Jacks correct mixing

Could someone please tell me the correct mixing sequence for Jacks 321! @Borderryan22 @MeEasy @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower

3 Likes

It is part A first then Epson salt and last part B. You can use some warm water to mix it in, helps to dissolve quicker.

5 Likes

Part A
Epsom (you can add the A and Epsom together)
Part B

Using tap water…
Make sure Part A and the Epsom are well dissolved before adding Part B. You shoukd end up with a clear solution that has a slightly off clear tint. If your final mixture is cloudy or has chunks, then it was mixed improperly.

If using RO or distilled water…
You will need a pH buffer before mixing. Silica is the most common use.
Add silica first and mix the snot out of it. Then add your Jacks in previous stated order.

Of course, after mixing, make sure your solution is properly pH’ed for your medium. Soil is 6.2-.8. Coco is 5.8-6.0.

I have found using my tap water, that i don’t need to adjust pH for soil growing, when using Jack’s. Coco growing, and adding silica first, I rarely need to adjust pH.

Hope this helps!!!

10 Likes

@Borderryan22 can you suggest a good liquid silica? And how much and how often would you use it when growing in coco?

1 Like

I’m using Armor So by GH right now. There are better, more concentrated brands but it works fine. After day 7 I use it (and all other nutrients) every day. No silica in the last week or so before flush. I start off with .5ml per gallon up to 1.5-2ml mid flower then back off it some. I’m sure there are other ways but the first feed schedule I used worked well and that’s how it dosed silica.

3 Likes

this is new to me, whats the reasoning behind this

2 Likes

Not only am I late to the show but I have to say “I don’t know Jack” I’ve never used it so I have nothing for you on this one

8 Likes

I use Silica Blast. I just started another coco run. I use it every time I mix my nutes.

2 Likes

To me as well. I use dehumidifier water when available. I mix Jack’s as described Part A first, Epsom second then Part B. I mix in a 5 gallon bucket and use a wave runner to aid mixing. No special buffering. When I use silica, which is only during flower, I mix before anything else.
Regarding adding FishSh’t or Tribus Original (microbes in general) some say to add after the feed solution is ph adjusted before adding any microbes. The argument is concentrated ph adjusters kill microbes. I do not follow this regime. I add last after all nutrients then ph adjust.

3 Likes

The mix sequence stated above is what you want to do and I would suggest the use of silica throughout the grow. It is always added first.

5 Likes

What dosage do you use, my friend? Similar to @Outlaw’s?

I use the normal 3-2-1 ratio: 3.6 g Part A, 2.4 g Part B and 1.2 g Epsom per gallon. At the flip I change to a modified version for 3 weeks: 2 g Part A, 2 g Part B, 2 g Epsom and 1.2 of MKP (Monopotassium Phosphate). Then resume the 3-2-1 program.

3 Likes

This is how i mix it also
321. A, B, Epsom.

I think he’s asking how much silica you guys use.

1 Like

I use the volume ratio for Jacks… I think it’s easier - bought 1/2 teaspoon size measuring spoon.

Part A - 1/2 teaspoon per gal
Epson Salt- 1/4 teaspoon per gal
Part B - 1/2 teaspoon per gal

Mix each in the above order individually and make sure completely dissolved before proceeding to next one.

Easy peasy…

Thanks everyone for the information! I was alittle confused but i"ve got it now.@Myfriendis410 @Borderryan22 @VirginiaGrowBoy @beachglass @Outlaw @ShockDog @beardless @Deepsix

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply anyway

2 Likes