Jack’s v. Grow Dots in Coco

That was in Dec of 2018

1 Like

Another SD in hydro in Dec of ‘20

I got your small plant.

But 5 months later it turned out pretty good.

:wink::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

9 Likes

I got you. I’m just more accustomed to throwing plants out that don’t perform. If I don’t like where plants are at after 2-3 weeks I’m not going to invest another 2+ months in most cases. I started 5 plants my last grow, gave 3 to family members at about 3 weeks. Tossed the 4th plant about 10 days later. The 5th plant u sat on for a while but ultimately tossed it too. I have zero interest in growing plants that won’t do what I want them to.

Just a difference in what some look for i guess.

6 Likes

See that’s a difference between you and me, I don’t have the experience to know what’s doing well and what’s not… lol

I think all my plants are smaller than most at the same age. I guess since we are limited to how many we grow, we keep and smoke it all… :crazy_face::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I also can’t bear to throw away germinated seeds A they’re 5-15 $ a seed so it feels like throwing money away and B some of my best terps have been from runty plants

5 Likes

I’m curious about that too. My first grow is heading toward harvest and she’s a runt. (19 inches) But she’s smelling the house down even with a huge ass filter, and she’s glittering with trics. I think she’s going to produce quality, even though she’s tiny.

14 Likes

She is a small Beast. Beautiful bud!! :blush::v:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I liken her to a little jewel.

4 Likes

Update time!

We’re at Day 29 (I think).

Here’s Grow Dots

And No Dots

Side by side they don’t look so different now. Grow Dots had an effective FIM. No Dots’ FIM clearly didn’t work.

They are both showing clear signs of pre-flower. I’m gonna be in major space trouble soon.

11 Likes

:rofl: major space problems. I am jealous!

2 Likes

Dots definitely looks bigger to me, lots more foliage too!

2 Likes

Yeah a lot of that is the FIM - I wish I had noticed earlier that I botched the No Dots fim.

2 Likes

What kind of water do you use with the grow dots? Do you have to pH it or just get in a good range?

2 Likes

I’ve been using RO water, so no PH at all. On the rare occasion I’m too lazy to wait for the RO, I will use tap that has been ph’d to 5.8 (as one would for coco generally). I have only done that perhaps three times, though, as I don’t want to do anything to futz up the experiment.

2 Likes

That sounds amazingly simple. I hope she grows some bangin nugs for you!

2 Likes

Me, too. If so, I’m absolutely moving what I’ve got in soil into Grow Dot amended soil. Honestly I’ll probably do that anyway, but I need to run a mini-experiment where I feed grow Dot amended soil with Jack’s and verify that nute burn doesn’t automatically ensue. If I can throw grow dots in everything and still water with jacks on days I’m doing autopot and RDWC refills, I’m doin’ it.

The flowering phase is where I’m really expecting differences to shine, if they do.

8 Likes

@Thumper here’s my coco Grow Dots test

Thank you, very cool! Bet the outdoor growers are watching this like a hawk… Thanks for taking the time!

2 Likes

@Tylersays are you not following this adventure already? :rofl:

2 Likes

I will be now!!

2 Likes