Jack's 321 Questions

Hello everyone, getting the last bit of my stuff I’m missing together. I’m using soil and I know everyone recommends Jacks 321. It’s supposedly for Hydro but have seen where people use for soil. I am assuming you just mix in your water before watering.
That said I have also looked to order Jack’s 321 on Amazon and there are lots of different ones. Also some of the bags are Super expensive. I did see one for sale for what seemed like good deal and is in a clear bag. Not sure which one I need to order. I am using oceans farms and happy frog so I should be good on nutes for a while longer but want to get them and know what to do when time comes. My plants are only 2 weeks old from day of germination. Appreciate any help.

2 Likes

Jacks 321 part A and Part B and Epson salt, you can get smaller quantities on Amazon where someone buys the big bags and divides it in smaller bags for resale.

5 Likes

Like @BudzMS that’s how I bought mine on e-bay.

3 Likes

Ahh OK I was assuming that was what someone had done but wasn’t sure. The big bags were like $100+ a pop and I just bought an HLG 550 I don’t have extra funds for $300+ in nutrients for my first grow lol thank you for that answer

4 Likes

i bought the bags that were down sized, if i like it then ill buy the big ones

1 Like

Thanks, I bought the 2lb one on Amazon, figured should be enough to get me through and if I like it I’ll buy a bunch next go around.

2 Likes

I switched from FF nutes to Jack’s 321. So much easier schedule. As long as you test runoff numbers, you’ll be good.

3 Likes

Thank you, i will definitely do that and figured Jacks was good since everyone recommends them just like i am super happy with my HLG which was also very highly recommended.

1 Like

I just finished my 1st 2lb bag of jacks part A. It really lasts quite a while. I was sitting here trying to think of how many plants I’ve grown with it but I’m too stoned… :laughing: The 1st bag of part B still has a ways to go…

2 Likes

Awesome, I have 3 auto flowers im doing now for my first grow so long as it last through this I’m good lol

Congrats on the HLG light, and as for the Jacks, that should get you through your 3 auto’s and then some. I’ve completed 2, and working on 2 more now they are in Coco. I have 8 going outdoors in Promix that I’m using Jacks for the 1st time this summer in, and still using the 1st 2 lb kit that I purchased on ebay. The stuff works very well. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

you will need a scale to weigh the jacks, which i think is easier

2 Likes

I got one I bought to measure the nutrients I had bought so I should be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sounds like ur good to go, keep us posted

Ppms or ph on the run offs or both?

Part A application rate - 3.6 grams per gallon
There are 454 grams in a pound (454g X 2 = 900 (close enough))
At the conventional 321 rate, 2# of Part A will make 250 gallons of mix. (900 / 3.6 = 250 gallons)
Part B will make 375 gallons

2 Likes