Jacks 321, whats your experience, info?

I’m currently running Jacks 321, n FF side by side. I got no connections to a certain product, but for the last year r so I been running Jacks. I, like ur self questioned FF prices. N after the 3rd bottle of Grow Big, I’m certain the fine folks at FF truly believe that they got Au n them bottles.
I’m firmly n their corner when it comes to soil. I’m not a believer that u shouldn’t feed for however long because everyone says the FFOF is “hot”. Actually I’m not an everyone say’s type n feed everything full strength from jump street. Jacks, FF, GH, don’t make no difference what the name is on the label. If the numbers work I’ll give it a go round. But when the numbers turn to dollars, I’ll take pause n go with whatever works best n the long run.
For me at this point it’s Jacks 321, simple to mix, n I’m getting great results. Good luck to u, I truly hope u find what works for ya…:peace_symbol: :heart_decoration:. :musical_note:

3 Likes

@JustGrowIN_0NE tbh I used it last week took both soil and run off samples and Nitrogen was through the roof but phosphorus and potassium both =0 and I mixed 1 gal full strength took multiple samples same results so idk

Thank you. 2 half pound grove bags filled but with enough room to breathe. Humidistats in bags are reading 60%. Finally finished trimming my forth and final girl this afternoon after they hung in the tent since they were chopped on 3/8.

I absolute abhor trimming! Luckily for me, I’ve a few buddies that swear it’s cathartic for them, and they help for flower. Runtz headed into the flower tent tomorrow so I can use my veg area to get my garden veggies germinated.

3 Likes

Update 6 days later numbers increased so I’m guessing time and consistency is key, I’ll stick with jacks

I’m gonna give it a try this season…My plants have been coming out pretty damn good…So from the members who use Jacks who get good results ,I’m thinking its worth a try from getting “pretty Damn good” to Great! will be interesting…I can always use my FF and Bergman’s for other non cannabis plants…The only way to really improve sometimes takes chance and of course money…experimenting with Jacks should be fun…couldn’t hurt.

5 Likes

This is my first grow and decided to go with Jack’s tap and silica. It is definitely easy but don’t have anything to compare to. My question is how often do you feed? Is it every watering or does it depend on runoff readings? Those readings I haven’t got my head wrapped around yet.

1 Like

Do u have a TDS meter? If not get one, the meter will tell u when and how much u need to feed as well as how often. When feeding most will feed then water then feed.

2 Likes

Dont make too much of this in your head. Once u get it, it is easy piesy. Mixing, testing is so simple. Ck utube and you can probably see a TDS reading, watering to runoff on vids. I had to do this when i 1st started as i had never grown anything when i started. It helped me to see the technics used.

2 Likes

I used cocopearl and fed every day with jacks and silica. I grew in 7 gallon pots that are actually probably a true 5 gallon. Always making sure the coco stayed wet till the next watering. I thought high fertigation sounded wasteful but like i said the pla ts are so healthy compared to using fox farm ill keep doong what i did this time. Probably try to tweak it a little bit as i get some more grows done this way

That will depend on your medium if your in soil you have to wait until the nutrients are used up then it would be every watering. In coco you would feed jacks from day one.

I’m in soil. Been feeding for a while. I was going every water but wasn’t sure, so I started every other water. I read my ph before and after but not really sure what it means. Way lost on understanding tds/ec numbers and meaning.

2 Likes

Refresh: Where you at in your grow.

1 Like

Saw first bud sign on 4/13. Fed Jack’s bloom again tonight.

1 Like

I would upload a picture but don’t want to hijack this thread. I have an early picture on another thread I started. Need to update that one.

1 Like

Hijacking Don’t see it being a issue figuring it out prehaps ya get some good pointers grow some nice bud.

These are the latest pictures. FFOF soil, 5 gal. cloth, HLG 600Rspec (it came into the picture late).

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s an Afghan/Hawaian photo, that was a freebie. I originally thought it was either Durbin Poison or Jack Herer, both autos I ordered. After I got tired of waiting for a change, I changed lights to 12/12 schedule. Then she started showing signs of bud. I first found this plant back in late October when I was doing fall cleaning.

1 Like

Your PH should be 6.5-6.8 :thinking: Been awhile since I grew in soil. Feed every watering, A plant like that you can water daily. May consider trimming her up that would cut down on a few things.
Run off and ph numbers I wouldn’t be concerned about unless the plant is looking sad. Water for 20-25% run off every time with jacks trim her up I see nice flowers .

EDIT: What you put in is what matters

EDIT EDIT: Nice Plant

1 Like

Thanks @TLC, @JustGrowIN_0NE , @Audiofreak . I am going in at 6.5 or real close. Lately the runoff ph has been lower. I do “water” daily now. Was concerned about trimming because I originally thought it was an auto. Thinking about using a 7 gal. next time, so as to water less often. I also do have a Apera tds/ec meter but haven’t put the time in to figuring it out. I just want to harvest lbs. and get high yesterday. Patience isn’t my best virtue.
PS: I did get high yesterday, so disregard that part.

3 Likes

Nice plant you got there, i just started using jacks as well but i do rdwc