Jacks experience?

I don’t doubt at all.
I feel there will be a point when I won’t have to buy this way…but until I know a lot more…I can’t manipulate or mix my own teas! Lol…

2 Likes

Imo the key is to start with something balanced that you have confidence in. From there you will just have to take things as they come. You may never fully understand the chemistry end of mixing plant nutrients. But you will learn what can and can’t or should and shouldn’t do with them if you stick with it long enough.

4 Likes

Lol
That is exactly what happen to me when I called and got a hold of a jr peters rep haha
I even mentioned jacks 321 recipe and he supposedly did not know what I was talking about.
But he sure did recommend one of there different packages which carries like 5-8 different nutes.
I use the same recipe as @Myfriendis410 eith great results so far.

5 Likes

Prior to all this part A or part B bs, 321 was also the directions on the bag haha. It may still be there, got me. I don’t buy part A, I go to dealer and get jacks professional hydroponic blend.

2 Likes

Canna is quality stuff, just very pricey. All their stuff is really good stuff, I agree pk was useless. EC was really high imo. I appreciate you explaining jacks better to us. I have never used anything other than tap system, which I get great results from. Of course I use other supplements as well.

1 Like

@dbrn32 and then there is Dr. Bruce Bugbee, Utah State. He has even simplified it further. 20-10-20 peters special peat blend .6 grams per liter (1.3 EC solution). He adds vermiculite, lime and gypsum to his peat.
I have used his peat formula but not the 20-10-20.

4 Likes

Exactly how I’m going at it!:+1:

2 Likes

That just feels way to low dosage I preload my coco with 18 tablespoons 5-3-3 and they can handle full strength jacks 321 1.5 weeks in and that’s what 7.2 grams per gallon( something like 2 grams per litre) I do use humic and fulvic and that does increase absorption rates but still

This is Dr Bugbee and one of his videos where he provides the application rates I mentioned.

2 Likes

:joy:haven’t watched yet,or maybe I have,but iv seen him lecture before…:+1:

I do not disagree that 1.3EC is low. Jack’s 321 formula for most of veg & flower is almost 2X that with PPM of 1200 with EC of 2.4. He has grown cannabis in an academic setting for decades and apparently this is what he found to work consistently.

Funny. Have small lemon tree clipping, given to me and not doing to well, decided to see what they like…jack’s fruit tree is 20-10-20…I looked back at kit I ordered from them, and the nutes for ‘clones’ was the closest…I got a lemon tree that’s gonna get some that …lol…whenever it gets here…

1 Like

I use r/o water only. For about 4 runs now I have used the 12-4-16 from Jacks. I do not use a scale to measure but use 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of 12-4-16 and 1/4 teaspoon of epsom per gallon. I run this all the way with the exception of Jacks 10-30-20 for the first few weeks of flower. Excellent results! Good luck!!

3 Likes

Hey sry for reply on older thread but I had the same question myself. I came to the conclusion that there are a lot of cannabis growser that love colorful, expensive specialty nutes/formulas and I assume they’re leveraging the marketplace. I don’t believe they’re selling anything substandard or wrong, I’ve used their products and love them - they’re just selling to their audience. Thoughts?

Definitely something like that. Grow your business by expanding product line. Market the new product line as better than previous.

1 Like