Jack's vs Chemgro, Nicky's 2nd attempt

It’s day 15 straight at work, I’ve been in my box for 360 hours… Friday at 1pm I get out of here. So 47hr left.

My dogs out of the hospital and recovering and home I can’t wait to get out of here, just needed to vent.

10 Likes

Sorry about your dog hope it wasn’t anything serious. Enjoy your time at home with your family and your dog and Bossman

1 Like

It could. Have been if we didn’t take him to emergency but got it sorted after 24hr with the animal hospital. He’s at home resting, think I’m just burnt out 16 on 3 off has been my shift and In August I did 30 days straight.
3 days home and then another 14-18 days and we should be done this contract so I’ll take some days off.

We had an incident at our worksite last night I sort of forgot maybe the stress of that is getting to my mind.
Thankfully no one was hurt.

How are you doing @Deepsix
How’s life And the grow going?

Ps thanks for the love @MattyBear and @kpc

8 Likes

Doing ok got to have a minor procedure done tomorrow have some skin cancer removed ( Basil Cell). The grow is going ok hate this part of it wating for it 2 finish. another week or 2. She is 9 weeks from the flip.

2 Likes

This is her after water/feed yesterday.

6 Likes

Well good luck on the surgery I’m. Sure it will go smoothly, it’s all closed here due to our spike for the 4th wave.

Plants look good, enjoy this part you get to see flowers every day. Mine are only like 4 weeks in flower or something I lost count due to light timer mess up and stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. Yes my 1 daughter is a nurse practioner she said you will be fine. Maybe when Bama goes medical next year I can get a medical marijuana card. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think I’'ll go check her trichomes.

3 Likes

Ohh wow good for her that’s a really good career. My girlfriend needs a couple. Years of experience before she can do her masters to be a nurse practitioner

2 Likes

Thank you her specialty is Cardiology. She works for the V.A hpspital in Gainesville Florida. here are 2 pic’s of her buds.

7 Likes

Damn bro that’s some crazy hours. You doing what I did in the army always in the field

They look good @Deepsix

@SilvaBack203 yeah I only get paid for 12 of them but I have to live on site and am on call 24/7 for the oil company.

Honestly I have like 1hr of work all day then I just mess on my phone tablet, feed myself watch the news whatever but I’m stuck in this box that’s like got to be 100sq feet mini apartment…
That’s why I’m on here alot.
Didn’t do any university today not in the right mindset but tomorrow I’ll dive into it again.

It’s a sacrifice, I’ve been doing it for like 10 years and probably one year left then I can get into a role that I’m home more, make more money, and just am more active I’m wasting away here. Normally I’m a really active person but at work I can’t be.
It rarely gets to me I grew up off grid 30min up a mountain logging road with no water pressure. So I have no issues being isolated it’s not being able to move that is driving me nuts sometimes. So I just sit my butt down and open my tablet and focus on school. Light at the end of the tunnel. 3 years in and 1 year left.

6 Likes

That’s an amazing way to use your time and get pay on top of it lol. We can trade places 4 a bit i wouldn’t mind been in a box away from wife n kids. I got a few books I’m trying 2 ready. Lately been stuck with audibles

3 Likes

It’s true it is.
I get 400 Canadian a day and 50$ a day for subsistence since I have to buy all the linen, soaps, tp, food etc (not water though).

Not every job is like this, drilling rig work is always like this but most other work like Fracks and everything are in a small tiny portable trailer on wheels or in a truck for 12hr a day + a drive to and from a work camp 15-1hr one way away.
Those sites have way more traffic and everyone has to be signed in and signed out by me it sucks I’ve done sooo much work and am experinced enough and lucky enough to have found a good gig though. I’m haggling my boss for another 20$ a day because I said 450 and she said yes then she meant 400 plus 50 sub lol now I’m being reminded of the alternative jobs and I’m like not liking my options haha (I won’t push hard but I asked for something so I’ll at least try and make a deal if I can’t get my 450+50)

The grass can always be greener on the other side of the fence but once you realize that everyone else works 8-12 hr days and I only get paid for 12 but have to be here for 24 like I feel like km being robbed of my life.
Break it down to flat rate and I’m a register health care professional with vast amounts of experience making 16.60$ hr.
I don’t get to sleep in my own bed, I can’t work on any projects in a garage, I can’t go for a walk with the dog, I don’t get to make dinner for my girlfriend, it’s like paid prison really.

But it comes with perks.
The average Canadian is not making nearly 10k a month, and I get days off more then 3 days in a row on many occasions.I set my own schedule and I’m only giving my self 3 days off 2 times a month because I know end of October we shut down for a bit. Also the ability to go to school and get paid to do it is huge.
I wish I knew how to make money on the internet because it could be a side hustle for me at this job.
I’ll keep my paramedic ticket and probably go do some relief work out here when I do have the time to do it because it’s a little down time and gets paid get away from my manager role I will step into as an occupational health and safety manager at a large oil company or construction company maybe even a cannabis company we will see.

But for now I’m just over it, glad I have work and making money for sure but can’t wait for a change.

4 Likes

Great way to explain it and break it down. There’s always pros and cons on everything. You soon will be moving on to the next step of your life and probably will miss these days been away from home. Yea money over rated its like the more I make here in America the more uncle Sam fs me with no lube.

1 Like

You need a business man, learn how to legally tax evade basically.
Write things off, depreshate assets, purchase assets, setup and offshore bank account in Belize ya know.

Gotta work the system. Get a good accountant worth their weight in gold.

2 Likes

I need that. For every 100k I make I pay 30k in tax. Plus insurance, fuel, tool replacements, workers.

2 Likes

Well I omly made over 100k once so your winning.

What do you do don’t you have a business? And an accountant?

I have a side medical buisness so I use it for anything I can my company is technically putting me through school.
Actually I just ordered 2 pairs of new cloths for work I get a embroidery company to put my company name on each item and write it off as advertised.

Since I’m tall my specialty tall stores cost more and all American stuff.

2 hoodies
2 pairs of nice swests
2 thermal long sleeves

• embroidery fee
1 Like

Haha I do that with side job doing home remodeling I got my llc. But my full time job kills me when I do crazy over time

1 Like

Started a new business. Carpentry. When sh!t goes right I can generate 5-10k a week.

With the new start up it’s hit and miss.

I got friends who do pavers and brick work that generate 15-20k a week.

That’s awesome for the schooling perk!
I went to school to be a cop. Yep. A cop. Failed the psych exam. Flying colors everywhere else. But they make 23-27/hour here usd. N now everyone hates the police.

1 Like

Is that profit or sales

If the police went so military style and broken livening cheating thieves ide be a cop