyet
I will have to do some serious trimming in this tent but the netting will make it difficult, so I’ll do that next week as best I can but I definitely see this won’t be easy and Im not sure how much I can really do.
Finally I bent a couple key tops over, so we will see how this does.

My peppers are growing and almost ripe as well

10 Likes

hey @Nicky did those peppers grow alongside your girls? same light cycle?

2 Likes

Yes. I only recently googled them to see what their requirements were and it’s only 6-8hr of light. They got 18hr at the start and are now down to 12 and I grow them under my cannabis, the light requirement is very minimal compared to cannabis. I give them the same feed in my autopots, it’s probably rich for them but whatever Jack’s will grow anything. I grew a massive tomatoe plant but only got pole 5 tomatoes as they need more wind/bugs to pollinate themselves more. Successfully.
Peppers seem to do good and it really doesn’t cost me anything, next year once the tomatoes get stated I’ll put them outside.
Peppers are super low miantance, they sure don’t grow alot or very fast but it’s okay. I’m trying to look into what else I can grow in the tent that we would eat and it will do fine.

2 Likes

awesome please let me know what u find out for veggies.

1 Like

Those plants are looking great.

2 Likes

Update finally
My apologies in advance for less than ideal photos but it’s what the wifey sends me.

Start of week 5 of flower (I think)
Okay so I got the girl to send me some pics.
Good news /bad news.
The one in the back right looks like it’s barely alive, it’s stem is even not fully green. However this one has always been a much lankeir thinner plant probably just not the greatest genetics to be honest however I’ll see how long I can limp it along.

Here are some other pics she sent me of the ones doing alright, again not the strongest grow. I belive topping these plants so many times to control the growth until I was ready to flip them really hurt the growth pattern I left them with to many shoots and these shoots were are to thin as each time I topped an end it would get thinner as it broke off to two but I’m not used to this type of plant training it’s not my fortay. So the pheno hunt will be successful regardless and this is a great learning experience as I havent ran many photos at all and none in 3 years. I am excited to select the winner and re grow it nice and healthy in my next grow.

We are growing Bud, they didn’t die. Jack’s has been decided as the keeper nutrient and growing these landaces out to see exactly what I have is working. So all in all it’s still a multiple level success story for myself.

The green crack seems like it’s not stacking as well as the other plants but that may just be through the pictures, not sure I’ll have an in person look on Friday night.

These 3 plants should still give me a fair amount of sativa to stock my shelf and that will make me happy because currently in my closet I only have ak 47 and Bruce banner.

Probably won’t be done flowing till the middle of November!
I will be defoilation the green crack and being very careful with the other 4 as they had alot of stress a week ago (be 2 weeks by the time I get to see them)

@Hellraiser
@Covertgrower
@Myfriendis410
@BobbyDigital
@Bulldognuts
@HappyHydroGrower
@kellydans
@SilvaBack203
@Budz
@TheVirginian

21 Likes

Nice ladies and I love this right here
“currently in my closet I only have ak 47 and Bruce banner.” :rofl::rofl:
That’s only your sativa tell us what else do you have in that stash closet. My brother have more weed than the dispensary

3 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

I lied I forgot about the 5 gallon bucket of the amnesia haze, and the island sweet skunk lol here is rhe AH.

So sativas:

• Bruce banner (lots)
  • Amnesia Haze
  • AK 47
  • Island sweet skunk

I also have some Hybrid sativas

• Auto euphoria (not good bud I lacked lighting in this grow)
  • LSD sativa hybrid

Indicas in my stockpile:

• Northern lights
  • Afghani kush
  • Purple kush
  • BlackBerry kush
  • Tripple XL
  • Sweet n sour
  • Strawberry nuggets
  • Purple Gorilla

Yup that’s all, the tangi I had went really fast as did The G13.
Will have to re grow the auto euphoria and tge Tangie for sure.

13 Likes

:exploding_head::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Which strand did you find you best pressing?

1 Like

Eh I haven’t pressed them all but I probably should that’s a good point. Make equial weight pucks and press them all, then rate them for return.
Again I don’t press much because I don’t smoke much at all anymore (personal lung issues), when I do I like to press hash as flower rosin is weaker and smokes more.
I also press what I want in terms of effect so I haven’t really focused on rating them for pressing lol.

Cookie strains, gorrila strains, the GMO strain they are known for the top yeilds.

2 Likes

If you do that experience tag me on the journal please.
I know about your smoking situation. Thought you pressed to make more space in the stash closet lol.
Fill up the fridge to make space.

I got the bags coming for the bubble hash. Harvest time will probably only keep 2 plants from outside and the rest wash it.

1 Like

Once you press after 6 month the potency is reduced

Copy now I know

1 Like

Looking good. What is Bossman setting a humidifier :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

He figured out how to turn the AC unit on and off the fan vents on the top open and close… He loves it but it’s now in the shed for the rest of the year.

3 Likes

Smart cat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wish my cats would learn

2 Likes

He doesn’t understand that it keeps the house cool though so I’m worried that one hot day he’s going to turn it off when we are away at work and they are going to get heat stroke =(

Luckiely we only get a heat wave for like 2-3 weeks a year.

6 Likes