Jacks 321 BUT what else?

I grow a single plant at a time in a 3x3 tent. I introduce Jacks 321 after about a month of veg and use it for each watering until harvest. I use FFOF soil. Results have been great so far.

If I I were to add 1 other supplement beyond Jacks321 to kick my grow up a notch - what supplement would you suggest?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I would certainly add silica.
More importantly are beneficial root enhancers. Examples:
Growers Recharge
Tribus original
FishSh’t
Great White
to name just a few.

5 Likes

Do you use in hydro or autopots? Curious.

1 Like

That is a great combination.
I am not sure as to the cause but Jacks Blossom Booster fell out of suspension in the autopot trays. It also clogged up the filter inside the reservoir.

I switched to 2-2-2-MKP formula instead.

2 Likes

Molasses, and myco product of some kind

Compost teas? :))

Epsom Salt 3.6g/gal - .317g/liter
Booster 5.6g/gal - 1.48g/liter
Voodoo Juice
Bud Candy
Rhino skin silica - liquid always first
I use a wave make for mixing and one runs 24/7 in the reservoir.

I have no clue as to what happens. The 3 advanced nutrient products are all approved for hydro use.
But something did not get along with each other.
I really should mix a small batch and see what happens

1 Like

I know some soils have some but I have always supplemented with liquid Si. The vermiculite you add to peat is also a good source. When I tried Dr. Bugbee’s peat recipe I still added Si.

Started using jack bloom booster since it came with the kit…do you notice any difference?

Also going to try the jack finish makes no sense letting it go to waste

interesting. not heard of using it. Is the same stuff that packaged graded cheese is coated with so it doesn’t stick together?

That looks more like silica precipitate: may have not dissolved into solution completely for some reason.

I found it makes outdoor grows, in the high desert, a bit more forgiving. I trashed my first attempt and the only thing I changed during round 2 was silica.

4 Likes

Silica is not really necessary in soil. Doesn’t hurt to add it if you want the extra disease protection etc. It is necessary for plant structure as well as trichome production.

1 Like

So only use it in flowing?

1 Like

I use it from start to finish: silica strengthens the outer layer of the stalk which helps with disease and pest protection as well as trichome stalks being composed primarily of silica.

2 Likes

Every feeding or on nuts or watering only days?

What has me confused is it was Rhino Skin liquid. And, it gets added to the water first. Is that still possible? I continue to run it or Silica Boost through the autopots without issue.
I have not used Blossom Booster since. MKP instead. I am happy with MKP results. I have not tried Jack’s Finish yet. I have a bunch. Somehow I double ordered.

1 Like

Armor Si has done it to me a couple of times. No idea why.

Try skipping silica in beginning and see what your ph comes to. I always add silica last used as ph up, you just have to make sure your solution is mixed well then dilute 5-10ml in a cup of water. I will add the diluted silica solution while stirring until my ph comes up to 5.8.