Jacks 321, does it need a supplement in flower?

Hi, I’ve been using Jacks 321 for about a year now and love it because it’s so easy and doesnt play havoc with ph levels. last grow I did og kush fem and superskunk, all in foxfarm the og didn’t really swell up like usual but the superskunk had beauttiful fat hard buds. My question is, is there anything I should be using in flower?

2 Likes

There are companies that produce bloom boosters, but all these products are is a concentrated P and K. You can achieve the same thing by adding a little extra Part A.

6 Likes

That’s what I was hoping someone would say, thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

Bump part A up a little, and back off part B just a whee bit. 4-2-1. Adds PK and doesn’t really add the N since that’s basically all part B is.

3 Likes

Some growers will add MKP to the mix in flower.
I go by Greengenes mixture in flower, except for Most, I just add the MKP.
It’s cheap and you’ll only use it for a few weeks each grow so it lasts forever

Best of Luck to you!

1 Like

My previous run I went 2/2/2/1.2mpk (flower fuel) for 3 weeks at the start of flower and wasn’t real happy. This run I’m just playing with the a and b like mentioned above and seem to be doing better. Only other thing I put in fairly regular is some silica

1 Like

I do this for the first 3 weeks after flip then resume 3-2-1.

3 Likes

What is MPK? Product?, neuts?, Brand name? Wtf?

Monopotassium phosphate

2 Likes

So the 321 formula needs to be amended in flower?

mpk - monopotassium phosphate 0-52-34
I bought the bulk repckaged generic stuff on amazon 1# was $23

Many 321 users do not. Others that are like me need to tinker a bit.
I used the same formula @Pinboy used Part A-2/Part B-2/ Epsom-2 and MKP1.2 grams/gallon.
I also add some advanced nutrient flower enhancers at reduced rates like Big Bud and Nirvana that I had left over from pre Jacks. I also add Silica during flower. I add microbes from the get-go. FishSh!t, or Voodoo Juice & Piranha. I have tribus original waiting in the wings for next grow.

3 Likes

I’ve only used tribus and thus far it’s been working well in the autopots. The silica I learned the hard way needs to be very well mixed

I have always used liquid silica. Either Rhino Skin or Silica Boost from Bloom City. Add to water first and I always put a Wave Maker in the bucket when mixing. Have not had an issue.

1 Like

Same. In the beginning I wasn’t letting it mix long enough. Another lesson learned!

1 Like

The one I use.

1 Like

I would back off the N when they hit flower mode. P is commonly overrated kind of like calmag when growing in soil. I wouldnt worry about your P uptake so much as i would K. K is often overlooked. Its essential in root development hence big roots big buds…