Jack's 321 in soil

Yes they do but I couldn’t link it due to forum rules. I just wanted you to see what the bags look like. I ordered directly from jacks. Apologies, I should have mentioned that.

Looks like you have autos. I know autos like less feeding so I’m not sure on the frequency of feeding for Jack’s on autos. It is gentle so may be ok to go full on with it. @Nicky is actually running jacks this round so maybe follow along to see how he does with feeding.

1 Like

I saw that last night and was reading. He is in coco so a little different but I’m following. @BobbyDigital thanks.

2 Likes

If your in soil, as I used to be before I learned how amazing coco is.
Then a soil sample or run off sample will be ideal as you need to know the tds, this will let you know what amount of nutrients are available in the soil /water.

You’ll want to feed once your soil has 1000 tds or less.
Once I had to start feeding in soil I would always water first, test run off then feed with that nutrient load in mind.
Otherwise your feeding blind

Ensure once you start feeding nutrients to give 20% run off to avoid a salt based ph root zone lockout.

2 Likes

@Nicky thanks for the info. I’ve seen/read that here on other threads. That’s what I’m planning on doing. Ph and TDS meter will be here this week. Still haven’t hit the go switch yet. I want to get everything set up and see space to get an idea how to put it all together.

1 Like

@Nicky I read the info at cocoforcanna the other day and the idea of it makes sense to me but the daily or multiple watering makes me think twice. I sometimes am.gone for long weekends so idk if that would work.

Then you need to grow like me my friend.
I welcome you to the world of autopots.
I strongly strongly suggest you read this article (click the summerize button to shorten it to the important parts if need be, it’s located in the first post)
Then go buy a spring pot system and a buy or make a larger feed tank.

I leave for 8 days to two weeks depending on how many plants, time of year (summer they drink more) and size of plants.

This is my new journal, just getting started.

I’ve looked at them after reading and was curious. I am already reading that other thread as well. @Nicky

1 Like

@Nicky I have a question (or a million actually). So I ordered some tribus and silica after reading other threads here and emailing back and forth w the jack’s expert. If I’m not adding nutrients to my ffhf/of mix for several weeks, should I be using the tribus? When and how much? When would I also use the silica?

1 Like

@KPC I use tribus from the first water on to about the first day of actual flower. Same with silica but I keep using it for flower as it makes for a good ph up.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital at what rates?

@KPC 1ml per gallon for both.

1 Like

Tribus you can use all through veg and stretch, you can also use it longer but most effect should be seen in veg. Depends how you decide to feed in flower.
I personally run my microbes the full grow, I’m running fishsh!t by fish head farms tribus has good reviews to.
Feel free to ask away I’ll answer what I can and if I can’t answer it I would love to have that because then I’ll learn something lol.
I just won’t be replying fast about this time every day because works busy right now.

1 Like

Hola Folks,

First post , noob grower. Got my seeds from ILGM and plan on using Jacks 321 in FFOF.
Let me start by saying that I won’t be starting the Jacks until the FFOF is depleted of nutes.

A few questions for the community that I can’t seem to get definitive answers for regarding mixing and feeding.

First, can I mix jacks in a smaller container to dissolve the nutes then add the dissolved contents to my gallon jugs of water?
Secondly, how ofter are you soil growers feeding Jacks to your plants? Every watering? Every other watering? Once a week?

Just want to make sure I’m doing things properly. I’ve watched the Jacks mixing vid and I personally don’t have a 1 gallon beaker to mix nutes lol. But I want to use something smaller in glass so I can see that everything is dissolved properly then dump it into gallon jugs full of water.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Chef

That’s exactly how I do it. I use 3 gallon containers, I have three smaller containers and pour water into each, leaving some room to be able to shake nutes vigorously. Measure nutrients and put into smaller containers. Then pour back into 3 gallon containers. This is much better than attempting to shake up a 3 gallon container. Welcome to ILGM forum

1 Like

I use a mixture of FF OF and FF Coco Loco, usually Veg for 6 weeks. For the most part I don’t start Jack’s until first week or two after flipping lights. Once I start nutrients I use Jack’s full strength with every watering.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for the response bro! How long can you store the containers? Is it better to use them quickly or can you get away with mixing up enough to get through a week or two? Just curious how long the shelf life is once mixed.

1 Like

Awesome info my friend!

There shouldn’t be a problem mixing and storing for up to a couple of weeks. Just be sure to check ph before using stored mixture. PH may drift up or down after sitting for a while.

1 Like

Should I ppm as well? Do you feed to a certain amount of runoff?

1 Like

I have been using same methods for several grows, so I don’t worry about ppm’s unless I detect a issue. I will check ppm’s once,when I flip lights, just to see where they are. If ppm’s are 1000 or under coming out, I start Jack’s and generally won’t have to check again. Until you get dialed in on use, I would recommend checking ppm’s before going to flower. FF Soil can be different bag to bag. Your ppm’s will likely be high all through veg, depending on how long you stay in Veg. Once you flip to flower the nutrients in soil will likely drop quickly.

1 Like