Jack’s v. Grow Dots in Coco

When it’s plain RO water, I don’t PH at all. When I feed CalMag (because I got lazy and used tap water) then it’s ph’d down to 5.8. Same with adding Recharge or Tribus. I will ph to 5.8 first.

3 Likes

I mixed thoroughly throughout the pot as I added coco. 1 gal coco, 3 tablespoons dots, mix. Next gal coco, 3 more tablespoons dots, mix. And last gal coco, 3 more tablespoons dots, and final mix.

Edit to add: I went for the heavy feed for my autoflowers and they don’t seem to mind.

5 Likes

Yes, I recall, and it’s good to know. Maybe it won’t make too much of a difference that my soil has some nutes (you are in coco); I mean, it’s not FFOF or something. Well, I have some time, ~3 weeks, before I settle on a game plan.

Sounds like you and alien did the same kind of mixing, and it seems ocd-friendly. :laughing:

3 Likes

Probably no difference at all - since Alien is in living soil which comes loaded with goodness and there didn’t seem to be any nute burn there either - I suspect a lightly nutriented soil will be fine.

I also think it’s a myth that FFOF burns plants - their blends seem to tank pH after 3-4 weeks but I haven’t had any issues starting seeds in straight FFOF, nor re-used FFOF, and feeding little ones full strength Jacks from day 1.

5 Likes

When I was in ffof I did photos and autos both and it never seemed to do much harm to them. A slight tip burn is all if get

5 Likes

one thing i noticed , is in my super-soil made with ffof as a base i keep getting red stalks and leaf stems . now with the grow-dots added to it , i dont see it on them . just one more bonus for the grow-dots .
:alien: Happy Growing

9 Likes

Under the same lighting?? One light might be causing the red if not the same lights. If not the same strains might be another cause. Usually LEDs will bring on the red stems and slacks at times. I’ve notice with the blurples lights it causes alot of red purple stems on leaves for sure. I’ll see if it stops now they r uppotted and under the hlg lights and uva bars

1 Like

@Mark0427 same clones from same plant . same light different shape one square one bar style same watts by mars hydro .

2 Likes

So the spectrums the same or slightly different can be a cause. The red is not a bad thing tho just something led lights seem to bring on to the plants most every one of my plants get it especially in flower with the lights being cranked up high

2 Likes

Damn go in room today and look at plants one has balls. Wonder how as they havnt been close to 12 12 16 or more light always. Oh well down to 3 of the 5 testers one is not doing nuffin and one was definate male 2 appear to have female preflowers and one appears to be male preflowers so might end up with one of each flavor being females which is okay with me I guess. Maybe I should not have kept them small for so long. One don’t wanna move from that phase lol. Oh well. Spit happens. Got the clones to back me up lol.

Which one is the male? :innocent:

Grow Dots today; like I didn’t even do anything to curb the growth

Starting to lose her in the plant fray. Eventually she’ll be distinguishable again.

Also the Experiment continues - reboot is well on its way.

Meet Grow Dots and No Dots v.2.0.

12 Likes

lets go , do it again . so i wont have to --LOL–
good luck !

3 Likes

“Hand Crafted” seeds?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I have heard it ALL now!!
Last time I checked plants made seeds, not human hands! LOL!

4 Likes

I always took it to mean “we pollinated this on purpose, not with the wind from some schmucks hemp farm.” :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL, you two! :joy:

It just struck me as funny!
It’s like these “micro-breweries”.
If I can walk into any grocery store in The United States and buy your beer you ARE NOT a micro-brewery!

edit: Oh yeah - there are actual micro-breweries out there, I just prefer my beer be “chunk” free! LOL!

4 Likes

It IS funny, especially with seeds.

And there are “small batch” this and that, which are obviously sold in large batches. LOL.

If these are the kinds of chunks you mean, I once had a couple of Delirium Tremens with all sorts of “floaters”. Good beer, but stay away from this “macro” brewery if that isn’t your thing. :no_mouth: :beer:

1 Like

Accurate. Although the business I work for recently got called a “giant” on social media and I had to say something. I so badly didn’t want people to get the impression that we are anything but a small family owned company - literally we have 18 employees if you count me, my wife, brother and father. Remove us from the equation and there’s a part-time staff of 14 :joy: I did the FTE calculation once. We have 9-10 full time equivalents (including us 4!). I can’t say we’re tiny anymore but “giant” may be a bit misleading.

Where’s your sense of adventure? Where’s your pocket-sized chunk strainer?:joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see how these girls do! They look pretty much even at this point which makes for a great starting point too! I’ll be stalking from the shadows raining hearts like a ninja Cupid!

1 Like