Jackie Daytona's 4th White Widow Grow

I think you meant that it will not cause any issues. Lol.
But my grow did well, with just the 321 recipe to the end.

2 Likes

I meant cutting the part B back and issues. lol

2 Likes

A little less part b would probably not hurt at this point as I usually stopped giving calmag after 5 or 6 weeks and never saw any deficiencies doing so. Once I hit flowering I cut part b down a little to 2.2g and upped part A to 4g. Still in my mindset that there should be a little more P & K in flowering and a little less N and my natural inability to not mess with stuff and always want to tweak it a bit, it’s a disease.

I’ll probably drop part b to 2g after mid flowering, just watch out for any of those brown dots on leaves telling you there’s a calcium deficiency, if so, then kick part b back up.

3 Likes

I have upped my part A to 4g as well as I had previously noticed they looked hungry during flower and I am not seeing that it is hurting. The reduction of part B was the same mindset also. However with my added heat that may not be the best route at this time. thanks for the input. always appreciated.

2 Likes

day 42 flower.
Ive got a few that are standing out from the others. this one the smallest in the 4x8 looks completely different that any of the others. almost reminds me of wedding cake.

4x4 plants

4x8

some are going to be done before others clearly,. however i am not going to let them all go to long like last time. that cost me a lot in the end.

3 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona , just curious. What negative issues did you have running too long last time?

1 Like

i Got some botrytis in a couple of my largest tops. Which in turn i had to go over the entire grow with a loop. which really sucked. that and losing some massive tops. they were really dense.

1 Like

@Jackie_Daytona , well I had to google that one! I’d never heard the term. You think it was humidity induced like bud rot or just something that pops up?
Sucks to hear the trouble it caused on good flower.

1 Like

how do you get them so bushy , if its with defoliating then how often and how much i have some hardy white widows at 2 and half weeks into veg and i took some leaves but im not getting the results you are please tell me the secrets jackie lass

1 Like

so are4 you saying jackie that the issue was the lights were too close for the time in there lives

1 Like

yea a little close/ intense causing them to you more calcium for how developed they were. So i backed the lights off and new growth was fine. The damaged grow sill never heal do it if is real bad I pluck the leaf or trim the damage away. . I don’t like leaving damaged leaves on the plant as they are a weak point for disease to enter the plant. IMO.

1 Like

They will really explode on you soon. I found it is best to try and set them up before flip and try and shape them how you want them early and through the grow cycle or they will turn into something from jumanji on you. No joke. my last run got away from me and were over 6’ tall. total nightmare.

8848eb9713f7f9a72cbaccd926a412ef4747af4d_2_690x345
5d0d5f4599a4e1a6deb0e5eff0b31f84dabe5545_2_690x345
5f4c765c783e5f228486c52571c909a0c81c80ed_2_690x345

I topped between 3 and 4th node when they were small. Then as soon as possible I started with some LST with soft wire tie. To get them opened up.
520dca8dcf2d424bf045195758c71c6255abce0b_2_690x345
I keep adjusting ties as needed as the plants grow then pull them off before flip… I did not scrog this grow. I started to then pulled the net and went with stakes and ties to position and support branches. I decided i wanted “some” space and not a super full tent for air flow purposes.

Right before flip i go in and clean up the lower 3rd/ 1/2 of the plant. Clip all tiny sucker branches and anything I dont think is going to produce a strong branch. In the past I had the bad habit of rooting for the under dog branch. Not any more. wasted energy for the plant and just takes up space. Even into flower ill cut a branch off it it isn’t going to cut it or is clogging up the plant or gets hidden or stuck on the side of the tent. I only want strong thick branches that are going to be getting light in flower.
after stretch is over I will go in again and do a defol at about day 14. All those sucker branches and leaves clogging up the plant. but i am elective and try to leave some for transpiration. I will go in later in flower and pull and big sucker fan leaves that arent getting any light or helping a little later.

I went in with bamboo stakes and spread the plant out a few weeks into flower and adjust as needed.

Ill get some side shots tomorrow to show how much I defoliate.

All this being said this is only my 4th grow ever. First grow was early spring last year. So I am still constantly learning what works and what doesn’t.

2 Likes

thankyou for your imput on my issues jackie i really appreciate your advice and ill keep you posted on my progress and ill watch out for yours too

1 Like

jackie you said in one of your posts that the soil was too loose and you made them a little more compact. did that help the plants alot because im sure i have just done that but now ive pushed down and added soil ? what do you think

1 Like

I think my problem was I potted them a little low this time and I also ended up with some air pocket in my promix. So when i watered I just filled in the pockets and added some promix to the top. Rookie move on my part.

so heres the bottom. i keep them cleaned up and stuff thats not getting light or serving a purpose get trimmed out and i try and keep the branches separated for good light pen and air flow. everyone has different ways of doing it… I have rh issues so i really like to keep them cleaned up. excuse the messy floor i need to get int here and do a clean up asap. you can see how i used the bamboo to angle some of the branches and attach them with soft wire tie. this wasn’t a good example of the lst i used however. I have some that have some extreme outward bends to the edge of the pot

2 Likes

those pots look massive and did adding your promix to the pots to rid the air pockets did it help ? and thanks again

1 Like

Oh and how many times do you pull out the middle of the top of branch to turn it into to two ?

i pulled all the pots early and just worked the soil by lightly squeezing the pot… then just added some top soil as it settled after watering.

If you are talking about topping only once.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)