Jack’s vs. Grow Dots: Rebooted

Yeah, I put a tv show on in the background and get trimming. I make it through a plant last night. Just 4 more to go :grimacing:

5 Likes

Lol yep i think i have 4 more … this fall is gonna be rough lol, i have a lot outside :sweat_smile: :weary: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

@LiesGrows here’s the two Frosted Jungle clones grow :v:

2 Likes

I’m doing grow dots with coco and some regular seeds (grandmommy purple, scooby snacks, and mimosa). I’m in week 4 of flower and starting to notice the yellowing that looks like the grow dots may be depleting a bit. I just top-dressed a bit more grow dots into the two plants on the left. Not sure if this will help since these are time-released. Thoughts? After reading through a couple of the older treads, it seems most growers grew autos. I understand why now!

4 Likes

@Graysin will most likely have a great answer for you!

2 Likes

Thanks to @Pinboy , I think cal mag may be the answer. I haven’t used it in ages since starting Jacks so I forgot it was an option!

I’d love to read what @Graysin thinks!

3 Likes

4 weeks into flower feels very early even for photos. This reboot was actually using photoperiod clones.

What feed rate did you pick? And any idea if you have the original formula or the revised one? My understanding is the og version was lacking CalMag, so definitely supplemental CalMag is beneficial if you’re using the older version.

1 Like

I used a heavy dose mixed in the coco. I’m not sure about which version I have but I bought it right before I started this grow 2-3 months ago. I’ll try some cal mag once lights are on. Thanks!

1 Like

Bought last October from Amazon.

2 Likes

Guessing it was the prior formulation. They weren’t real transparent on what was in the original version, so it’s hard to know how much changed really, but I’m willing to bet you’ve got the “needs CalMag for sure” blend. A bloom booster sure wouldn’t hurt for the extra P/K but it also isn’t necessary in my limited experience.

1 Like

Do you have the newer version? I wonder what the back ingredient list looks like.

1 Like

I don’t, I only have the way way original packaging that came in a generic black Mylar bag with a sticker slapped on the front and back.

2 Likes

My bag that I got last year looks different if I remember correct. It’s in a tote in my closet so will take a picture when my wife gets up later (works nights) and post it here if different, will let you know either way tho.

1 Like

Here’s mine.

4 Likes

What was the total Calcium on yours?

2 Likes

Mine shows 1.0000% for the Calcium

3 Likes

Sounds the same as the one @yourviolentpast used too - def needs a little more then. :100: thanks for solving the mystery, my bag never had the breakdown on it.

3 Likes

Glad I could help! I have ended up using jacks 321 in the end anyways, need to start with my current ones their next feeding.

4 Likes

OK, so adding more dots before realizing it was a cal-mag issue has caused severe nute burn. How do you flush a grow dot grow? I’m in week 5:

Should I even bother? I know it will affect the grow in that I won’t get the fattest buds.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t bother to be honest. The more you try to correct dots, the more problematic I think they behave.

5 Likes