Jacks experience?

You can use tap water with any Jack’s, Tap system is just formulated for city tap water is all. You still need to PH to water to whatever medium you’re using though. Jack’s 321 has calmag in it, so you don’t need to add. In Tap system you will need to add calmag. Oh and I always vent off my tap water using a 5 gallon bucket, airpump and stone. You can go to walmart and get all that for less than $20. It vents off the chlorine and hard chemical in the water, while adding oxygen to it at the same time.

So I use the 3-2-1: 3.6 g Part A, 2.4 g Part B and 1.2 g Epsom Salt. Silica is added before anything else and I do an additional component the first 3 weeks of flower: MKP or Monopotassium Phosphate. This adds a P, K boost ahead of flowering and appears to do a nice job.

You can run Jack’s full strength from seedling to harvest. So long as you monitor your runoff TDS you will never overdo it.

2 Likes

I’m not really familiar with this blend, but npk ratio seems pretty similar to that of using 321 recipe which is about 3-1-4. On .5 scale i think that puts K around 200ppm? I’m pretty sure is also about same 200ish ppm using 2,2,2,1.2 with mkp. And is also about the same as running Lucas, Megacrop, master blend, and veg+bloom.

Is it also your opinion that all of those lack potassium for flowering? Or maybe just misinterpreted a solution with low overall concentration?

1 Like

I was speaking in terms of the Tap system and what they were going to buy.

2 Likes

Basic Jack’s 321 formulas. I measure my water in liters so this is my conversion

I think the youtube reference is about mixing order.
During the first couple of weeks I use Bloom. It replaces parts A & B when used.
I use well water with adequate calcium so it is really easy for me to use.

2 Likes

I’m going to assume since I ordered the distilled or rainwater system that the micro stuff is added.
My assumption is that they are mixing in water the water I choose is lacking?

So not in regards to the 12-4-16 that is quoted then? Again, I haven’t used the 12-4-16 but looking at it on paper seems to have similar amounts to 321 recipe.

I don’t use the 321 recipe, I was speaking for TAP system.

This is why I asked.
That doesn’t seem right for flower…he pretty much have me the answer I was thinking…but I’m just tryn to learn all this…I have wondered why the boost in the ilgm nutes wasn’t used more often as well, it seems more balance for flower from what I thought I was reading here and there,I was guessing that you just can’t shove to much down it’s throat sort of thing…lol

2 Likes

Not to sure on that one. Maybe email Jack’s and ask…I’ll tag @Hellraiser, he may know. Also @dbrn32 is here and knows a ton more than I do on nutes. I just have experience with the TAP system and Canna nutes.

2 Likes

I look at the values on each stage of Jack’s nutes. I use Tap system, not 321. But I was told by a more experienced grower that you don’t want too much Nitrogen during flower, which the 12-4-16 might be too hot. My setup is what I sent you earlier,

*Jack’s 15-6-17 Clone 1 kg bag

• Jack’s 15-5-20 Tap 1 kg bag
  • Jack’s 10-30-20 Bloom 1 kg bag
  • Jack’s 7-15-30 Finisher 1 kg bag
  • Jack’s 3.5 Gallon Mixing Bucket with Lid
    so my understanding is during flower- I use bloom, less hot than the 12-4-16 in terms of nitrogen.
1 Like

Either way, stick with the recommended dosage at first until you get used to it. Hellraiser and others have had to adjust 321. I have not with Tap setup.

1 Like

Yes, the numbers seem reasonable to me,from other stuff i read.

1 Like

same here, I’m no expert though. I just go from what others have taught me and trying it. Canna nutes were a pain in the butt to measure and mix. Jack’s is simple. You’ll love it.

2 Likes

Ups and a new light just showed up.
My dog gets wound up by ups truck as I do​:joy::metal::v:

2 Likes

sweet, what kinda light did you end up getting?

1 Like

I have a theory, and I will pitch… Jacks 321 recipe has been used for years to successfully grow cannabis. It was well known among that group that jacks also wouldn’t support cannabis growers up until recently. To the tune of they would hang up on you if you even mentioned cannabis. Times have changed obviously, and they now are not only supporting but are also marketing to cannabis growers. So my question is this, why did the move suddenly come with new packaging of old products? And of course an extended line?

Is it because these new bags are better products? Or maybe just because cannabis growers are always looking to buy something that is marketed as better? I have no doubt that if I called them they will have multiple reasons on why I should buy 5 or more bags from them as opposed to the 1 bag I feel I have been plenty successful with. It’s possible there is new research that I’m just not aware of. But it’s also possible that several of these “new” or newly labeled products are unnecessary.

6 Likes

Amazon…I have 2 already…1000LED…actually on uses 100watts.
Only measure I have is lux app.
Get about 33,000lux all the way to the soil. It’s
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V1J5Z7B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes

I thought the canna stuff worked pretty good. Pk was useless as they instructed to use imo, boost is pricey, and their recommended ec was a little high. But once you get a feel for it I think is as good as anything else. Not as cost-effective and easy as dry 3 part tho, I agree.

I have one that’s a 1500 as well…I don’t know enuff to know diff,yet,l,but I can afford these and they seem better than some I’ve seen others spend way more for

2 Likes