Jack's vs Chemgro, Nicky's 2nd attempt

Bossman’s getting his own nature TV

Okay it’s a fish tank but, I hope. He enjoys laying beside it watching it all the time.

7 Likes

I go home tonight, looks like I will have to drop another zamaldelica. I dropped 6 hoping to get 4 successful plants but I got 3.
I blame the girl lol but it might just have been the way things are.

I’ll dig up the one, that hasn’t popped gently but the other one day went black and shriveled up my gf said.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @KeystoneCops the current experiment

1 Like

Hahaha u keep something ur your sleeve man. To the top i gooooo

2 Likes

All caught up!

Sucks when seeds wont shake that helmet and get with the program… sucks even more when u help prematurely and they die anyway. :rose: to all the seedlings IVE killed.

Now for the followups… fair warning @HMGRWN just disagreement. Not poking fun.

Cant agree with this… if its grow one (or a few) really vigorous nice yielding funky but above average plant(s). Or pheno hunt 20 seeds for one mother that checks all the boxes except YIELD…. That one mama is getting cloned to high hell. And she’ll yield better nexttime for me. By being another grow better and alot more pots on the grown.

This! Maybe commercial growers trade potency for yield. But we (home growers) should strive specifically for cannabis cup level weed.

NOPE….

Edit: went back to reread it. All valid points. But HELL NO… lmao. That is all

5 Likes

They call me the breeze…

2 Likes

Once you have a closet full of weed you realize yeild eventually catches up, grow for quality.

I will say making concentrates takes alot more product and refines that good product to really potent product but the word still in the concentrate circles is “fire in, fire out”

Glad your all caught up, I just got home after my week away so I’m gonna go check on the baby’s and I’ll post a pic tomorrow. Gotta check this seed and soak another one probably.

Also RIP DMX and all the seeds I’ve killed, had a great success rate and then got a new setup and lost my mojo

3 Likes

Sup Breeze.

@Nicky im far from caught up my friend. Just got pulld down to the tag. Ill quickskim n drop a few likes on all the pretty pics tho :rofl:

1 Like

Nothing to like yet, but the monsters are about to go crazy. Seed sunk this morning. So I’ll paper towel it this afternoon

1 Like

Man Ima stoner. Thought this was the other thread. Literally JUST caught up hahaha

3 Likes

Here we are.
I updated the wrong thread before oops.

So it’s been a while but I finally got the DNA tests and culled the males which were near 50/50. I had 3 zam females so I picked the weakest looking and tossed it as well before potting them all up to bigger nursery pots (seem like 4 gallons). The plants are big but the root balls are not big enough for my to feel comfortable to flip them, I still want them to grow into the 5 gallon auto pots which may take 2 more weeks.
So I topped 3 of them as they were getting a bit tall.

The experiment is sort of over for now as they are all getting Jack’s but I was able to notice in veg that the jacks plants are darker green with further spaced out nodes making them taller but not as nice and bushy as the chemgro.
So mixed feelings about that, it will be Intresting to see how they do next run as I will be cloning all of these and deciding which plant I want to run in a clone test of jakcs vs Chemgro.

Until then I’ll grow these out with Jack’s boosted with mkp come flower.
And we are boosting the mag sulfate I believe most growers have found, to what @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet

My other tent is near finished flowering for my first run on jacks and I didn’t have mkp so I ran 4grams per gallon of part A in flower they look good.

6 Likes

Are these all cloned from the same seed?

2 Likes

No these were the seed drops of regulars that was DNA tested, culled and now I’m left with 2 zamaldelica, 2 Bangi haze which all 4 are from Ace seeds landrace sativa selection, 1 green crack (Cali connect)
Next test will be alll clones, I will clone all 5 of these before I flip them. Solo cups that then go into soil (so they don’t grow to fast) and placed outside/ in a window to stay alive while the tents flower out for the next two or three months lol.
Once I decide who is my favorite I will take 4 clones, toss the other plants and do the experiment all over again.
So I’ll have 2 clones on jacks and 2 on chemgro.
@Not2SureYet I’ll have space for 1 plant that we can grow together.
The girl seems like like girl scout cookies so I was thinking one of the girl scout extremes or a fast buds gorilla cookies but you let me know what your thinking. I haven’t grown either of those plants but the ilgm girl scout cookies extreme seems like a monster and fast buds gorilla cookies looks short and thick but super sticky.

@Covertgrower what was the Epson salt bump that everyone’s doing what’s the grams per gallon? As I haven’t had any issues but I don’t mind bumping as a preventative measure.

2 Likes

This explains the differences in spacing.

I’m at 1.5g per gallon.

1 Like

Definitely just different phenos. There cant really be any conclusions to come to if your not running clones. Longer node spacing is just a difference of phenos. I dont think nutrients can cause node spacing to change. That’s gonna be lighting or pheno based.

1 Like

I hear what you guys are saying and that why I’m going to run a clone but the difference between the jacks side and the chemgro side was pretty significant and that’s why I mentioned it.

I understand its not fact until proven with clones but considering the same environment and there were two different types of seeds dropped.
All 5 Jack’s looked taller with darker green and more spaced out nodes then the chemgro.

I would put money on its gonna do the same come clone test time.
@imSICKkid definitely pheno and lighting have effect but for sure nutrient diffences change plant morphology, to what degree depending on nutrient differences is what the clone test will show more clearly though.

Thnx for the 1.5g per gallon clarification @Covertgrower

3 Likes

Yeah hard to prove with a seed run but little differences in NPK ratios and the differences in micro nutrients can make for a little difference in growth but with my Jacks vs AN with clones, seeing no differences in growth in veg.

4 Likes

Intresting to hear, didn’t know you were running a test to. Will be nice to see the final results on flower.

3 Likes

My current grow with a Jacks vs AN grow off test using my favorite line of clones, pretty much identical growth so far, flowering is where it’ll get interesting.

7 Likes

Okay so 2nd run on Jack’s and I’m seeing mag deficiencys Durring transition period.
I’m running 4g/2.4g/1.2g

And totally realized I forgot to adjust to the 1.5g magnesium because I didn’t write that in my grow room notes.

So I’m seeing it Durring transition was anyone seeing it Durring veg?
Just wondering if I should run regular Jack’s u til pre flip and then boost it come flip or if it’s just these plants or if I should run the boosted 1.5g of mag sulfate all the time from start.

Thoughts? @Covertgrower you bumped it so did you see it in veg? And @Hellraiser I belive you ran into the issue before

@Bulldognuts @ashhhh @Breezy @DefNSmokn @Deepsix @BobbyDigital have any of you seen this in your or other grows?

Prior to this here is an less recent pic of the tent

I’ll be installing a net on Friday when I get home.

Other tent growing a green crack from Cali connect and skme veggies

Oh and clones so I can run this experiment the 3rd time the right way. Like @Hellraiser is doing with AN & Jack’s but of course mine will be chemgro vs jacks

11 Likes