Jackie Daytona's 4th White Widow Grow

my babies have seem to have slowed right down so i did a flush with all 30 this evening so ill have a look tomorrow and post pics too

1 Like

new update pics as promised and it looks like the flush is doing the trick

2 Likes

those are looking great. great job.

1 Like

thankyou very much

1 Like

@Hellraiser It’s nearly harvest time here and i am prepping for the next run. I am looking at the radicle bags and know you use them// I have a question. Have you noticed an increase in humidity with them? Thats really my only concern. I would up to 5 gal radicle after my plastic 1 gallons. thanks for the input

1 Like

harvest 2 plants today 1 in the 4x4 and 1 in the 4x8. the nugs were super dense and cloudy fat trichomes. the bottoms were a little less dense but I decided that was a trade off i was willing to make. Last time I let the ones go that were done first I ran into issues. I bought another 4x4 just for drying the early finishers and popped it another room as the Rh in here in @46 right now and that just wont work for drying. getting the feel for the room as i have never dried in it before. temps around 70-72 and rh floating around 60 … this will change throughout the coming days so ill be keeping an eye on things and making adjustments to the ac and dehumidifier if i need tot turn it on.

Just removing these two plants and pots has helped bring my rh down as well. Which is a big relief going into the home stretch here.

1 Like

I dry at 40RH and try to boost it with a humidfior but yeah I don’t get a very long dry it sucks lol…

@Covertgrower I noticed way back you said you try to encourage stretch Durring transition? Why?
I try to control it with blasting light because I want the buds to stay together and make nice colas. Also try not to grow into my lights which already is a normal struggle lol.

2 Likes

I also dropped 9 more White widow last night. all but one sank and cracked so they went into the damp paper towel/ zip lock and into a cabinet. If I have tales tonight or in the morning which i am sure I will I will be transplanting them and doing everything the same as this grow. The non sinker ill give a little time to crack if not I’ll toss it and drop another or may just go with 2 in the 4x4 and prune them out a little different.

1 Like

i usually get 7-9 days of drying when they are all packed into the 2 tents hanging. It may change this go around. Especially if i keep adding early finishers to the new tent as I go. which longer dry is not a bad thing.

1 Like

There are a number of reasons why I encourage stretch.
I like the flower spacing to stretch out a little, so the flowers fill in later in flowering. It’s not wrong, it’s just different. Short compact plants work just the same. Some strains have zero stretch, and I try to encourage those to stretch too, but plants do what they want.

3 Likes

Do they ever lol!
Not being able to be in my garden on a regular basis only two or three days every 2 weeks definitely has me doing things differently than if I was able to be in the garden on a more regular basis.

2 Likes

I don’t even know what that is like. i would like to take a trip to see family but I just don’t know anyone that can do everything required to keep these plants going. adjustments to lighting/ temps and rh. Mixing the jacks and watering properly. Sucking the water out of the pots. Everything has to be done in such a precise manner or things go south fast. I have dreams of a semi automated system in a real grow room and not in tents. One i could walk away from for a few days and someone could monitor… but thats just a dream for now.

Autopots and temp/humidity controllers.
Top water for 14 days or so, fill reservoir once a week and use Jack’s, have to FIM at 4th/5th node then I leave them to veg (running autos is ideal one less step), once 4th or 5th week comes crank lights and adjust due to stretch. Fill reservoir with mkp Jack’s booster for two weeks, on 3rd week boost mag sulfate and part A in Jack’s but back to non mkp mix, defoilate and Lolipop, let flower. Watch for signs of fox tailing on week 5 of flower onward, dial down lights to 45 DLI, wait for tricombs to be ready.
48 darkness, chop in dark.
Toss it all in the freezer and then in the bubble hash machine 2 days later then into the freezer, microplane and cure it on a pizza box and then collect after a week. When ready squeeze it into live rosin. Or trim, dry cure, which sucks but my dad loves flower so I do it for him and his sativas.

But yeah I fill the reservoirs once every 2 weeks because I have two and my girlfriend just flips from rex one to rez two.

Of course when I come home I check the garden and maybe adjust fans and do mis stuff but majority of the grow we can leave for 3 days up to 8 days before I start to worry even know I could tie both rezervoirs together if need be.
The biggest thing is I dont have a camera or a sensor to tell me if one isn’t getting water or if we have a leak so a check in once a week is ideal just for peace of mind. I wish I could raise lights remotely and I’m sure I could but it’s not worth it for this setup I would do it on something larger like 8 plants in one tent or room or something.

So glad I got away from reading run off and hand watering.

3 Likes

Biggest raise in humidity was moving from plastic pots to fabric pots but the move to mesh (Radicle or Rain Science) the humidity is pretty much the same as the fabric pots.

3 Likes

thanks for the response. I was looking at the radicle bags Ijust can’t have my humidity go up so I am leery at the change. I have been tossing my old bags and the cost over time is adding up. I was also curious at to fungus gnat access. however we use the mosquito bits so that shouldn’t be an issue. Or not one that last long.

Yeah the open mesh gives fungus gnats a bit more access but they seem to hang out more at the top of the medium regardless and I run Mosquito Bits all the time anyway (feels like it).

2 Likes

If humidity is an issue you can go plastic (with autopots as well)
But why are you throwing your your fabric bags? I’ve only had to throw 1 out in 3 years…

3 Likes

because i don’t care to deal with dumping them and cleaning them up to be honest. I’d have to take them to the car wash to spray them out and it would just be a hassle. I did it my first run and after that i was like nope.

Don’t you have a compost? I just dump. Mine and then re fill them with coco and perlite and re grow in it. The new plant doesn’t care.
With the autopots I can get alot of salt build. Up so I have ran them through the washing machine once and a while when the wifey not home lol.

2 Likes

quick update. this ones in the bag. has been for a few weeks for the most part. I didn’t take any photos as it pretty much just looks like all the others. The new grow is already in 1 gallon pots and has been for a little while. I think they will be transplanted to 5 gallon fabric tomorrow. 8 White widow and one " lake tahoe" which is blue dream and blue afghan. I will be hitting them with some neem as a preventative tonight right before lights out also. Something I have not done in the past.

After this last run I have to say I am getting a little burnt out. Not on growing but just our grow in general. I have come to hate grow tents and the space limitations as well as just our general setup. The next may be my last of this scale unless we can find a new place where I can have proper ac and dehumidification setup as well as ventilation. I would also like some automation so I am not slave to the grow. Time will tell.

Once again I must say none of this would have been possible without the great people here on this forum.

2 Likes